Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Transfer Portal

Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    It is for next season.
    It would make sense. Jack always wanted to play in the SEC which is a big reason why he committed to Vandy early on even before LSU came calling.

always fun to see, but heard a report that LA Tech leads the number of players that have entered the portal at the end of the season, quite a few SEC teams are right up there in numbers that are leaving their teams

3. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Good to know even you knew that post made no sense about Walker not entering the portal because of what was said on here.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The bigger question is how aggressive are we in going after some of these local kids. We've all heard how UL tends to lack in their recruiting of local kids and a lot of the old high school coaches have said as much.
    Lots of local coaches expect UL to take their FCS caliber players, but push their FBS kids to other programs.

5. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Lots of local coaches expect UL to take their FCS caliber players, but push their FBS kids to other programs.
    That’s been a problem for decades. They want us to take all their FCS players and never help us get FBS players. That’s the perfect design for nothing good happening.

Once the playoff system is implemented in 2024, there may be less reason to transfer for some of these kids. Knowing that no matter where you play, as long as the team you are playing for has a chance to win the conference and then play for a national championship may help the G5's in the long run.

Just my opinion, but it is probably harder for a P5 to win it's conference than a G5 school. I know it may all be relative, but the way I see it, the P5's have stiffer competition per school. More of the kids that play on the P5's are closer to NFL quality players, where as the G5's have a couple of major studs that really shine and help their schools win.

This may help in the long run for local studs to stay home and play in front of their families and friends, which would only help attendance.

And though I have probably stated this a hundred times or so, until a true playoff system is implemented, there has NEVER been a national champion. The schools that have played have been subjectively handpicked to play. They might have won it all, but since there wasn't a playoff system, no one will ever truly know.

7. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Trey Fite, who originally committed to us then decommitted to go to SMU last year, entered the transfer portal to commit back to UL.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherHebert View Post
    Trey Fite, who originally committed to us then decommitted to go to SMU last year, entered the transfer portal to commit back to UL.
    Lord knows we could use an edge rusher/OLB. Just hope he put on a few pounds while at SMU

Local All-American DB has entered the portal. Yes, Cajun coaches are going after him. Will have lots of offers in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Local All-American DB has entered the portal. Yes, Cajun coaches are going after him. Will have lots of offers in the next few days.
    Name?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Name?
    I’ll post a name when he commits. Don’t want any yahoos trying to contact & bug him.

Name?
    71 trust me this guy is a hell of a player and would do big things at UL. Stay tuned to see if he ends up at UL.

From Iberia Parish? Plays/played on a team we played this year?

Name?
    It’s the super secret handshake thing

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    71 trust me this guy is a hell of a player and would do big things at UL. Stay tuned to see if he ends up at UL.
    This dude! Lol. He knows who’s in the tomb of the unknown soldier

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information