Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Transfer Portal

Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Junius Dural was definitely a RB for the Rams. I was at every game. He went on to LSUAM as stated and was rarely used. He did not play QB.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Junius Dural was definitely a RB for the Rams. I was at every game. He went on to LSUAM as stated and was rarely used. He did not play QB.
    He played QB at Acadiana.

Junius Dural was a running back at Acadiana.

https://twitter.com/14_0productions/..._yCMK8Na8_NdqQ

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Okay, I know he took snaps at QB against us and also returned punts and kickoffs. We were both ranked in the Top 10 when we played them. Was the QB named St. Julian or Journet?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    I thought Junius Dural was a RB at Acadiana? I believe he wore #33. I did not realize he played QB. Was this early in his career as I always thought he played RB while at Acadiana. Didn't he graduate from Acadiana around 1978 or so? I know he was switched to WR while at LSU but did not play much.
    We played against him in 1979 and 1980. We were both ranked in the Top 10 when we played them in 1980.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    I thought Junius Dural was a RB at Acadiana? I believe he wore #33. I did not realize he played QB. Was this early in his career as I always thought he played RB while at Acadiana. Didn't he graduate from Acadiana around 1978 or so? I know he was switched to WR while at LSU but did not play much.
    OK. I only remember him from his LSU days as a kid that was around 9 years younger and not living in Lafayette. If he did go to ASH around 78 I did see him play against NISH as I used to watch my uncles then. I can assure you the only person who made a lasting impression on this young lad, on the field back then, was Johnny Hector. Junius didn’t really stand out that much as I recall. But then again he was playing against one of the best ever at the high school level in La.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    OK. I only remember him from his LSU days as a kid that was around 9 years younger and not living in Lafayette. If he did go to ASH around 78 I did see him play against NISH as I used to watch my uncles then. I can assure you the only person who made a lasting impression on this young lad, on the field back then, was Johnny Hector. Junius didn’t really stand out that much as I recall. But then again he was playing against one of the best ever at the high school level in La.
    I watched Hector play as a freshman, the best I've seen play in this area. Another great back from NISH was Alton Alexis, super fast.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    He played QB at Acadiana.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I watched Hector play as a freshman, the best I've seen play in this area. Another great back from NISH was Alton Alexis, super fast.
    That stretch of years where NISH, AHS and LHS battled it out, and sometimes a 9-1 or 8-2 team didn’t make the playoffs, was some of the best h/s football ever played in Acadiana.

Now we let a computer rank teams and almost everyone gets at least a participation trophy/playoff game. It honestly just meant more back then.

Think I’ve mentioned this before. Have a friend that played at AHS v Hector. Two point conversion try by NISH, a win or stay home situation. Bill Dotson, per my friend, ran the tape back and forth in a tirade, 11 hats hit Hector and he still scored. He kept spinning, could wrap not him up.

From what I understand, to this day he credits everyone he played with for his success and is a very humble individual.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    We knew him as Poo.

11. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Jeweler's first cousin . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That stretch of years where NISH, AHS and LHS battled it out, and sometimes a 9-1 or 8-2 team didn’t make the playoffs, was some of the best h/s football ever played in Acadiana.
    I think that might have been the Fall of '78? Prudhomme's senior year. I think every starting offensive lineman from that Lafayette High team signed to play with a major college team. Sick football played that year.

We lost to St. Aug at Cajun Field in the semis. It was sleeting. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Seriously, though, it was way cold and wet.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

Now we let a computer rank teams and almost everyone gets at least a participation trophy/playoff game. It honestly just meant more back then.
    Don't forget Opelousas with Clint Berry and that bunch. The year Acadiana kicked our butt with Dural, we finally beat Lafayette High 35-0. They had Durkee and Mike Breaux.

I was in college then but I’d try to make those couple of games. NISH benefited from their QB got called up in ‘73 from freshman high, all three NISH QBs injured early season. Threadgill would have been legendary, only played 2-1/2 games at NISH, Moo State still signed him where he was a multi year starter after Rocky Felker graduated. Drafted and played for 49ers one year as a DB.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Threadgill

Here’s a link about the infamous phone call from a Lafayette doctor during Hector’s recruitment.

https://247sports.com/college/texas-...tor-146759766/

I lived in Cecilia during the Bulldogs remarkable run of playing (I think...) 48 of a possible 50 games in that 4 year stretch. I still say, pound for pound, that Jamaican Dartez is the best all-round player that area has produced...

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread Information