Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 565

Thread: 2023 Transfer Portal

  1. #76

    Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

    Go to Robes last two years. There was lots of complaining going on in fact some were calling for his head.


  2. #77

    Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I didn’t realize this was a baseball thread. But I don’t recall anyone complaining in 2014 when we had Connor Toups, Adam Angelle, Blake Trahan, Ryan Leonards, Tyler Girouard, Michael Strentz, Austin Robichaux, Jace Conrad, Cody Boutte, Kyle Clement, Chris Charpentier, Evan Powell, Nick Zaunbrecher, and Trace Guidry. That’s a lot off home grown talent and you say people were complaining because we recruited to many local kids in baseball? Who are they? Do they hate 58-10 with local boys? No one has ever complained because a kid is local when they are playing to the level that is expected here.
    I was not active here in 14 so I have no clue what the knuckleheads here were complaining about . . .

  3. #78

    Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Go to Robes last two years. There was lots of complaining going on in fact some were calling for his head.
    They weren’t upset because of where the kids were from. They weren’t playing anywhere near the level the teams before them did. That was the issue folks had. It wasn’t about their address.

  4. #79

    Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    They weren’t upset because of where the kids were from. They weren’t playing anywhere near the level the teams before them did. That was the issue folks had. It wasn’t about their address.
    That is what they should have done but not what was done. You can go back and look.
    People here were livid and blamed our lack of success on too much local recruiting rather than bad recruiting.

  5. #80

    Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

    Taysom Hill is my favorite football player . . .


  6. #81

    Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    That is what they should have done but not what was done. You can go back and look.
    People here were livid and blamed our lack of success on too much local recruiting rather than bad recruiting.
    Yep. Like I said those same people had no problem with local recruits in 2014 and had those in Robes last 2 years had the same success they would of had no problem with them either. Nobody cares where you are from when you have success.

  7. #82

    Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Tech also has a 1st year head coach. Only won 3 games this year, and is killing us in recruiting!
    …..where do you get the info that ltur is killing us in recruiting? Got some names?

  8. #83
    shof's Avatar shof is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …..where do you get the info that ltur is killing us in recruiting? Got some names?
    I don’t follow recruiting like others but looking at the 24/7 link I can see how that conclusion was made. Tech and Tulane have several more top 60 Louisiana commits right now.

  9. #84

    Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

    Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    I don’t follow recruiting like others but looking at the 24/7 link I can see how that conclusion was made. Tech and Tulane have several more top 60 Louisiana commits right now.
    I hope we not going back to the old days where we lose the head to head vs Tech in recruiting Louisiana kids. Napier might have been the only coach to beat them consistently.

  10. #85
    shof's Avatar shof is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

    You can make a solid argument for Tulane having a good recruiting year now; but Tech??? That’s a head scratcher!!

    P.S. here’s to hoping there is a lot more positive news behind the scenes ….


  11. #86

    Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    That was Hud and before, Billy made great in roads with local kids and coaches. Hud was starting to crack that nut slowly. The problem is the local coaches have the same stigma the casual fan does about the school that needs to be broken.
    The question is who did BN recruit locally that we wouldn't have before?

  12. #87

    Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …..where do you get the info that ltur is killing us in recruiting? Got some names?
    Just go look and compare. You can find it for free on 24/7

  13. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    That is what they should have done but not what was done. You can go back and look.
    People here were livid and blamed our lack of success on too much local recruiting rather than bad recruiting.
    Source?

  14. #89

    Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The question is who did BN recruit locally that we wouldn't have before?
    For starters before billy we very seldom if ever got kids from Acadiana High School. It’s not who did he recruit that we wouldn’t have before. It’s that before he got here many of the in state kids that he got would have picked tech or Tulane over UL or went to so miss or Memphis or some other school. He changed that at least for a brief period. Let’s hope Des can get that momentum back.

  15. #90
    mxpxfr690 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    For starters before billy we very seldom if ever got kids from Acadiana High School. It’s not who did he recruit that we wouldn’t have before. It’s that before he got here many of the in state kids that he got would have picked tech or Tulane over UL or went to so miss or Memphis or some other school. He changed that at least for a brief period. Let’s hope Des can get that momentum back.
    Des is using the same evaluation method as they had under Billy…. The method has not changed it will be if the kids want to come here. Plus Des is now dealing with the NIL and Crazy Portal that Billy did not have to deal with when he was here.

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Transfer Portal
    By CajunGrad16 in forum FOOTBALL
    Replies: 578
    Last Post: January 18th, 2022, 09:52 pm
  2. Transfer Portal
    By Rainman66 in forum PlayerDock
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: December 1st, 2021, 05:58 am
  3. Transfer portal
    By MelRock in forum PlayerDock
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: December 2nd, 2019, 07:15 pm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •