Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

1. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I'm not going to pretend like I've been following MBB, but I have watched some. Namely, Harvard, Tech and a little of Samford. So you guys can take this as an outside view.

First, M$M standing his ground is good to see. I think we see the same thing in terms of what kind of potential this roster has. Lewis is the missing ingredient this program has missed for a long time. Someone compared him to B Hamilton. I think that's pretty accurate. PG play has been much better than the previous few years. If Dalcourt and Garnett continue to make shots, this team should really never struggle to score points. They have all of the pieces in place.

I don't think it's fair to expect much out of Julien. I have no idea what he will provide this team with other than toughness and leadership. If he can contribute on the court, that's just an added bonus. Seems like a good dude, so I hope he gets the best out of his physical gifts for the rest of his eligibility.

The critics are right in that we still lack quality wins on the ledger. If you're going to argue Harvard (they just beat Clemson last week), I'll raise you Drake, who just got their doors blown off by a sub .500 Richmond team. The critics are also right in saying there weren't 2600 in the dome for an 8-1 team against Samford on a Saturday night. 2600 is tickets sold and half of those tickets are purchased by the Social Club. (Y'all can get mad at me if you want, but that's a fact.) There may have been 1500 for LaTech. Apathy has set in and winning isn't fixing it. It's no secret why that may be. You can say all you want about Marlin and his "accomplishments" but the fanbase quit on the man 4 years ago.

This 2022 roster is good enough to win the league. But 2017 was good enough to make an NCAA run and we couldn't get to the conference tourney final. I don't want to hear about Stove's belly ache or Gant's sniffles. That roster was loaded and the SBC was WAY down that year. I can't really blame fans for rolling their eyes about the "hype" so far this season. This is what happens when you pump a fanbase full of propaganda and never deliver. We're a victim of our own BS.
    Attendance kind of reminds one of football, right . . .

Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Basketball has been terribly attended since Peyton/Ling years.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    That’s a big negative on the last 2.
    Esqueleto reading comprehension is poor. I said MBB was 5th on the importance level and he brought season tickets/attendance into play. While we are talking about it Volleyball was pulling close to 1000 folks and EKL was pack. I don't have to tell you about softball getting 1500 to 1800 per game. MBB at UL is dying.

4. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

7500 = 1500

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Esqueleto reading comprehension is poor. I said MBB was 5th on the importance level and he brought season tickets/attendance into play. While we are talking about it Volleyball was pulling close to 1000 folks and EKL was pack. I don't have to tell you about softball getting 1500 to 1800 per game. MBB at UL is dying.
    Who gets to decide which sport is more important? What’s the criteria? Wouldn’t attendance be something to look at? While you’re bringing up attendance to volleyball, it was free to get in so it’s not a fair comparison. Also a men’s national championship in basketball would garner far more attention than a women’s softball natty. It’s why big fish gets paid 600k and glasco makes what he makes 170k.

6. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Who gets to decide which sport is more important? What’s the criteria? Wouldn’t attendance be something to look at? While you’re bringing up attendance to volleyball, it was free to get in so it’s not a fair comparison. Also a men’s national championship in basketball would garner far more attention than a women’s softball natty. It’s why big fish gets paid 600k and glasco makes what he makes 170k.
    Touché, except we all know the ONLY reason The Big Fish makes so much is that his wife swims in the right circle . . .

7. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

Looking at the crowds? If half of them need walkers or canes they’re not gonna survive long.

8. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

7500 = 1500
    Well, that's one game. It's unacceptable but its still one game. We had 25k for homecoming in FB. When is the last time MBB put 5k in the dome? JJ Thomas - Fear the Beard?

9. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Looking at the crowds? If half of them need walkers or canes they’re not gonna survive long.
    Life expectancies have been up for years .

10. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

Well, that's one game. It's unacceptable but its still one game. We had 25k for homecoming in FB. When is the last time MBB put 5k in the dome? JJ Thomas - Fear the Beard?
    They don’t have the benefit of a homecoming . . .

In the whole scene of things 15,000 is not > 2600

11. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

They don’t have the benefit of a homecoming . . .
    They have the benefit of double the amount of home games though.

12. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

They have the benefit of double the amount of home games though.
    Not sure that is a benefit

Football has to try only 6 times . . .

Again, in the whole scene of things 15,000 is not > 2600

13. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

Not sure that is a benefit

Football has to try only 6 times . . .

Again, in the whole scene of things 15,000 is not > than 2600
    Vic, this is a race to the bottom. Football attendance is not good for completely different reasons. MBB has a coach on his 13 year and a team that is 8-1. We shouldn't be scraping the bottom for butts in seats. Yet, here we are. Let's diagnose the problem rather than whatboutism. It's like the Alden report stated "I've never seen a school with 4 different fanbases."

Football's problems have nothing to do with MBB problems.

I think for the Cajundome re-opening game vs Nicholls had about 6k. Most of the 1st 2 levels were full. That was the best crowd since the remodel.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Support of the program decides the importance. MBB has little to no support, except the Social Club which you seem to be a part of. Glasco has more conference championships than all UL coaches combined and Marlin will be gone before Glasco is gone. Lets look at attendance. MBB had 1000 actual folks in the dome, softball gets 1500 to 1800 actual folks per game. Give up you dream of MBB at UL ever winning a natty.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread Information