Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: SBC Final Avg Attendance

Default Re: SBC Final Avg Attendance

Bottom line. There is a disconnect between the Cajun people and the university that supposedly represents them.

2. Default Re: SBC Final Avg Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I guess I am fooling myself. The casual Acadiana fan around here doesn't even know when UL games are or who we play. I guarantee if you go ask a random number of people in the Acadiana area about those two events, they won't know what you're talking about.

Two true incidents that cause a major role in the lack of in-game fan support: ESPN+ and lack of marketing/communication.
    I am willing to bet you however that every one that was a fan when those two incidents happened and are no longer a fan today know darn well about the two incidents. Believe it or not, they set us back tremendously.

I do think the locker room issue and the BLM March are very under estimated by the administration on the number of fans that it turned off and that they have lost from it.

4. Default Re: SBC Final Avg Attendance

Louisiana Saturday Nights

Make it a lifestyle.

5. Default Re: SBC Final Avg Attendance

It has become quite obvious that the powers that be believe the TV money is way more important than the tradition and attendance that would build . . .

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I do think the locker room issue and the BLM March are very under estimated by the administration on the number of fans that it turned off and that they have lost from it.
    If we were 10-1 instead of 4-7 when that happened you wouldn't have heard much about it. What occurred after that incident let a lot of "so-called fans" off the hook that were looking for an excuse and they got it.

It's just hard for me to believe there is a substantial set of fans that no longer come to football games because of FDT locker room and BLM marches. It's easier for me to believe that those types of fans prefer to stay home and watch on ESPN+ and cite the previously mentioned events as a convenient front.

8. Default Re: SBC Final Avg Attendance

It's just hard for me to believe there is a substantial set of fans that no longer come to football games because of FDT locker room and BLM marches. It's easier for me to believe that those types of fans prefer to stay home and watch on ESPN+ and cite the previously mentioned events as a convenient front.
    Trust me, that was a very hot topic in the circles I was in at the time. Don’t underestimate the effects of those two events on many . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Trust me, that was a very hot topic in the circles I was in at the time. Don’t underestimate the effects of those two events on many . . .
    You remember in the early stages of COVID, if you had a cough it was super easy to get out of going to something you didn't want to go to.

"Man, I got a cough and I don't want to get y'all sick." Then you got to stay home and make a gumbo and drink whiskey because you had an easy out.

Feels like the same situation with "fans" that didn't want to go to games or donate anymore because some football players chanted F Donald Trump. Just an easy out.

And I say all this because I don't doubt some of you have heard someone cite those two incidents as reasons they don't support UL anymore, but I'd bet my bottom dollar it's just an easy out.

You remember in the early stages of COVID, if you had a cough it was super easy to get out of going to something you didn't want to go to.

"Man, I got a cough and I don't want to get y'all sick." Then you got to stay home and make a gumbo and drink whiskey because you had an easy out.

Feels like the same situation with "fans" that didn't want to go to games or donate anymore because some football players chanted F Donald Trump. Just an easy out.
    Exactly, funny how you don't see the same thing happen to schools with real fanbases when players do or say dumb, political ____.
    This is our real fanbase, unfortunately. We roll 15k deep, that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Exactly, funny how you don't see the same thing happen to schools with real fanbases when players do or say dumb, political ____.
    This is our real fanbase, unfortunately. We roll 15k deep, that's about it.
    Yup. Well then I hope when Cajun Field finally gets renovated, we limit capacity to 25k and call it a day. Would rather a seemingly packed smaller stadium than having attendance threads on RP until the rest of my hair turns gray.

Let’s get the team to do a Let’s go Brandon chant, then maybe we can get the attendance back up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    If we were 10-1 instead of 4-7 when that happened you wouldn't have heard much about it. What occurred after that incident let a lot of "so-called fans" off the hook that were looking for an excuse and they got it.
    Bingo.

14. Default Re: SBC Final Avg Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    Let’s get the team to do a Let’s go Brandon chant, then maybe we can get the attendance back up a little.
    You may be surprised . . .

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Bingo.
    We went to the Nola bowl that year.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information