Thread: CFB Playoffs

UL Football CFB Playoffs

Well it’s officially official. Rose Bowl is in. Starting in 2024-2025. Never thought ide see the day…

2. Default Re: CFB Playoffs

I doubt anyone actually believed it would take multiple years for this to happen.

CMD has an asset to sell now. You sign up to help us win NC. Alabama, Texas, TOSU, LSU all have the same message. The playing field isn’t level but the crown has been lowered.

Default Re: CFB Playoffs

SBC should be in play now for that 5th or 6th top auto bid for the conference champion giving the SBC at least a shot at it.
    I don't see the new BIG 12 being that great. I for sure don't see the new American Athletic being better than the new SBC. SBC champion has a legit shot at the playoff now.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    SBC should be in play now for that 5th or 6th top auto bid for the conference champion giving the SBC at least a shot at it.
    I don't see the new BIG 12 being that great. I for sure don't see the new American Athletic being better than the new SBC. SBC champion has a legit shot at the playoff now.
    Back in 2020 the pac 12 champ would have been on the outside looking in. The AAC(Cincy)and SBC(UL/Covid Car) champs would have gotten auto bids into the playoffs. I think 12 is a bit much and 8 would be great but it gives us the best shot at getting in. I think the setup isn’t very good with the NY6 bowls starting in the quarterfinals. Games should be played at higher seeded teams up until semis then have your bowl games.

5. Default Re: CFB Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Back in 2020 the pac 12 champ would have been on the outside looking in. The AAC(Cincy)and SBC(UL/Covid Car) champs would have gotten auto bids into the playoffs. I think 12 is a bit much and 8 would be great but it gives us the best shot at getting in. I think the setup isn’t very good with the NY6 bowls starting in the quarterfinals. Games should be played at higher seeded teams up until semis then have your bowl games.
    A recipe for success . . . it will never happen . . .

Will SBC take the route that other conferences seem to be going and eliminating the championship games to avoid their best team getting upset and losing that playoff spot?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Will SBC take the route that other conferences seem to be going and eliminating the championship games to avoid their best team getting upset and losing that playoff spot?
    I hope not as an extra game vs a potential ranked opponent could only help with positioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I hope not as an extra game vs a potential ranked opponent could only help with positioning.
    Maybe some years but some it may not. For example let’s say Coastal was top G5 team and then losing to Troy would allow another conference to get the higher seed.

9. Default Re: CFB Playoffs

Maybe some years but some it may not. For example let’s say Coastal was top G5 team and then losing to Troy would allow another conference to get the higher seed.
    Let's suppose that they weren't but beating Troy gets them there. It can work both ways.

No conference is getting rid of their championship game. Too much money to be made. What they’re doing is just getting rid of divisions so the top 2 play in the game which brings in more viewers and more money.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    No conference is getting rid of their championship game. Too much money to be made. What they’re doing is just getting rid of divisions so the top 2 play in the game which brings in more viewers and more money.
    Ahh ok got it. That makes more sense

This expansion is huge for us. We can now recruit to that.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    This expansion is huge for us. We can now recruit to that.
    We now have an easier path to the playoffs than a mid tier SEC or B1G. With USC/UCLA and OUUT moving about the same time, the Purdue's and MSU's will be pretty much eliminated after they're 3rd loss.

M$M mentioned that the Pac12 would have been left out if this was in place in 2020. I could foresee where the champion of a new Pac12 being ranked lower than the mountain west and SBC champion.

Iirc, it the top 6 conference champion that get the auto bid not a p5 +1

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    We now have an easier path to the playoffs than a mid tier SEC or B1G. With USC/UCLA and OUUT moving about the same time, the Purdue's and MSU's will be pretty much eliminated after they're 3rd loss.

M$M mentioned that the Pac12 would have been left out if this was in place in 2020. I could foresee where the champion of a new Pac12 being ranked lower than the mountain west and SBC champion.

Iirc, it the top 6 conference champion that get the auto bid not a p5 +1
    Correct and the Top 4 conference champions gets a bye so there will never be 2 SEC schools getting first rounds byes and Notre Dame will never get a bye.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Probably correct about keeping championship games, but Mr. Mouse has final say.

Thread Information