Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 . LastLast

Thread: 2023 Transfer Portal

Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Derace James is from Patterson and did go to LSU first.

Another is Mark Hall that is from Patterson that signed with LSU then transferred to the Cajuns and later drafted by the Green Bay.

Side note 4 or 5 years ago a lady ran a stop sign and hit my son. Derace was the insurance adjuster that assessed the damage at the body shop.
    You got it right, with one correction. Mark Hall went to Mississippi Gulf Coast after leaving LSU and then signed with the Cajuns in 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    You got it right, with one correction. Mark Hall went to Mississippi Gulf Coast after leaving LSU and then signed with the Cajuns in 1987.
    That late 80's defense had some BAD dudes on it.

3. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    I knew a guy that completely flunked out of USL then made straight A’s at lsu-a&m-br
    My wife had a speech class with a star basketball player in the Lamar era. He aced the course. His in class speech projects were about how he was in college to play ball, and such. She had a PhD professor who had her last name. On her first day of class he told her she’d get an A or F because of her last name. Time to decide to drop or transfer. I had Miss LaSalle. Let me put it this way, young men often got one on one tutoring and A’s.

There’s nothing unique about anything to do with grades at any college from another.

Heck, I know a player from the area that went to a JC (he aged out in H/S), transferred to USL, and he made an “X” for a signature. He came in where I worked, and was honestly embarrassed when I asked for a signature, which is why I’m not naming him. Think he was dyslexic.

5. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Heck, I know a player from the area that went to a JC (he aged out in H/S), transferred to USL, and he made an “X” for a signature. He came in where I worked, and was honestly embarrassed when I asked for a signature, which is why I’m not naming him. Think he was dyslexic.
    Thanx I owe you

6. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I don't know anymore details, just they were playing catch up and a few players fell thru the cracks.
    .Wouldn't have happened on my watch!! lol well its true!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    My wife had a speech class with a star basketball player in the Lamar era. He aced the course. His in class speech projects were about how he was in college to play ball, and such. She had a PhD professor who had her last name. On her first day of class he told her she’d get an A or F because of her last name. Time to decide to drop or transfer. I had Miss LaSalle. Let me put it this way, young men often got one on one tutoring and A’s.

There’s nothing unique about anything to do with grades at any college from another.
    Miss LaSalle that ordered up like a ghost. I went to school in the 80s maybe she looked better in the Lamar days if so. Lol

Miss LaSalle that ordered up like a ghost. I went to school in the 80s maybe she looked better in the Lamar days if so. Lol
    Ghostly in the 70s too.

Even blue bloods like UNC provide special classes. Sad.

I had Miss LaSalle. Let me put it this way, young men often got one on one tutoring and A’s.
    LOLI had Ms LaSalle in 1982. Happy to say I received a legitimate 'B" without the one-on-one tutoring but did hear about the opportunity to get that "A". No thanks !!

She lived next to me in the 90's. Watched her parallel park her car for a solid 30 minutes one day. She measured front and back and side to side to get it perfectly in the spot. She was a Mathematician after all.
    Today I would I would have video proof of this, but back then their were not smart phones!

She also hated Pearl Jam, Chile Peppers and Soundgarden. I may have blared that from time to time.

12. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

I loved my professors and instructors for the most part. I recall a freshman history professor who told us that we might not have a pop quiz the entire semester. Mr.A and Miss. B please give us a number 1-6, and Mr. C rolled a pair of dice. Goodness gracious don’t study today’s work, per Dirty Harry feeling lucky today punk.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    X. You busted me.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Copy Dat!!!
    Transfering out from TCU.UL recruited out of HS, https://247sports.com/Player/Quincy-Brown-46055396/

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Transfering out from TCU.UL recruited out of HS, https://247sports.com/Player/Quincy-Brown-46055396/
    I wonder if they have a scholarship left for that position? I have no idea at this point.

Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 . LastLast

Thread Information