Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Bowl Payouts

1. Default Re: Bowl Payouts

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLA View Post
    I'm calling shennanigans on a $2.2 million payout. For the 2021 bowl game, BYU got $400,000 and CUSA got $200,000. The last time it was at $2.2 million was for the 2019 game. There was no game in 2020. AAC and service academies don't move the needle on this game paying out over $2 million like when it was SEC/ACC teams.
    Payout is based on how many of your tickets are sold.

Which is why the losing team could have a bigger payout than the winning team.

Default Re: Bowl Payouts

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Payout is based on how many of your tickets are sold.

Which is why the losing team could have a bigger payout than the winning team.
    No Turbine. Payouts are negotiated with conferences before a bowl is ever played. It matters not whether you win or lose.

The bowl saves cash with payouts by allocating tickets to each participating school. If a school doesn't sell all of their tickets, the full payout is not achieved. If UL was allocated 10,000 at a fair market value of $45 a ticket, then the bowl is not on the hook for paying out $450,000 in cash as it is up to the school to earn that money. If the agreement called for a payout of $1,000,000 to each school, then the bowl is really only on the hook for $550,000 in actual payment to the school.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I think it just depends on ticket sales. 1500 vs 15k is probably the difference.
    It depends on the negotiated contracts with conferences and the bowl itself. There's no way the Independence Bowl agreed to a similar payout as SEC/ACC matchup and AAC/service academy.

4. Default Re: Bowl Payouts

No Turbine. Payouts are negotiated with conferences before a bowl is ever played. It matters not whether you win or lose.
    Then let me be crystal clear and reword it.

The losing team can pocket more "way more" money than the winning team.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Then let me be crystal clear and reword it.

The losing team can pocket more "way more" money than the winning team.
    And? What's your point?

6. Default Re: Bowl Payouts

And? What's your point?
    The $2.2 million payout can be as real or as false as the fanbase makes it.

The UL game attendance will be another feather in Maggards cap. Crow or Eagle...

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    here is a crazy idea: buy the banner right away before submitting bowl expenses to conf for the split.

also when the contractor goes to hang the banner if they find “structural damage” that must be “renovated” to accommodate the banner, seems it should come out of the pre conf split $
    LMAO

Cougs 17
    Cajuns 21

General side note to all:

cool bar up in Shreveport called the Cub. They should rename it the Coug, if u catch my drift (absolutely no tie to Houston Cougs.) Allthough...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    The UL game attendance will be another feather in Maggards cap. Crow or Eagle...
    Penguin may be applicable in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Penguin may be applicable in this case.
    Maybe the ncaa should cyphon off some of the bowl payout money and make a bonus pool, to award based on leaders in certain statistical areas?

for example i believe under Hud the cajuns led the nation in red zone scoring percentage a few times (or at least top 3) and of course seems having the Nation’s longest winning streak at 13 should have been worth more than whatever bowl payout minus deductions and conf. split we got.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information