Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: SBC Final Avg Attendance

Default Re: SBC Final Avg Attendance

We can’t get this administration to handle football season ticket sales, yet we want them to manage a $65 million construction project? I’m worried about that failing

2. Default Re: SBC Final Avg Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    C'mon folks. Don't you see what's going on here? Its Russian disinformation I tell Ya!!
    That might be why our Democrats are no longer going . . .

3. Default Re: SBC Final Avg Attendance

One thing all retailers know. It’s much easier to get a new customer than to get one to give you a second chance once burned. UL has been burning fans for decades. This is nothing new. People told me decades ago that you gotta work to be a Cajun fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Its going to take a multi-faceted campaign next year to bolster attendance, adapting alot of suggestion made here. A real all out commitment by administration. Hope so. We'll see.
    Need to address in-stadium atmosphere and fan experience if you want people to return. We have it at baseball and softball games. Severely lacking at football games. You can bring people in, but if they don't like the experience (winning alone won't do it), they won't return, especially when they get more enjoyment watching a P5 game on tv in the comfort of their home. The excitement and in-stadium experience in Baton Rouge, even on tv, beats the experience at Cajun Field for many people. Recognize and address the problem.

Hang a freaking banner. Brand it on the stadium. Celebrate the 2020 conference Championship. Advertise the crap out of it and you're good for an extra couple of thousand or so. That's one game.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLA View Post
    We can’t get this administration to handle football season ticket sales, yet we want them to manage a $65 million construction project? I’m worried about that failing
    Still not one piece of heavy equipment to be seen on site. I said a while back, demo the top deck. Done. Easy and way less expensive. Fill in the north endzone with seats [which still won't be filled] and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    There also needs to be a game to game walk up ticket push. Don't stop at the season tickets. We generally do OK in Game 1, homecoming, and if there happens to be a big game as far as the record goes. Those other three games we generally struggle. The military appreciation game day support has been disappointing in recent years. Find out why that is as well as the youth day turnout. I would work with the youth organizations in town to minimize soccer/other youth sports on those days. Have all that end by three PM for five Saturdays. Push more for Sunday activities on those weekends. Lots of things can be done but the season ticket push is only part of it. You need to work throughout the season to increase support. Of course the team can't have three game losing streaks in September for that to be effective. Maybe the end of the year improvement on offense continues into next season
    To get the casual walk-up fan, gotta fix parking. People can't stomach walking through empty Cajun Field lots when they have to park in a grass field across the street. Not sure what the solution is.

8. Default Re: SBC Final Avg Attendance

The little things matter.

The decline in fan started when the F Donald Trump video leaked out of the locker room and the way Hud insulted anyone that voted for him in the way he handled it, in his response.

Then Billy led his team on a BLM protest that went down to the police station in response to an armed man getting killed who was about to enter a convenient store that could have harmed the patrons. The police did their job by the book.

Any one who thinks these 2 incidents didn’t play a major role in the lost of fan support that the cajuns are experiencing, in one of the most conservative areas in America, you are fooling yourself. The question is what do you do you get that fan back?

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Covid is 3 years old. No excuse anymore. Again, horrible marketing, not fan friendly, drove away student body etc. All this gets you below Ark St. Congrats to the administration. Awesome job.
    Right. Pretty sure Boone NC had Covid too.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    The decline in fan started when the F Donald Trump video leaked out of the locker room and the way Hud insulted anyone that voted for him in the way he handled it, in his response.

Then Billy led his team on a BLM protest that went down to the police station in response to an armed man getting killed who was about to enter a convenient store that could have harmed the patrons. The police did their job by the book.

Any one who thinks these 2 incidents didn’t play a major role in the lost of fan support that the cajuns are experiencing, in one of the most conservative areas in America, you are fooling yourself. The question is what do you do you get that fan back?
    I guess I am fooling myself. The casual Acadiana fan around here doesn't even know when UL games are or who we play. I guarantee if you go ask a random number of people in the Acadiana area about those two events, they won't know what you're talking about.

Two true incidents that cause a major role in the lack of in-game fan support: ESPN+ and lack of marketing/communication.

12. Default Re: SBC Final Avg Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post

I can accept a lot of what you’re saying being true.

The coaches and players can't just lock themselves up in the football complex and generate fan interest. The Acadiana area needs to get the feeling that UL is their school and the Ragin Cajuns are their team. For many years we had a so-so product to offer but not anymore. During COVID people found out that the world did not end if you did not attend a football game on Saturday (or weekday). They found out how convenient and inexpensive it was to sit in your recliner and watch the game on TV. And every game, home and away, is on TV. We have to have something that makes people want to go to the games and take an ownership like interest in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I guess I am fooling myself. The casual Acadiana fan around here doesn't even know when UL games are or who we play. I guarantee if you go ask a random number of people in the Acadiana area about those two events, they won't know what you're talking about.

Two true incidents that cause a major role in the lack of in-game fan support: ESPN+ and lack of marketing/communication.
    You are correct about the casual fan. Unfortunately the fans we lost to those incidents wouldn’t be defined as “casual fans” most were long time regular supporters.

By the way I got in laws that live in the northern most parishes of Acadiana and they aren’t even casual fans and they are all very well aware of both of those incidents. Any chance of me getting them to a game went out the door with the locker room incident.

Unless every school in America is having the same issues we need to stop using Covid as an excuse. Everyone went through Covid. Covid is nothing but an excuse to avoid the real issues.

Look at Troy’s attendance. They had Covid in Al. You ever been to Troy? It is in the middle of no where. About the size of NI if you take the University out and it is not close to anything. You can’t get to it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information