Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Transfer Portal

Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Man when I was in school Etienne, fontonette and Francois all from the ville. Seems like that could over come the Baldwin stigma. Those were some of St Martinvilles best.
    Remember, in those days LSU had Saban while we had toothpick. The people around him aren't all from St Martinville. Those people worship LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Is there a reason we haven't offered him yet? I wonder what the apprehension on our part is if so?
    Lots of receivers already on the roster. We could ask the same of all other schools in the area. No offers from McNeese, Southeastern, Nicholls, nobody. Don't know the kid and haven't seen him play but his offers may roll in this summer. Looks like each school is thinking preferred walk-on.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    After watching the Brother Martin vs Carencro game over the weekend their are 4 players from that game that UL needs to be on. 2 from BM and 2 from Carencro.

For Brother Martin it would be RB Torey Lambert, this kid is listed at 6'0 200, I think that is a stretch for him. He originally committed to Texas State, but I think he decommitted when Spatival was let go. He holds offers from UL, Texas State, Marshall, Memphis and a number of FCS schools. The other is Clayton Lonardo, this kid is a clone of Taysom Hill, he plays RB, WR, TE and Defense as well, he can do it all. I don't see where it states he has any offers as of yet, but man this kid is special.

For Carencro it would be the 2 Chantz's. First off, Chantz Ceasar, he is committed to LSU, but I don't think he plays QB there, he also lined up as a DE for Carencro. I think he is a special athlete that could get lost in the shuffle at LSU. The other is Chantz Babineaux, he is listed as a freshman for Carencro but this kid has all the tools to be really good. He was starting for Carencro at WR and DB as a Freshman if MaxPreps is accurate.
    How in the heck do they have not 1, but 2 guys named Chantz?

That's crazy.

4. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

That's crazy.
    It was all by chantz . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Say what you want about recruiting ranking, but it is the measuring stick. It's about mitigation of misses.

Billy understood this better than most. Hud used the wrong means.

I would hope CMDs local-centric staff will pay dividends.

Based on the current rankings, LA Tech and Tulane are knocking it out of the park.

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Fo...chool&State=LA
    Took a quick look at Tech’s in state commits none listed offers from the Cajuns. Do we not recruit the same players?

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    Took a quick look at Tech’s in state commits none listed offers from the Cajuns. Do we not recruit the same players?
    Also look at who offered those players. Think 2 had Tulane offers, a few ULM offers, one Air Force offer. The rest of their offers were FCS schools. Richard out of Karr is the only one that lists legit FBS offers but nobody knows if those were hard offers.

7. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

That's crazy.
    I know we said the same thing at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I hope we not going back to the old days where we lose the head to head vs Tech in recruiting Louisiana kids. Napier might have been the only coach to beat them consistently.
    The Bulldogs also have 10 players in the transfer portal; the Cajuns have one.

9. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    It was all by chantz . . .
    LOL

Nice

10. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Never stop recruiting.

Thanks MD

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    One being Christian Archangel from Comeaux

12. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

True and Funny 5h!t right here.

13. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Crazy numbers. 1/10 of all players that entered the transfer portal today were QB's. 667 players entered the portal and 62 of which were QB's.

14. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

One out of ten.... Not surprising, the QB that makes it to the college ranks has not been told no since he was 5 years old.

Athletically speaking of course.

There’s a reason the NCAA has ran that ad stating ~98% of NCAA athletes go pro in something other than sports for decades.

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information