Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Brown Named SBC Men's Basketball Player of the Week

1. UL Basketball Jordan Brown Named SBC Men's Basketball Player of the Week

After leading his team to a pair of victories, Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns junior forward Jordan Brown earned Sun Belt Conference Men's Basketball Player of the Week honors, the league office announced on Tuesday.

Default Re: Jordan Brown Named SBC Men's Basketball Player of the Week

1 down 10 to go hopefully

Way to geaux. Any idea how many times Pops had a similar award?

4. Default Re: Jordan Brown Named SBC Men's Basketball Player of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoot View Post
    Will be more Cajun basketball players getting this type of award all year long due to all the talent on this team can’t wait for Marlins end-of-the-year party to celebrate the season

Beat Part of it I get raising canes always goes to his special guests !!!
    Leave Canes alone . . .

I sure hope JB is here next year!… and doesn’t think he sees some greener grass

WTF, greener grass is illegal?!?

Quote Originally Posted by DannyP View Post
    I sure hope JB is here next year!… and doesn’t think he sees some greener grass
    Lol. I don't think there's a shot in hell that he is here next year.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Lol. I don't think there's a shot in hell that he is here next year.
    Let's just hope he continues to play at a high level this season. As well as he has done, there is room for improvement. He could slide his feet more when at the perimeter on defense, be a little more consistent at the line, recognize the double team quicker so he can pass out of it with efficiency and go up stronger at the rim when challenged. Tomorrow night's game at the Dome could be interesting. Samford is going to shoot a lot of threes. If we hold them to under 10 makes we likely win. Joe Charles is supposed to be back. We always seem to do better defensively when he is on the court. We will see if that trend continues Sat. night. This will be our second nonconference D1 home game opponent, meaning it should be a normal competitive game. Too bad students are leaving as their support of basketball has been much improved this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Let's just hope he continues to play at a high level this season. As well as he has done, there is room for improvement. He could slide his feet more when at the perimeter on defense, be a little more consistent at the line, recognize the double team quicker so he can pass out of it with efficiency and go up stronger at the rim when challenged. Tomorrow night's game at the Dome could be interesting. Samford is going to shoot a lot of threes. If we hold them to under 10 makes we likely win. Joe Charles is supposed to be back. We always seem to do better defensively when he is on the court. We will see if that trend continues Sat. night. This will be our second nonconference D1 home game opponent, meaning it should be a normal competitive game. Too bad students are leaving as their support of basketball has been much improved this season.
    Mike, you're right about JB. Defensively, he can be a liability IMO at times, especially the further he moves out of the lane. I've found that he doesn't work quite as hard in pick and roll situations and on ball defense. He could also work on his mid range and 3 point game a little more as well as teams are going to continue to push him out from the block with double teams etc..

Free throw shooting needs to improve because he'll be on the line a lot. He's got the stroke...wonder if he's putting in work at practice.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Free throw shooting needs to improve because he'll be on the line a lot. He's got the stroke...wonder if he's putting in work at practice.
    I assure you he is putting the free throw shooting work in practice. Yes, he is not hitting at the level which he needs to be at but he is much improved from a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I assure you he is putting the free throw shooting work in practice. Yes, he is not hitting at the level which he needs to be at but he is much improved from a year ago.
    Thanks. Without knowing the exact stat, I'd say he's hitting around 50% or a little higher.

13. Default Re: Jordan Brown Named SBC Men's Basketball Player of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Thanks. Without knowing the exact stat, I'd say he's hitting around 50% or a little higher.
    I believe you’re correct S Rick. He was around 70% last year I believe.

JB was around 60 percent last year. This year he is slightly higher than that. He is doing a better job at hitting them at crunch time as evidenced by the one and one conversion at SMU.

15. Default Re: Jordan Brown Named SBC Men's Basketball Player of the Week

So really not an improvement worth noting. Not a needle mover.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information