Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Gotta face the music

Default Gotta face the music

this baseball team just is not good enough. Cant hit bad pitching at all. Cant field to save our lives. As good as Osborne has been putting him in a hole because Porier doesnt understand ball goes in glove, you cant expect him to win a game he has no help in. Pathetic hitting demonstration today. Against a guy who has a 5+ era! We cant hit. This is Tony's problem. He needs to fix it. I remember the teams that used to just Mash. We still pitch like the Cajuns, we just dont hit like em anymore. This is not just a blip, or a bad night, this is the norm. We should all get used to this flat useless hitting because this has been or downfall. Throw everything overboard. Start looking forward to next year cause this isnt gonna change overnight. Done with Tony. If you wanna coach your little tykes do it somewhere else. Time for some fresh meat. Now that lent is coming to an end we could all use some. Boom im starting it, new baseball coach predictions? Throw money at the guy from SLU. I bet he could win here. Venting done.

Dont get me wrong. I respect Tony for what he did for our program. But there is a time to move on. What he is doing pitching wise, is working. Fielding? Hell no. Baserunning? Babs is really taking these guys to the next level. Hitting? Can we hit off a tee? How about slowpitch? His game management skills are beyond basic logic. Ive said before that maybe he is taking on purpose. Stepped back from that ledge. I think its just not in him anymore or coaches leaving have left this team with gaping holes that Tony cannot fill. Whatever it is, losing games like we are, this year is another toilet year. Time to flush.

Default Re: Gotta face the music

whose game managemwnt skills areu talking about?

Tony. Who else?

where did he mis manage a 8 run loss? Should he not have started Zack?

I wouldnt say he mismanaged anything today, he couldnt make porier field a ground ball. But he always leaves pitchers in too long. Pinch hitters when he prolly shouldnt. Questionable stuff, ya know the stuff us armchair guys really love.

well im not with u on thatmaybe leaving a pitcher in a little too long, but other than that i just dont buy it. The whole problem lies in not having enough studs on the field. alot of average talent that would be great complimentary players if they could be surrounded by someone man enough to shoulder the burrden day in and day out. Right now that guy is a freshman.need i say more?

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ well im not with u on thatmaybe leaving a pitcher in a little too long, but other than that i just dont buy it. The whole problem lies in not having enough studs on the field. alot of average talent that would be great complimentary players if they could be surrounded by someone man enough to shoulder the burrden day in and day out. Right now that guy is a freshman.need i say more? _
    Cant say I disagree with any of that. But let me ask you this? Who recruited the players?

I know there are a lot of Robe apologists and with good reason. However, he's the one that needs to be held responsible. Baseball is becoming more popular around the nation and UL is slipping further and further behind. Maybe I'm being a pessimist but I don't see things being much different next year. We live in a what have you done for me lately society and the CWS trip is ancient history.

igeaux.mobi

is it the 2 asst/recruiters or the head coach? U tell me?

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    is it the 2 asst/recruiters or the head coach? U tell me?
    Robe is the one making the money and decisions. It's his responsibility to surround himself with quality coaches. In the end he's the one to blame if the talent isn't there. It should be noted that I don't think Robe should be pushed out. I just think the administration should meet with him after this season and hopefully light a fire under his butt.

igeaux.mobi

their is a reason why we lost the players we lost and its not want everbody saying there's more to it

Quote Originally Posted by Dad2 View Post
    _ their is a reason why we lost the players we lost and its not want everbody saying there's more to it _
    . go on

There is no passion in the baseball program any longer. The crowds are dwindling and I've see more and more people saying the beer is drawing them to the park more than the product on the field.

How much longer are we going to keep giving Robichaux a pass? We have not even been a fart on the college baseball scene for years now.

This year's team isn't going anywhere and there is nothing in the pipeline that should have anyone believing that 2011 will be any different.

Ten years ago we were vying to be the state's second best program and now we are lucky if we're in the top 5.

Does the 2000 CWS give Tony the right to run the program into the ground for many years like Bobby Bowden and Phil Fulmer did to those schools programs after having success over a decade ago?

The Marlin hire has me excited for basketball, but other than his hire this has been another absolutely putrid year for cajun athletics. Is it maybe the worst?

Football no bowl and Bustle has already been given a pass for 2010 in advance because of how tough the schedule is.

Basketball horrible
    baseball horrible
    softball no longer ranked

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBoudin View Post
    _ There is no passion in the baseball program any longer. The crowds are dwindling and I've see more and more people saying the beer is drawing them to the park more than the product on the field.

How much longer are we going to keep giving Robichaux a pass? We have not even been a fart on the college baseball scene for years now.

This year's team isn't going anywhere and there is nothing in the pipeline that should have anyone believing that 2011 will be any different.

Ten years ago we were vying to be the state's second best program and now we are lucky if we're in the top 5.

Does the 2000 CWS give Tony the right to run the program into the ground for many years like Bobby Bowden and Phil Fulmer did to those schools programs after having success over a decade ago?

The Marlin hire has me excited for basketball, but other than his hire this has been another absolutely putrid year for cajun athletics. Is it maybe the worst?

Football no bowl and Bustle has already been given a pass for 2010 in advance because of how tough the schedule is.

Basketball horrible
    baseball horrible
    softball no longer ranked _
    AND on top of all that, I can't even get real nachos at UL events any more! They can keep everything Sodexo they want, just give me my nachos. I'll pay extra. They make tough losses so much more bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBoudin View Post
    _ There is no passion in the baseball program any longer. The crowds are dwindling and I've see more and more people saying the beer is drawing them to the park more than the product on the field.

Basketball horrible
    baseball horrible
    softball no longer ranked _
    I was talking about this exact same thing yesterday with my friends. I think the athletic department needs to come out and make a statement that we will not tolerate mediocrity.

They have already made the change in MBB by hiring Bob Marlin, who IMO is the best hire on paper EVER at UL.

Robicheaux should be next. He has lost his passion for coaching and reminds me a lot of Coach Stokley at this point in his career. Riding out his time until Justin graduates. He has not recruited well, we can't field the ball, we can't hit in key situations and these are the supposed strengths of Robe's style of baseball. I agree that we should go after the guy at SLU he has a passion for the game that is unmatched. He is fiery and driven much like Robe was when he first got to UL. SLU is 23-3 before last night and their largest crowd to date is 1800 folks for Jewlane. UL should look at baseball as a program not "Tony Robicheaux's baseball team" as a program we are failing and that is all that should matter. Baseball fans should be the same way. You are LOYAL to UL not a coach!

If Bustle should happen to go 6-6 or worse he needs to g as well and we should see a tremendous jump in salary just like we did for basketball.

Then move on to Error Rogers and find a new WBB coach. This would bring excitement to every athletic program at UL. While also sending a message to every school in the region that we are here to compete, not just exist as an athletics program.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information