Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 . LastLast

Thread: 2023 Transfer Portal

Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Just saw Louisiana DT Damon Thompson has entered the portal with 3 years of eligibility. It would be cool to see others joining the cULture instead of the opposite. I get that the kid likely wasn’t a projected future impact player at 5’ 11” 260 lbs but I’d like to see us get some studs in the portal…I just haven’t seen it.

Anyway, wish the young man the best moving forward.
    We don't do that here . got one of the only coaches in the the country that doesn't utilize the portal heavily

Just saw Louisiana DT Damon Thompson has entered the portal with 3 years of eligibility. It would be cool to see others joining the cULture instead of the opposite. I get that the kid likely wasn’t a projected future impact player at 5’ 11” 260 lbs but I’d like to see us get some studs in the portal…I just haven’t seen it.

Anyway, wish the young man the best moving forward.
    I mean he was a walkon

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    I mean he was a walkon
    I connected the dots afterwards. My greater question is the number of players leaving vs. the number of players entering via the portal. It’s just a concern of mine but maybe I’m overreacting.

4. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    We don't do that here . got one of the only coaches in the the country that doesn't utilize the portal heavily
    Define “heavily”

5. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

I connected the dots afterwards. My greater question is the number of players leaving vs. the number of players entering via the portal. It’s just a concern of mine but maybe I’m overreacting.
    ….It was said by a former coach that we started the portal in ‘74 with a huge # of transfers…U of Wash …… Cal JCos…Ariz JUcos……Slick and Bankrupt can help with some…oh forgot Ronnie Boo and Roy Henry from SMU and ND….I think about 17 guys!

6. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ….It was said by a former coach that we started the portal in ‘94 with a huge # of transfers…U of Wash …… Cal JCos…Ariz JUcos……Slick and Bankrupt can help with some…oh forgot Ronnie Boo and Roy Henry from SMU and ND….I think about 1& guys!
    This is a whole lot of information for just three lines . . .

I’m afraid the “lesson” that CMD will “learn” is loyalty is a losing proposition, and in a year or two the excuses will rain down “have to give CMD time to “learn” managing the portal.”

The more I see things that are concerning to fans on multiple levels, I feel a decade of “meh” is coming. Yes, a decade. I don’t see or feel any energy with UL FB on any front.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ….It was said by a former coach that we started the portal in ‘94 with a huge # of transfers…U of Wash …… Cal JCos…Ariz JUcos……Slick and Bankrupt can help with some…oh forgot Ronnie Boo and Roy Henry from SMU and ND….I think about 1& guys!
    '74Augie

Every scholarship guy that leaves, opens another slot.of the guys that have left, would any be called irreplacable? Hardly think so.and, there are guys in the portal now that UL vetted and offered out of HS.those guys would get first look you would guess

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I’m afraid the “lesson” that CMD will “learn” is loyalty is a losing proposition, and in a year or two the excuses will rain down “have to give CMD time to “learn” managing the portal.”

The more I see things that are concerning to fans on multiple levels, I feel a decade of “meh” is coming. Yes, a decade. I don’t see or feel any energy with UL FB on any front.
    I use to eat sleep and ____ UL football for the past 13 years I'm at a crossroads of just buying my $10 tickets and going to a 1 or 2 games a year.

I use to eat sleep and ____ UL football for the past 13 years I'm at a crossroads of just buying my $10 tickets and going to a 1 or 2 games a year.
    Don’t give up. Remember even Baldwin was temporary. The next Napier is right around the corner. Hopefully he’s already here. But jury is definitely still out.

Tech just signed a QB from Boise and less than a week after landing Walker ole miss signed a QB from OK ST. Just throwing that in.

Not UL, but Ed Reed and Bethune-Cookman was brought up a few days back. It’s gotten ugly. Reed’s 15 minute IG rant is epic.
    https://www.si.com/college/hbcu/foot.ome-head-coach

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Don’t give up. Remember even Baldwin was temporary. The next Napier is right around the corner. Hopefully he’s already here. But jury is definitely still out.
    Coaching staff is only part of the issue.

15. UL Football Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Coaching staff is only part of the issue.
    Name the top 5 issues you believe are the problem.

As a fan and alumni I should not be expected to provide more than buying tickets I can afford, and attending games that are fun and convenient.

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 . LastLast

Thread Information