Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Texas State FB Coach

UL Football New Texas State FB Coach

Looks like it will be Kinne from Incarnate Word.

Default Re: New Texas State FB Coach

Nice…was hoping they’d hire him. As much as he intentionally ran up the score at IW, the league needs a _____ to take Chapstick’s place.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Nice…was hoping they’d hire him. As much as he intentionally ran up the score at IW, the league needs a _____ to take Chapstick’s place.
    Please show some respect when you refer to Coach Cheatwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Please show some respect when you refer to Coach Cheatwell.
    I did. I put an asterisk where the letter “i” was but it still censored.

5. Default Re: New Texas State FB Coach

On a more serious note, is he going to move the needle at TxSt? I have zero knowledge about this coach but he’s a native Texan I’d guess.

Saw this on the Texas State site…

“Think Small, Be Small, Act Small, Be Texas State”

I’ll just leave that right there.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    On a more serious note, is he going to move the needle at TxSt? I have zero knowledge about this coach but he’s a native Texan I’d guess.
    Great question. San Marcos support of football there is much like Lafayette the last couple years. Not sure WHAT would move the needle. Kinne hasn’t stayed anywhere long but he’s been on NFL staffs and a few D1 staffs before his 1 year at IWU where he is 10-1 this year. Guess we will have to wait and see what he can do in SM and also if the admin supports football enough to build adequate facilities to train and practice.

9. Default Re: New Texas State FB Coach

I think I read that they have 12 players already in the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Great question. San Marcos support of football there is much like Lafayette the last couple years. Not sure WHAT would move the needle. Kinne hasn’t stayed anywhere long but he’s been on NFL staffs and a few D1 staffs before his 1 year at IWU where he is 10-1 this year. Guess we will have to wait and see what he can do in SM and also if the admin supports football enough to build adequate facilities to train and practice.
    Dang that was fast! might have been in the works before the last game or at least had some targets. good luck except for when they play the Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    Dang that was fast! might have been in the works before the last game or at least had some targets. good luck except for when they play the Cajuns!
    Pretty sure it was. I pull for them most of the time but NEVER against the Cajuns!!
    And I get to keep house bragging rights for another year!!

Kinne is a Hail Mary play. It will either turn out great or fail miserably. He took over UIW after Eric Morris built it up. He has been around some great offensive minds and UIW put up huge numbers this year. Can he start from scratch will be the big question mark about him.

Eric Morris the previous HC of UIW would have been a much better hire, in my opinion.

Seems kind of fast, almost as if it wasnt a national search nor do they need board review and approval?

I think he will do well there.

15. Default Re: New Texas State FB Coach

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I think he will do well there.
    Most people expected Spatival to do well at Texas State. In fact, at the time he was a really good hire. There were people that when we hired Billy, thought Spatival could have done well here. I don't want to say that TSU is cursed, but man they have struggled much more than I thought they would have after transitioning from FCS. I think they have the resources and support to be a pretty good team in the SBC, but they have struggled mightily, specifically in football since joining.

The problem for anyone coming in, is that Spatival spent so much time in the transfer portal and/or JUCO. To give you an idea, 18 players on the offensive 2 deep depth chart were either transfers or JUCO's, while 13 on the defensive side were transfers and/or JUCO's. That is 31 of 44 players on the offense and defense with large amounts of playing time. That is 70% of your regulars.

I know he was in a win now mentality, but when you rely on the transfer portal and JUCO's that much you never really get a chance to develop talent for more than a couple of years, which in turn means your pipeline is very thin. Plus if you are taking that many transfers into your program their is not a ton of team chemistry, but more importantly you are probably taking allot of other teams problems.

Klinne will have issues replacing what is already a thin roster. Between transfers because of a new coaching staff and graduates/eligibility issues, they will lose Marcell Barbee, Rontavius Groves, Chandler Speights, Javen Banks and Dennis Robinson at WR, Richard West and Russell Baker at OL, Tyler Huff at TE, Lincoln Pare (transfer portal) at RB, probably Layne Hatcher at QB, Nelson Mbansassor, Nico Ezidore, Samuel Obiang at DL, London Harris, Sione Tupou at LB and Kordell Rodgers, Peyton Tuggle at DB.

So far the players that have announced they are leaving to the transfer portal are:

DL Levi Bell
    CB Jarron Morris
    S Tory Spears
    RB Lincoln Pare

I have heard as many as 12 were gone, 3 of the 4 above were on the 2 deep, including Spears, Pare and Bell were were significant contributors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information