Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How Much is College GameDay Worth?

1. Support How Much is College GameDay Worth?

From an overall record standpoint, it was a down year for Appalachian State football, but the administration probably feels differently than the fanbase does.

2. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: How Much is College GameDay Worth?

College Game Day visit, especially if handled well, is something very few great seasons can get you. Brand recognition. It’s even better for you than multiple visits. Sort of the Pavlo dog thing.

https://www.verywellmind.com/pavlovs-dogs-2794989

Default Re: How Much is College GameDay Worth?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    College Game Day visit, especially if handled well, is something very few great seasons can get you. Brand recognition. It’s even better for you than multiple visits. Sort of the Pavlo dog thing.

I wouldn't even want GameDay at UL. I image half of the people would be LSU fans. And, where would you put it? Facing Agave? Cajun dump? UMC?

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I wouldn't even want GameDay at UL. I image half of the people would be LSU fans. And, where would you put it? Facing Agave? Cajun dump? UMC?
    My guess is in front of the fleur de lis in the quad

5. Default Re: How Much is College GameDay Worth?

The priceless "Alligator Habitat" on campus, the name sake of the football field, otherwise known as "The Swamp"

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The priceless "Alligator Habitat" on campus, the name sake of the football field, otherwise known as "The Swamp"
    This^. Out on the pier if possible.

But would fun be allowed?

7. Default Re: How Much is College GameDay Worth?

You’re too negative.

8. Default Re: How Much is College GameDay Worth?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    This^. Out on the pier if possible.

But would fun be allowed?
    Not if TJoe has anything to say

App State. Other schools to ESPN..."We will do whatever you want!"

UL..."That's not allowed on campus, that's not how we do things here..."

Alumni Association, SGA, etc to ESPN..." Get our name right, always include @ Lafayette..."

Lol

Have it at the tigue. Put the set in the outfield with the cameras facing the grandstand.

11. Default Re: How Much is College GameDay Worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Lol

Have it at the tigue. Put the set in the outfield with the cameras facing the grandstand.
    But, but, but they would see the concessions . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Speaking of the concession view, any word on when will the rest of the seats be installed?

Inside the Tigue

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post

App State got a 25% increase in applications following College Game Day. That is huge.

That gets me wondering about the university commercials when our games are televised. They say nothing about the university and are not inspiring for anyone who might be interested in attending UL. Instead of showing some girl's dream, how about showing video of the campus and our facilities, talk about our academic achievements and Tier 1 status and how great a college town Lafayette is. Give people a sense of what UL is all about. If I were choosing a school, that would be more informative than what they are presently showing, which in my opinion, is a total wasted opportunity.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information