Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Getting Closer

Default Re: Getting Closer

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    They read RP talking about allegedly jacking with funds and threw that out there. Conspiracy eh?

Popcorn anyone?
    You finna get RP shut down again

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Doubt if we have full funding for project. If so we need to have some percentage of funds on hand to get approval from UL system/state. Plus we have to find alternate funds such as bonds to ensure completion. Until done, I wouldn’t know scope of design.
    Didn’t the state just give us around $10m for the seed money to move things forward??

They read RP talking about allegedly jacking with funds and threw that out there. Conspiracy eh?

Popcorn anyone?
    Nothing would surprise me with incompetent, small minded thinking, fossil leftovers still running the show.

This is going to be USL’d so hard. And you will be able to tell it was done as cheap as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Didn’t the state just give us around $10m for the seed money to move things forward??
    If so, maybe using this to replace $10M possibly shifted elsewhere..........

6. Default Re: Getting Closer

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Demo and ground work alone will be close to 10 -15 mill. It's going to be a double wide on stilts after its all said and done.
    Well at least it's a double wide . . .

Popcorn anyone?
    Hmmmm???

I’m sure a presser or a visit by BM is coming to a friendly terrestrial station or podcast soon. Which is better than crickets.

R1 University with a D3 mentality towards football improvements....

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    In all fairness, the success of the last few years is a foreign concept to USL minded people.

Let’s go!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Does our administration require each academic department to fund their own facility improvements and renovations?

It’s been stated before, but why hasn’t the administration been more transparent regarding fundraising? I understand the need for big money corporate sponsorships and some government backing. But the lack of a fundraising drive targeting “Joe and Jane public” baffles me. I’m just 1 guy who lives 400 miles away but if approached with a solid goal, transparent numbers and how the money is being used (what, when, how, etc) I’d certainly contribute. I’m not a big money guy by any stretch but I’d certainly give $500-1000. If only 2000 of us gave $500 that’s a cool million to work with. Many would give more. And I’d sure as heck hope there’s more than a couple thousand alumni and fans out there who’d be proud to say “I helped” build this thing if SOMEONE just ASKED.
    What am I missing??? And I’m not asking for a friend. I’m asking as an alumnus who wants to see our program grow into something we can be proud of.

We have champagne taste with a beer pocketbook. Not taking up for anyone on the stadium project but we can imagine how much construction costs are soaring for a high end project. Early last year my place of business began planning a new office building and from the time we made a 'budget' of presumed cost and went to bid several months later costs increased 25%. So we 'value engineered' for a couple months, bid again and everything still going up finally breaking ground in early 2022. In the end costing +30% more than something that would have begun construction in 2020, just a plain wood stick office building. There's no telling how much more the stadium project costs are escalating. Contractors are unable to hold their bid very long price due to high inflation. Then consider the contingency monies needed for renovation of a 50 y/o stadium. There's going to be some surprises during reconstruction that add cost plus the cost of demolition. We're damned if we do, damned if we don't get the stadium project done. But it needs to get done, even if result is small upper deck fitting as many suites and club seating as possible to increase revenues.

I totally get the cost concerns. At least here some of the construction costs have flattened out (working on one now). Biggest problem for us is getting workers to show up! Lots of over promising and under delivering!
    Regardless, hope to see this renovation move forward and better transparency from our administration. So tired of the old USL mindset. Forget the big $ programs cause we can’t compete with their funding; but many of our conference brethren are moving forward and we’ll get left in their dust before long if we can’t get out of our own way!

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    So, I heard it was a $60M renovation… then a $70M renovation… now we are down to $45M??
    That 45 million will not go far with current inflation. It will cost that just to tear down upper deck.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information