Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowl Prep: Louisiana vs Houston 12/23/22

Default Re: Organizers hope I-Bowl will have big economic impact on Shreveport

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    We are staying at the Horse Shoe in Bossier City. Appears to be a few blocks/walking distance to board walk and East Bank District Plaza where all the happenings are Thursday night. Anyone familiar with this area?
    Same. Might go up early just to drive around Ruston and remind those chump who's playing in "their" bowl while they sit at home

2. Default Re: Organizers hope I-Bowl will have big economic impact on Shreveport

They just don’t get it. It’s not meant to be a slight. Still they really need to educate themselves on the teams.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    They just don’t get it. It’s not meant to be a slight. Still they really need to educate themselves on the teams.
    I figure she will figure that out when she slides down the tv market food chain to Lafayette. She’s been in NOLA, Houston, down to Shreveport.

Not to be pessimistic about attendance, but anecdotally & small sample I'm not hearing much of a buzz from my circle of people about attending.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Not to be pessimistic about attendance, but anecdotally & small sample I'm not hearing much of a buzz from my circle of people about attending.
    Not sure why anyone would be optimistic about our showing considering our home attendance the last couple of years. I know I'm not.

Lesson learned, article has been revised with proper identification...

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Sounds like good enough reason for Cajun fans who are staying overnight to get a hotel in Bossier, not Shreveport. Eat at Bossier restaurants.

Or stay in Natchitoches and patronize their local businesses.

It’s tough getting hotel rooms on weekends in Natchitoches because of the Christmas lights. NSU having issues securing rooms for official invites. Yes it’s that bad. So if you going to spend a night do it in Bossier or Shreveport.

8. Default Re: Organizers hope I-Bowl will have big economic impact on Shreveport

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Lesson learned, article has been revised with proper identification...
    Alright!

I'm spending the night.

Quote Originally Posted by olschoolballboy View Post
    Stayed there for a Reba concert last year. I hope you smoke and if you don't smoke I would spend the least amount of time as possible in that building. It is walking distance to the boardwalk however that area is very dim at night and just looks sketchy. I would only walk around during daylight hours.
    Bossier is a lot safer than Shreveport. Crime along the Bossier River front, I rarely hear of any. Shreveport well it’s constant on the news up here.

10. Default Re: Organizers hope I-Bowl will have big economic impact on Shreveport

Quote Originally Posted by Camel24hrs View Post
    It’s tough getting hotel rooms on weekends in Natchitoches because of the Christmas lights. NSU having issues securing rooms for official invites. Yes it’s that bad. So if you going to spend a night do it in Bossier or Shreveport.
    Funny wife and I are in natchodies right now at the Christmas lights. Got a relatively cheap holiday inn express on Priceline.

Quote Originally Posted by Camel24hrs View Post
    Bossier is a lot safer than Shreveport. Crime along the Bossier River front, I rarely hear of any. Shreveport well it’s constant on the news up here.

This should explain it

https://www.audacy.com/wwl/news/stat...-in-wastewater

“While the City of Shreveport’s water system purifies wastewater before it’s reused, Goeders said he’s concerned about rural water systems and how meth in wastewater could impact the environment and food system”.

Ruston?

13. Default Re: Organizers hope I-Bowl will have big economic impact on Shreveport

Moore like Jackson . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    “While the City of Shreveport’s water system purifies wastewater before it’s reused, Goeders said he’s concerned about rural water systems and how meth in wastewater could impact the environment and food system”.

Ruston?
    That water eventually makes it's way south to recharge areas for the Evangeline and chicot aquifers. That is the major groundwater supply for most of southwest Louisiana. Gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside doesn't it.

15. Default Re: Organizers hope I-Bowl will have big economic impact on Shreveport

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    That water eventually makes it's way south to recharge areas for the Evangeline and chicot aquifers. That is the major groundwater supply for most of southwest Louisiana. Gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside doesn't it.
    Way more projection than we care to know about . . .

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information