Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Changes Coming to Yvette Girouard Field at Lamson Park.

UL Softball Changes Coming to Yvette Girouard Field at Lamson Park.

The red, wooden fence is gone! It is being replaced with a black padded fence. Pictures compliments of Wayne V.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Default Re: Changes Coming to Yvette Girouard Field at Lamson Park.

Nice. Gonna miss that red to pink fence.

3. UL Softball Re: Changes Coming to Yvette Girouard Field at Lamson Park.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Nice. Gonna miss that red to pink fence.
    Yeah, things around here are beginning to look & feel like Arkansas State, or maybe Texas Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    The red, wooden fence is gone! It is being replaced with a black padded fence. Pictures compliments of Wayne V.
    About time. Wasn't this supposed to be replaced last season or at least talks about it?

Does this mean there will be a pink out of the CF endzones?

How tall is the new fence? Looks a little short, but maybe there's a second level???

Shouldn’t we be spending money on the facilities that have never been upgraded rather than upgrading the ones that just got rebuilt. You know like the one that drives the whole athletic ship.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    Shouldn’t we be spending money on the facilities that have never been upgraded rather than upgrading the ones that just got rebuilt. You know like the one that drives the whole athletic ship.
    I share your sentiments but perhaps this funding was either self raised or dedicated donations. The softball program has excellent fan support.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    The fence was way overdue to be replaced. It was probably the worst outfield fence in all of college softball. It resulted in a number of player injuries over the years. Especially to players on other teams who thought they could bust through it.

10. Default Re: Changes Coming to Yvette Girouard Field at Lamson Park.

Why would anyone believe that they could burst through a solid wooden wall? I like the new padded boards

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    How tall is the new fence? Looks a little short, but maybe there's a second level???
    It doesn't look to be shorter to me. If anything, taller, by just a little. Compare for yourself.

Upgrades are good. The red fence was old and an eyesore. I get the safety issue also. This is a good thing. Plaster Louisiana across it.

It would also be interesting to see if they decorate it with all the accolades. Championships, regionals, supers, WCWS. Imagine a team acknowledging accomplishments. Looking at you, football.

It doesn't look to be shorter to me. If anything, taller, by just a little. Compare for yourself.
    Thanks, that's the better perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Upgrades are good. The red fence was old and an eyesore. I get the safety issue also. This is a good thing. Plaster Louisiana across it.

It would also be interesting to see if they decorate it with all the accolades. Championships, regionals, supers, WCWS. Imagine a team acknowledging accomplishments. Looking at you, football.
    I'm thinking, maybe something like this. Only in black.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post

Would need more fencing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information