Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Transfer Portal

Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Troy is absolutely killing it in the portal right now.
    Southern Miss and South AL added a ton of ex SEC players last year in the portal... both doubled their win total from the previous year.

Troy is well known for its online courses, are the athletes allowed to attend 100% online if they choose to?

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    I would rather us take a chance on high talent, marginal academic high school kid.

I trust our compliance department and "The Culture".

If we are .500 next year, all of CBN success was in vain.
    Your homework assignment is to find a 6'4'' 270 lb highly talented, but teetering on eligibility football player. Ah, seems like they're all bought up.

We don't have the pockets to be a turn-key football program. We gotta find projects.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . a diamond in the rough is a diamond in the rough . . . just need to find them because we do not have enough NIL support to purchase a VS1 . . .
    ALL diamonds start as "rough". The final product is determined how you cut/polish it.

TXST also leaned heavily if not exclusively on the portal and transfers. Didn’t work for them.

I get the nervous feeling. Tough not to feel that way when we’ve hit on some great transfers before and have lead the conference in recruiting for several years. Now seeing other peer schools sign portal guys that look like on paper to be really talented. Feels like we’re buried in the middle of the conference pack again.

So, what are we doing? Not sure, but have to have faith that the staff have a plan and know what they’re doing.

If the talent gap grows on the field, though. Yikes.

I think I'll just wait to see how the 2023 plays out before passing judgment on if Mike's approach on recruiting and utilization of the portal will work or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I think I'll just wait to see how the 2023 plays out before passing judgment on if Mike's approach on recruiting and utilization of the portal will work or not.
    I’m in your camp. If supposedly starting a stadium renovation at the end of the ‘23 season (per KATC), Bustle type numbers will not help add a buzz to the program.

We’ll see come December.

8. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    TXST also leaned heavily if not exclusively on the portal and transfers. Didn’t work for them.

I get the nervous feeling. Tough not to feel that way when we’ve hit on some great transfers before and have lead the conference in recruiting for several years. Now seeing other peer schools sign portal guys that look like on paper to be really talented. Feels like we’re buried in the middle of the conference pack again.

So, what are we doing? Not sure, but have to have to have faith that the staff have a plan and know what they’re doing.

If the talent gap grows on the field, though. Yikes.
    Everyone, more or less, were excited about the class of 22 players. Now many are upset that half weren’t transfer portal players. We can only sign 3-6 more players. I’m crazy happy with Lunch commitment. So let’s just have a little faith.

Anyone know the story with QB D'wanye Winfield? He committed to us on NYE, but I'm not seeing it listed. Did he decommit already?

10. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    ALL diamonds start as "rough". The final product is determined how you cut/polish it.
    What is the news . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Anyone know the story with QB D'wanye Winfield? He committed to us on NYE, but I'm not seeing it listed. Did he decommit already?
    On3 has him as a hard commit...

12. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

D’wayne . . . what is that a contraction for . . . I like seeing the full picture when it comes to recruits . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    D’wayne . . . what is that a contraction for . . . I like seeing the full picture when it comes to recruits . . .
    It’s not an apostrophe. It is a comma to the top. Huge difference.

Lunch has been posting Cajuns stuff on Twitter. He seems to be all in with the Cajuns.

15. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    It’s not an apostrophe. It is a comma to the top. Huge difference.
    I doubt seriously that his baby mama bought that at Booth’s grocery . . .

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread Information