Thread: Basketball Stats

Default Basketball Stats

https://ragincajuns.com/sports/mens-.all#individual

This link shows stats for each player on the team. The last two lines have overall team stats and overall opponents stats. Not sure if any conclustions can be drawn from these but a few of you may be able to make some conclusions from the data.

Default Re: Basketball Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    https://ragincajuns.com/sports/mens-.all#individual

This link shows stats for each player on the team. The last two lines have overall team stats and overall opponents stats. Not sure if any conclustions can be drawn from these but a few of you may be able to make some conclusions from the data.
    Lots to pull from this. First, as a team we are shooting 40% from 3 which is pretty damn good and in fact leads the conference. Also, I notice we are averaging around 12 offensive rebounds per game. That is quite impressive since we are a smaller team than in years past and we can thank Lewis for the majority of those. In fact we are averaging nearly the same number of offensive rebounds as we are turnovers which are down this year.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Lots to pull from this. First, as a team we are shooting 40% from 3 which is pretty damn good and in fact leads the conference. Also, I notice we are averaging around 12 offensive rebounds per game. That is quite impressive since we are a smaller team than in years past and we can thank Lewis for the majority of those. In fact we are averaging nearly the same number of offensive rebounds as we are turnovers which are down this year.
    Don’t worry it’s cause the teams we are playing are cupcakes and we are just stat padding!

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Don’t worry it’s cause the teams we are playing are cupcakes and we are just stat padding!
    I would like to see the stats without the two non D1 games. As far as three point percentage goes, we are doing fine in the Dome and were doing OK on the road prior to the games at Drake and UNO. I was told that the quality of the looks we had at Drake was very similar to what we obtained vs Loyola. I find that hard to believe but if true it makes me wonder why we shot it so poorly up in Iowa. I went to the UNO game and I can attest we had open looks there that we usually knock down at home. Making shots from the perimeter on the road is a concern going forward. Having the turnover no. down and the offensive rebound nos. up is encouraging regardless of opponent.

5. UL Basketball Re: Basketball Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I would like to see the stats without the two non D1 games. As far as three point percentage goes, we are doing fine in the Dome and were doing OK on the road prior to the games at Drake and UNO. I was told that the quality of the looks we had at Drake was very similar to what we obtained vs Loyola. I find that hard to believe but if true it makes me wonder why we shot it so poorly up in Iowa. I went to the UNO game and I can attest we had open looks there that we usually knock down at home. Making shots from the perimeter on the road is a concern going forward. Having the turnover no. down and the offensive rebound nos. up is encouraging regardless of opponent.
    I’m not paying any attention to OOC opponents except teams who generally are our peer or better with comparison to other SBC teams. Everyone in this conference has had several teams like Louisiana Christian. Loyola NO is a fundamentally sound and well coached team. Still they’re not Div I and we did exactly what was expected. USM has had a much weaker schedule, but did get handled by NWSt. That game was no fluke and USM was never in charge of any significant time.

Thread Information