Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 . LastLast

Thread: 2023 Transfer Portal

Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Imagine all these Louisiana kids that are mishandled by LSU would come here? Imagine.

2. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Imagine all these Louisiana kids that are mishandled by LSU would come here? Imagine.
    We’ve never been a 4 or 5 star players fall back. Hopefully that can change, but with money being more important than ever not likely.

You got the history of high school coaches pushing their top players to Baton Rouge and if they can’t get ‘em there they push them to other lower level P5 schools. They have been pushing their lower caliber kids to UL and get ____y when they aren’t offered scholarships. They still think of UL as southland and that needs to change quickly.

Would love to see a list of Louisiana kids over the last few years that went to LSU then transfered out. Then put them on the UL roster.

5. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Would love to see a list of Louisiana kids over the last few years that went to LSU then transfered out. Then put them on the UL roster.
    I don’t recall many. I remember a wide receiver in Lake era. That quarterback who wasn’t very good. I’m sure there were others, but those two are the only ones that I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Is that documented?

If so, holy ____. The Etienne stuff was true. Horrible.

Bunch of “adults” who never amount to anything, so they have to hound and degrade teenagers on football school choices.
    After committing to LSU, he decided to visit Notre Dame while Kelly was still the Head Coach. Once it became public he was visiting Notre Dame, he received death threats. Because of his injury, he didn't visit supposedly. He stayed at a friend's house, one of teammates at STM. I know the family he stayed with.

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/.ng/8539656002/

The last LSU QB that came to UL was pa-bon.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    The last LSU QB that came to UL was pa-bon.
    You’re being much too kind.

9. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    You’re being much too kind.
    Anthony Jennings was flat out bad.

There was a LB in the early 90's that transferred from LSU to UL that was pretty darn good.

I truly believe some of the players on the team for the Southern Miss New Orleans Bowl had money and through the game on purpose. I have no actual proof, and that is why I am not naming names, but go rewatch the game. There are more than a few plays you have to ask yourself why.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Anthony Jennings was flat out bad.

There was a LB in the early 90's that transferred from LSU to UL that was pretty darn good.
    Sims? Champ? Alexander? Woodall? Pool?

I think Wayde Butler was from lsubr. He would have to be the best we've ever gotten from them.

12. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Sims? Champ? Alexander? Woodall? Pool?

I think Wayde Butler was from lsubr. He would have to be the best we've ever gotten from them.
    For some reason I thought Patrise Alexander was from LSU, but I could be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    You got the history of high school coaches pushing their top players to Baton Rouge and if they can’t get ‘em there they push them to other lower level P5 schools. They have been pushing their lower caliber kids to UL and get ____y when they aren’t offered scholarships. They still think of UL as southland and that needs to change quickly.
    You nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Absolute truth. A very few h/s coaches made the P5 show, so they live vicariously thru their players, as do parents.

Back in the 70’s, McNeese grads permeated the h/s coaching ranks. Same story, if not BR, pushed to LC.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    For some reason I thought Patrise Alexander was from LSU, but I could be mistaken.
    Derace James? He may have been a lineman. He could play

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 . LastLast

Thread Information