Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Getting Closer

Default Re: Getting Closer

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    So, I heard it was a $60M renovation… then a $70M renovation… now we are down to $45M??
    I got a copy of the agenda item from a friend. It does state that construction of the facilities is anticipated to cost $45,000,000, and the total cost of the project is anticipated to be $65,000,000. The Facilities are projected to be completed in 2025.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLA View Post
    I got a copy of the agenda item from a friend. It does state that construction of the facilities is anticipated to cost $45,000,000, and the total cost of the project is anticipated to be $65,000,000. The Facilities are projected to be completed in 2025.
    Good info. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    .. even if result is small upper deck fitting as many suites and club seating as possible to increase revenues.
    We need to address whatever code issues are revealed by the Demo.

We need Suites. Revenue generators.

We need new press area.

It would be nice to include office space to keep the vision alive of a "Courtyard" area where the old offices are now.

We don't need anything else right now.

LaTech’s press box renovation was $18 million in 2017, so even with inflation I feel like we’re gonna get a nice facility when it’s all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    LaTech’s press box renovation was $18 million in 2017, so even with inflation I feel like we’re gonna get a nice facility when it’s all said and done.
    45 million in today’s economy will get you what teck got in 2017. A nice double wide to replace the single wide we have now. Better off putting that money towards basketball baseball and softball

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    45 million in today’s economy will get you what teck got in 2017. A nice double wide to replace the single wide we have now. Better off putting that money towards basketball baseball and softball
    $18 mill with an inflation rate of almost 10% (2022) is only $24 million. Anyone in construction? Is material cost literally still doubled? I don’t think so.

Be transparent. Send out a graph to all alumni, season ticket holders, RCAF Members to how much money on hand, how much money it will take and how much more money is needed so that we can start getting more money. Publish it in the local paper and across the state.

All we are asking is for them to be transparent. This is a good first step however.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    $18 mill with an inflation rate of almost 10% (2022) is only $24 million. Anyone in construction? Is material cost literally still doubled? I don’t think so.
    Material cost was close to double but has been trending down in the last year.

Is it too difficult to follow the lead of other SBC schools who did major renovations to facilities in the last 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Is it too difficult to follow the lead of other SBC schools who did major renovations to facilities in the last 5 years?
    Yes

11. Default Re: Getting Closer

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Yes
    I see you like my elaborations . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    So, I heard it was a $60M renovation… then a $70M renovation… now we are down to $45M??
    From the administration, $45M is the construction cost. Total cost is $65M. Nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    From the administration, $45M is the construction cost. Total cost is $65M. Nothing has changed.
    Thank you for the clarification. I was asking myself the same thing.

14. Default Re: Getting Closer

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Except what 65 million buys today

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Except what 65 million buys today
    You're too negative

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information