Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

Default Re: Louisiana vs Samford

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I was impressed with their athleticism. Did you watch the game, or just looked at the box score? I noticed you didn't mention Southern Miss, you know the team sitting at the top of the standings. I mentioned them as well. I said we are not good defensively, although the second half the Cajuns played better. My comments are supported by the fact the Cajuns are second to last in the SBC in scoring defense.
    Hey man all I’m saying is they could have all the talent in the world. Doesn’t make them a good team. Agreed our defense played a lot better in the second half. A lot of the defensive breakdowns in the first half had more to do with the type of team Samford is. They are tough to defend regardless of talent. We made halftime adjustments and shut down their offensive flow in the second. And to answer your question, no I didn’t watch the odu game as it was played as the same time as ours. So did you just look at our boxscore and look at our stats since you watched the odu game?

I watched it Mike, and I'm not disputing anything you have stated. Samford may be a good shooting team, but outside of 3 or 4 players they are not very athletic in comparison to the top of the SBC. I watched a little ODU and USM tonight. Samford isn't close to either in talent.
    Those will be two of our toughest opponents in conference. Note USM is our first conference opponent at home on January 5. I wish that game were a little later so as students could be back in school. Students helped create the positive atmosphere against La Tech and it would be good to have that against a tough opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    When will the Cajuns play a good team? These pad the stats games are gonna keep Marlin around.
    Conference play will determine the future of the program. Non conference at our level is to help us prepare for that. I think La Tech and Drake are good teams we have played to date. On December 21 we play at Texas.

Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    I was thinking sams thing, where are the students. That’s a huge energy boost…
    Finals are over so students probably clearing out of the dorms & heading home

5. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    I was thinking sams thing, where are the students. That’s a huge energy boost…
    Semester break. The vast majority of the dorm dwellers had or were in the process of heading home. I won’t comment about the locals because they’re too few to mention. Remember Turbine has designated the default position, UL isn’t a commuter school.

We played Samford, not Furman. I agree they were well coached and get most from their talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Hey man all I’m saying is they could have all the talent in the world. Doesn’t make them a good team. Agreed our defense played a lot better in the second half. A lot of the defensive breakdowns in the first half had more to do with the type of team Samford is. They are tough to defend regardless of talent. We made halftime adjustments and shut down their offensive flow in the second. And to answer your question, no I didn’t watch the odu game as it was played as the same time as ours. So did you just look at our boxscore and look at our stats since you watched the odu game?
    I watched our game on ESPN Plus and jumped back and fourth watching ODU and USM on my TV. You do know you can watch multiple games if you have more than one device? I think you are being a little defensive here because of my comments. You don't have to read or like them. Again, what did I say that is not true, or a swipe at this team? They are not good defensively, and they need to get better.

8. Default Re: Louisiana vs Samford

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Conference play will determine the future of the program. Non conference at our level is to help us prepare for that. I think La Tech and Drake are good teams we have played to date. On December 21 we play at Texas.
    Southern Methodist is traditionally a very solid team. Won’t check to see how they’re doing. No doubt many would complain, observers, of the crap schedule had we secured a game against NWST. The Demons beat USM, and took the Hoax to the slaughter house.

I need to look at our FG percentage allowed on defense. That is a better indicator than points allowed regarding defensive efficiency. I don’t know where we stand in the league in that regard. One factor in our inconsistency on defense has been the availability of Joe Charles. He is our best defensive player but unfortunately has seemed to be injury prone this season. We gave up 88 to Tech and his minutes were limited due to injury In Asheville. Injury against Loyola prevented him from playing against UNO and they scored 77. If he had played, I am confident Privateer bigs would not have had success driving to goal after JB fouled out. All that being said I agree team needs to improve on that end to reach their goals. I also think coaches and players would agree with that view. They believe they are capable of doing so in my view

I watched our game on ESPN Plus and jumped back and fourth watching ODU and USM on my TV. You do know you can watch multiple games if you have more than one device? I think you are being a little defensive here because of my comments. You don't have to read or like them. Again, what did I say that is not true, or a swipe at this team? They are not good defensively, and they need to get better.
    I’m not defensive about it. Just making an observation. I asked you a question and you answered it. Doesn’t mean I’d agree with it. I don’t think we are a great defensive team. I don’t think we’re bad either. I think it speaks more to the style of our play. We are in the top 20 in the nation scoring the ball. We are hyper aggressive on the defensive end so we tend to overplay some things and give up some offensive rebounds. I’ll also say as good as JB is, he is a liability on defense at times. But I’ll take that as long as we stay at the top of scoring offense and keep winning.

Ps. My comments were not directed at you in regards to people taking swipes at the team. SOME people will pull against marlin at all costs and SOME people will schitt on every win even when it’s a decent to good victory. It’s just how this place is. No hard feelings here. It’s a message board

11. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

Scoring margin has UL in 6th place. So from the John Wooden perspective not a bad defense as much as a good offense. When you score fast and often you absolutely will get more points from the opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I’m not defensive about it. Just making an observation. I asked you a question and you answered it. Doesn’t mean I’d agree with it. I don’t think we are a great defensive team. I don’t think we’re bad either. I think it speaks more to the style of our play. We are in the top 20 in the nation scoring the ball. We are hyper aggressive on the defensive end so we tend to overplay some things and give up some offensive rebounds. I’ll also say as good as JB is, he is a liability on defense at times. But I’ll take that as long as we stay at the top of scoring offense and keep winning.

Ps. My comments were not directed at you in regards to people taking swipes at the team. SOME people will pull against marlin at all costs and SOME people will schitt on every win even when it’s a decent to good victory. It’s just how this place is. No hard feelings here. It’s a message board
    Thanks for the clarification.

13. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

A whole bunch of complaintants here complaining about who is the best non-complaintant . . . I believe I got that right.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Please
    He’s Right

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    He’s Right
    Idgaf if he's right as rain, this dude doesn't watch or go to the games, therefore he doesn't get an opinion on this, IMO, FWIW.
    Last edited by Esqueleto; December 11th, 2022 at 12:24 pm. Reason: I need to find Jesus

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information