Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I just have one thing to say to y'all today.

Ragin' Cajuns I just have one thing to say to y'all today.

GEAUX NAVY!!!

BEAT ARMY!!!!

Default Re: I just have one thing to say to y'all today.

Meh. Falcons are flying high this year. Off we geaux into the wild blue yonder… to build more O clubs and golf courses.
    Agree, though, Go Navy

Sleep tight tonight. Your Air Force is awake.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Meh. Falcons are flying high this year. Off we geaux into the wild blue yonder… to build more O clubs and golf courses.
    Agree, though, Go Navy

Sleep tight tonight. Your Air Force is awake.
    Just an FYI…the Chair Force is the only branch with an O Club anymore.

Inclusivity has done away with rank segregation.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: I just have one thing to say to y'all today.

Yeah, air farce wings are made of lead.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Just an FYI…the Chair Force is the only branch with an O Club anymore.

Inclusivity has done away with rank segregation.
    With all the social experimentation done to the military the last decade, our ancestors’ deaths may have been wasted.

Sadly, PC is nothing new. In WW2 in the South Pacific, my dad and friends were told not to make shotgun rounds to shoot Japanese in the trees, only use bullets, it wasn’t fair. They didn’t listen. Our military has forgotten where that “wait until you see the white of their eyes” got the British.

6. Default Re: I just have one thing to say to y'all today.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    With all the social experimentation done to the military the last decade, our ancestors’ deaths may have been wasted.

Sadly, PC is nothing new. In WW2 in the South Pacific, my dad and friends were told not to make shotgun rounds to shoot Japanese in the trees, only use bullets, it wasn’t fair. They didn’t listen. Our military has forgotten where that “wait until you see the white of their eyes” got the British.
    I’m sure your dad is right, but they fried the Japs by the thousands hiding in rocks, caves, and trees with flame throwers.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m sure your dad is right, but they fried the Japs by the thousands hiding in rocks, caves, and trees with flame throwers.
    Ironic, no buck shot but flamethrowers ok. They were down in the Admiralty Islands Jap snipers would climb coconut trees and hide.

8. Default Re: I just have one thing to say to y'all today.

Those WW I & II soldiers were unbelievable. So many virtually knowing what they were about to do was certain death and then doing it by the tens of thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    GEAUX NAVY!!!

BEAT ARMY!!!!
    Oh, so close!

Now that was an old school hard nosed football game. Watched at a little watch party we put together each year for veterans. We finally set a date of 2027 for when we will take the group and go watch in Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Same thing our ancestors said after the military integrated in the 50s. I think we're OK.

Oh, and way to go Black Knights!!

Well General “Pinkie” Milley did call for a tie, might be first thing he got right as CJCS

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    Same thing our ancestors said after the military integrated in the 50s. I think we're OK.

Not even remotely close to the same thing.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: I just have one thing to say to y'all today.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post

While full integration did not happen until the 1950s, there were some combat units in WW II that were integrated to some degree. My father [a white guy from Mississippi] was a company commander in a Ranger battalion comprised mostly of black soldiers. They never saw combat, but were at Ft. Lewis, Washington, awaiting transport for the invasion of mainland Japan when the war ended.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Now that was an old school hard nosed football game. Watched at a little watch party we put together each year for veterans. We finally set a date of 2027 for when we will take the group and go watch in Philly.
    Now THAT is bucket list material. Nice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information