Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    The FACT that you have to make this statement says a lot about you.
    This was in response to YOUR post #122. Did you forget what you posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I think it's time for a change, no doubt, but this team still needs our support regardless of who coaches the team.
    I do understand the conundrum that a lot of our fans face, myself included.
    I will agree that this team is very talented. They will win a lot of games and get bounced in the first or second round of the SBC tournament.

They will likely win 25-27 games.

3. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Can you imagine the crowd last year for WBB and LSU was free? Might of gotten 5k.

I just don’t know how UL gets out the intergovernmental agreement with LCG. It’s too late, but the agreement for the new Heymann Center could of included an out for UL from the dome.
    The CD reno was what, $12mm? Imagine what that could have done at Blackham. You have a pro-UL, pro-business, small government MP in Guillory. He also likes "side hustles." Let's grease the wheels and just stop communicating with them after. LCG has too many lawsuits on their hands right now anyway. Force them to sue. I still marvel at the people responsible for making these decisions. The CD agreement was bad BEFORE the renovation. In the history of this program, i don't think we've ever gotten a 10k crowd. Why on earth would you think it's a great idea to invest heavily in an arena that seats 13k+ when your average crowd over a 20 year span is roughly 3800?

And of course you have the issues of not being able to profit on advertising, ticket pricing being outrageous, and concessions being unaffordable.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    This was in response to YOUR post #122. Did you forget what you posted?
    STOP. TAKING. EVERYTHING. SO. LITERALLY.

5. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

So, have we solved anything today . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Fact of the matter is in FBS, football drives all the buses. MBB is a distant 2nd but well ahead of all other sport, after that it is dependent on the program. For instance at UL, it is baseball, softball and then WBB, but the reality is in many P5 programs, WBB is ahead of many of these sports. We have the luxury of having a baseball and softball programs that are self stainable and many programs can not say that. Part of the reason we have a large following in volleyball is #1, our team is getting better, #2 our games are free and #3 our coach is (and this will sound sexist) very hot. We have a ton of students going to the games because of our coach and our ladies, but if it was $10 or more per ticket, the crowds would be much, much less, believe me.

If football and/or basketball games were free for the general public, you would even see more people attending. I have not made a game in the Cajun Dome this year, not because I haven't wanted to, but because of work and now we have a foster child, it has made it more difficult, that and I refuse to pay $10 plus for a beer I can drink for much less at my own home. The prices are ri-f'n-diculous and and embarrassment.

I missed no football games this year and only a handful of baseball games. But basketball as stated before I need to take a loan out to go to any of the games, it is wrong and something needs to be done about it. If the games were reasonable priced (get rid of the Ticketmaster fees) and beer was reasonable, not cheap, reasonable, I would be at almost every game.

For me to go to a game alone a $7.50 ticket cost me $23.75, which alone is crazy. Then I will drink at least 2 beers (I drink craft, so that is $20, minimum). Add in peanuts or popcorn and I am well north of $50. If I bring my family of 4, I am looking at probably close to $150 bucks a night.

A ticket to a UL basketball game that is $7.50, should cost me $7.50 and domestic beer should be $4 and craft beer should be $5. If I wanted to go to the game at a reasonable price, it should cost me no more than 20-30 bucks tops all inclusive with beer, snacks and tickets.

The reason most people like baseball and softball games is that they can get reasonable tickets, reasonable beer prices and reasonable snacks without breaking the bank.
    Can you avoid the ticketmaster fee if you go directly to the dome to buy your tickets. Price is a big factor now for the current attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I responded a few posts ago about the social media interaction. It’s a red flag.

As far as fundraising……ehhhh.
    Fund raising for supplementing support to the assistant coaches happened last year and it occurred this year for NIL purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The CD reno was what, $12mm? Imagine what that could have done at Blackham. You have a pro-UL, pro-business, small government MP in Guillory. He also likes "side hustles." Let's grease the wheels and just stop communicating with them after. LCG has too many lawsuits on their hands right now anyway. Force them to sue.

The CD agreement was bad BEFORE the renovation. In the history of this program, i don't think we've ever gotten a 10k crowd.
    It doesn’t take a Mensa card to realize in the future LCG will be cash strapped when the St. Martin spoil banks and CoE mess is cleared up. The definition of lesser government should NEVER be confused with “I’m doing this”.

The very first game in the dome I think was 10k (UGA). Loyola-Marymount and UMass might of exceeded 10k.

9. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

For those commenting about the CD renovation? I’m pretty sure that money wasn’t for anything but the CD renovation. That money was FEMA money for the damages from housing Katrina victims. So it was never possible for Blackham renovation.

The size of the dome. Given the recent history of UL basketball at the time, and no daily tv coverage it wasn’t unreasonable to expect 7K-9K on a regular basis. I recall watching a near full dome vs UNO, USA , and LTUR.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Can you avoid the ticketmaster fee if you go directly to the dome to buy your tickets. Price is a big factor now for the current attendance.
    I can’t remember exactly what I posted in another thread, but at the box office, tickets around $13 after fees if I’m not mistaken.

Just brutal that our fans can’t buy tickets at a reasonable price online. This of course isn’t a MBB exclusive problem. Especially harmful during football season when we are trying to run promotions the week of games and people have to drive to CD.

11. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

Someone from the media like Scott Prather needs to ask Maggard, or T Joe about why on earth we have these anti fan contracts for tickets and concessions. Maybe they can explain it away, but at these prices I’d not expect many people willing to come to games.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    M$M doesn't need my vote approval, but I can say without hesitation, he's absolutely NOT a part of what I call the "social club." The social club are the people that hold the program back by supporting bad basketball, bad promotional practices, get too cozy with the coach and care more about their seats at the table than the health of our program.

M$M is the kind of fan we NEED to stay invested. Doesn't support blindly but gives the benefit of the doubt and is pretty honest about where we are. Knows his ball as well.
    I presume you advocate that all Rebounders Club members suspend their donations until a coaching change occurs. Were that to happen it would have a significant impact to the players. All funds go to them. Without those they would have poorer meals on the road, worse hotels to reside in, fewer plane trips, and longer bus rides. Those things impact performance. I don't think any Cajun fans want any of our athletes to have less than we can reasonably provide. Some funds have been used to improve the video equipment in the Moncla practice facility. With the players approval some funds have been designated to encourage student turnout via T shirt and pizza promotions. Players themselves have been doing some of that promotion on campus. Those efforts will continue when a coaching change occurs. As far as benefit to donors, all our programs provide minor perks to their major supporters. Every school does to some degree. Note many of those people recognize there are shortcomings but choose to continue support for the benefit of the athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Someone from the media like Scott Prather needs to ask Maggard, or T Joe about why on earth we have these anti fan contracts for tickets and concessions. Maybe they can explain it away, but at these prices I’d not expect many people willing to come to games.
    I think his answer will be we are bound to these due to our contract with the Dome. Followup should be when does that contract end and can we negotiate a better one in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    For those commenting about the CD renovation? I’m pretty sure that money wasn’t for anything but the CD renovation. That money was FEMA money for the damages from housing Katrina victims. So it was never possible for Blackham renovation.

The size of the dome. Given the recent history of UL basketball at the time, and no daily tv coverage it wasn’t unreasonable to expect 7K-9K on a regular basis. I recall watching a near full dome vs UNO, USA , and LTUR.

And the mothership was just coming on the media scene. A lot of dynamics changed.

No crowds over 10k this century, none since ‘95. No sellouts. Only ONE post 2000 over 9k (1-1-2001 new century by definition), one 8k. Pretty much kills the “it was packed back when” bs.

Trend is undeniable, been coming for decades.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

15. Default Re: Final: Louisiana 75, Samford 58

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I presume you advocate that all Rebounders Club members suspend their donations until a coaching change occurs. Were that to happen it would have a significant impact to the players. All funds go to them. Without those they would have poorer meals on the road, worse hotels to reside in, fewer plane trips, and longer bus rides. Those things impact performance. I don't think any Cajun fans want any of our athletes to have less than we can reasonably provide. Some funds have been used to improve the video equipment in the Moncla practice facility. With the players approval some funds have been designated to encourage student turnout via T shirt and pizza promotions. Players themselves have been doing some of that promotion on campus. Those efforts will continue when a coaching change occurs. As far as benefit to donors, all our programs provide minor perks to their major supporters. Every school does to some degree. Note many of those people recognize there are shortcomings but choose to continue support for the benefit of the athletes.
    Financial support is one thing. Actively politicking to keep the current coach installed is a completely different thing. And, the majority of the social club talk down to 'regular' fans that aren't happy with results. They purposely shun people who asks questions or have a more realistic view of what's going on with our once proud MBB program. They expect no real result or standard, but they look down on people that aspire to achieve more.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information