Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread: Gotta face the music

Default Re: Gotta face the music

Quote Originally Posted by Ben7198 View Post
    _ You're exactly right. If you want daddy ball.sign up for the rec league or USSSA ball. Ever since Justin or should i say "Jut" got here, the program has gone down hill. The only reason 2007 was worth anything was because of Lucroy and Tatford. And the bad news is.there is another Robichaux on the way. _
    hey benny, your buddy lil robe has 2 clutch hits with 3 RBI's so far tonightand his daddy is still the coach

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ hey benny, your buddy lil robe has 2 clutch hits with 3 RBI's so far tonightand his daddy is still the coach _
    There is no question Justin is a D1 player and a valuable part of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    _ There is no question Justin is a D1 player and a valuable part of this team. _
    of courseas well as a leader

Anyone who's visited this board over the few years has seen some pretty dumb posts. I've had a couple of weak moments myself.

But NOTHING that I can remember at this moment is as stupid as the one below. If we voted for a "Dumb" award, this guy would be way out front. Sounds like either "Ben", or maybe his son, wasn't could enough to play, so he's gonna blame somebody else. Or maybe he just wet his bed.

-------------------

Originally Posted by Ben7198
    _ You're exactly right. If you want daddy ball.sign up for the rec league or USSSA ball. Ever since Justin or should i say "Jut" got here, the program has gone down hill. The only reason 2007 was worth anything was because of Lucroy and Tatford. And the bad news is.there is another Robichaux on the way. _

5. Default Re: Gotta face the music

Consider the nomination seconded.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ Anyone who's visited this board over the few years has seen some pretty dumb posts. I've had a couple of weak moments myself.

But NOTHING that I can remember at this moment is as stupid as the one below. If we voted for a "Dumb" award, this guy would be way out front. Sounds like either "Ben", or maybe his son, wasn't could enough to play, so he's gonna blame somebody else. Or maybe he just wet his bed.

-------------------

Originally Posted by Ben7198
    _ You're exactly right. If you want daddy ball.sign up for the rec league or USSSA ball. Ever since Justin or should i say "Jut" got here, the program has gone down hill. The only reason 2007 was worth anything was because of Lucroy and Tatford. And the bad news is.there is another Robichaux on the way. _ _

6. This is so COOL Re: Gotta face the music

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    _ Keefer is a very good player. _
    Sorry forgot about keef.

So Ben, why do they call him 'JUT'?

Well. Justin proved again tonight just how strong a player he is. He had 4 TREMENDOUS defensive plays at first and off of the mound, not to mention a couple of low throws that he scooped out of the dirt. Oh, yeah. he also closed the game out in 2 1/3 innings of brilliant relief pitching.

That ought to make you wet your bed again.

9. UL Baseball Re: Gotta face the music

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ Well. Justin proved again tonight just how strong a player he is. He had 4 TREMENDOUS defensive plays at first and off of the mound, not to mention a couple of low throws that he scooped out of the dirt. Oh, yeah. he also closed the game out in 2 1/3 innings of brilliant relief pitching.
    That was three full innings of relief . not to mention entering the game in the 7th with no outs and a runner on 3rd base . and not allowing the runner to score. Troy could not muster a measly base runner on Justin.

I think the early season injury/soreness that forced Justin out of the starting pitching rotation hurt this team more than folks realize (and to some extent Griffin being out). I believe that a healthy Justin pitching on Saturday's would have brought the Cajuns some more Saturday wins (and we would have an RPI in the 30's, low 40's). When Justin is healthy, Osborne and Robichaux are the best 1/2 punch in the Sun Belt and can hold their own against anyone. It also allows you to trot out a better pitcher on Sunday.

The Cajuns will simply need to get it done another way now . but at least the bullpen will be more solid.

Brian

10. Default Re: Gotta face the music

Q:

When Justin is playing 1st does it save any time warming up for a trip to the mound?

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    _ So Ben, why do they call him 'JUT'? _
    Pretty sure thats what the team calls him

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Q:

When Justin is playing 1st does it save any time warming up for a trip to the mound? _

I've seen Justin throwing in the bullpen when we're up to bat and he's not due up for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    _ I agree and I agree with Brian too. Keep in mind, Trahan was tending to family issues out of state MUCH of the year last year. Despite all his time away, batting now is up 0ver 50 points from 08 and up 20 points from last year.

Brooks will also be a GREAT asset to recruiting. I hope we are able to keep him somehow. LOTS of connections, especially in Florida, where we have plucked quite a few good players. I am really optimistic as to what Trahan and Badeaux could build.

No, I don't always agree with what Robe does, be we are not there everyday. From what I understand some of his decisions about who plays where and when, are made from more than just practice performance.(classes, curfews, attitude, appearance, etc.).ieT-Whip, NOBODY wanted to see that kid get away .but Robe has rules and is a stickler for them. That was detetrimental to our team, but a tough decision had to be made. Robe is not only trying to win baseball games, but he is also trying to produce/train/teach the guys to be responsible men who will contribute positively to society. That's probably why some think he's a priick. We don't see what happens day in and day out to legitamately criticize every decision. .(although, I still do, because I am as frustrated as every other fan).With that said, .500 ball every year is no good, but I do believe THE PROGRAM WILL BE BACK. _

Brooks may not have a direct impact on recruiting, or at least right now. He is still a volunteer coach and is not allowed to go on recruiting trips which means that he would be able to assist with recruits when they come in town but his impact in other states will be limited.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ Pretty sure thats what the team calls him _
    Thanks dude, I really wanted Ben7198 to answer that. Everybody ran him off the board after his first two posts and he is nowhere to be found. I kinda wanted him to come back and answer a simple little question. and THEN I could remind him how IGNORANT his first two posts were about T-Robe.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Brooks may not have a direct impact on recruiting, or at least right now. He is still a volunteer coach and is not allowed to go on recruiting trips which means that he would be able to assist with recruits when they come in town but his impact in other states will be limited. _
    Then do you agree that he COULD/WOULD have a huge impact on recruiting? I think we (RCAF) need to come up with some money for himor cut the least produtive assistant (and by no means am I calling out Bab) to make room for him. Tough call there.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread Information