Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowl Prep: Louisiana vs Houston 12/23/22

1. Default Re: Organizers hope I-Bowl will have big economic impact on Shreveport

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Way more projection than we care to know about . . .
    I'm more worried about the part of the story where Acadiana locals are using opiods (that ULM grads filled)

2. Default Re: Organizers hope I-Bowl will have big economic impact on Shreveport

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'm more worried about the part of the story where Acadiana locals are using opiods (that ULM grads filled)
    We are doing that when you force us too . . .

Default Re: Organizers hope I-Bowl will have big economic impact on Shreveport

Oh we do a real good job polluting our bayous. Try fishing on a waterway next to an agricultural field in the spring right after the farmer has it dusted.

4. Default Re: Organizers hope I-Bowl will have big economic impact on Shreveport

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Oh we do a real good job polluting our bayous. Try fishing on a waterway next to an agricultural field in the spring right after the farmer has it dusted.
    I wish they didn't plow right up to the ditch.

Soooo much soil lost each year.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    That water eventually makes it's way south to recharge areas for the Evangeline and chicot aquifers. That is the major groundwater supply for most of southwest Louisiana. Gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside doesn't it.
    You'll be getting a different feeling than warm and fuzzy

6. Default Re: Organizers hope I-Bowl will have big economic impact on Shreveport

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    You'll be getting a different feeling than warm and fuzzy
    You get the fuzzy . . .

We are 2 night stayers.

I wish they didn't plow right up to the ditch.

Soooo much soil lost each year.
    You and I both know it’s a losing battle. The political muscle can’t be overcome.

9. Default Re: Organizers hope I-Bowl will have big economic impact on Shreveport

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    You and I both know it’s a losing battle. The political muscle can’t be overcome.
    I was just thinking from a logical sense for the farmer. But so many are leasing, they don't care.

10. Default Re: Organizers hope I-Bowl will have big economic impact on Shreveport

I was just thinking from a logical sense for the farmer. But so many are leasing, they don't care.
    How many sharecroppers do you know to say they don’t care . . .

11. Default Re: Organizers hope I-Bowl will have big economic impact on Shreveport

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    How many sharecroppers do you know to say they don’t care . . .
    I didn't know a farmer with a lease was a automatically a share cropper.

But to answer your question, I don't need to know any, I can tell whether a farmer cares or not by how he treats the land under his control.

12. Default Re: Organizers hope I-Bowl will have big economic impact on Shreveport

I didn't know a farmer with a lease was a automatically a share cropper.
    May not be but same difference for your assumption . . .

13. Default Re: Organizers hope I-Bowl will have big economic impact on Shreveport

I make the trip to Shreveport for work on a pretty regular basis. 3 hours in the early morning, 3 hours in the afternoon. Supporting the Cajuns is the goal here. Not much to do in Shreveport/Bossier to entice me to stay overnight.

14. Default Louisiana over Houston

….Did I just see that on ESPN picks….help me look!11

15. Default Re: Louisiana over Houston

….oh I guess I looked too soon…Houston is the pick….they are chooosing every bowl winner!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information