Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12

Thread: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Financial support is one thing. Actively politicking to keep the current coach installed is a completely different thing. And, the majority of the social club talk down to 'regular' fans that aren't happy with results. They purposely shun people who asks questions or have a more realistic view of what's going on with our once proud MBB program. They expect no real result or standard, but they look down on people that aspire to achieve more.
    You can ask me any question you like at any time. You may not agree with my answer but I don't have a problem sharing my opinion. I may want to do it privately at times however.

2. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    You can ask me any question you like at any time. You may not agree with my answer but I don't have a problem sharing my opinion.
    Which is why I don't consider you a social club member.

Which is why I don't consider you a social club member.
    I will add that some people do believe that when positive things do occur, many are reluctant to give credit to the team. That may be due to the past when results were not consistent. Also questions about the strength of the pre conference schedule are reasonable and I am ignoring the non D1 games when I say that. However you can never truly know the strength of a team in preseason and the players have no control over that. One ☝️ should not assume the current team will have the same inconsistent results. If you watch them play you will see that they play hard and have a team first mentality. Will that be enough to have significant success in conference play, I do not know.

4. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I will add that some people do believe that when positive things do occur, many are reluctant to give credit to the team. That may be due to the past when results were not consistent. However one should not assume the current team will have the same results. If you watch them play you will see that they play hard and have a team first mentality. Will that be enough to have significant success in conference play, I do not know.
    I have watched them. And I like the team. I think they're much better than anything we've had in the past 3 years. I think they can win the league.

My issue is not with the young men that wear the jersey.

5. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

I have watched them. And I like the team. I think they're much better than anything we've had in the past 3 years. I think they can win the league.

This is one of the best Cajun teams in recent years for sure, but it aint gonna be easy to win this conference. The top half is going to be pretty good this year and we will be in that discussion, but the following teams are solid.

JMU is my favorite to win this year, they are playing some fantastic ball, they are currently 8-3, but their losses are UNC by 16, Valpo by 2 and UVA by 5. They score allot of points, including 7 games with over 95 points this year.

Marshall is solid as well, they are 9-1 and have not played a non D1 team this year. Their schedule has not been all that tough, but their only loss was the first game of the year vs Queens College in NC a newcomer to D1 basketball. They have a nice win over Dusquene.

USM is playing some really good basketball, again schedule has not been great, but they as well are 9-1 with wins over Vandy and Liberty, as well as Montana and Wintrop. Their lone loss was to a really good Northwestern State team.

Troy is playing some good ball as well, they are 7-4 with a win over Florida State. They have lost to a few teams that are surprising, but overall playing good ball.

ODU is a tough one to read. They are 7-4 as well, they lost to a very good VT team and a good Davidson team, they have a win over ECU.

All but ULM and USA (who USA has played a rough schedule) are at or above .500.

I think we can win it all this year in the Belt, but it will not be easy

Conference attendance as of 12/7. Think we got problems? 723, guess who.

https://www.csnbbs.com/thread-961198.html

Financial support is one thing. Actively politicking to keep the current coach installed is a completely different thing. And, the majority of the social club talk down to 'regular' fans that aren't happy with results. They purposely shun people who asks questions or have a more realistic view of what's going on with our once proud MBB program. They expect no real result or standard, but they look down on people that aspire to achieve more.
    No one person or coach is bigger than the program

8. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

I watched part of the ODU vs Gardner Webb game, that crowd looked impressive in their gym. They had close to 5K in an 8,600 arena but it looked impressive to say the least.

9. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

ULM has 3 wins this season but is 0-7 vs D1 teams. They have only beaten 3 non D1 teams in Dallas Christian, Central Baptist and Champion Baptist on the season.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    ULM has 3 wins this season but is 0-7 vs D1 teams. They have only beaten 3 non D1 teams in Dallas Christian, Central Baptist and Champion Baptist on the season.
    Road trip! Outnumber them, like we use to do in the LC Civc Center.

I have to admit, at least I’ve heard of our non D1 programs. ULM’s never heard of them.

Whoever wins the league this year will have accomplished something. League is best it has been in a few years.

Let’s give credit to them then when they have success. Even the staff members would agree they are the ones who should be recognized when they are rewarded for their efforts.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12

Thread Information