Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Gotta face the music

Default Re: Gotta face the music

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    _ Trahan needs to start bringing in some better talent soon. Too bad Kevin Lovelace was too stupid to get in to school. He was supposed to swing a good bat. _
    LOVELACE, Kevin .281 / fielding 31 50 4 .953
    this at a D-2

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    _ You’re crazy!!! Why do you think most people go to the games? How much additional revenue is brought in from beer sales in baseball, basketball, and now football? Truly absurd!!! _
    I think that most people go to the games to watch the games! I guess you go to the games to drink beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiredof theBS View Post
    _I guess you go to the games to drink beer. _
    How else can a person muscle through a 5 error game? Take away beer at the Tigue and our average attendance will drop 50%.

4. Default Re: Gotta face the music

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ If we were ranked, and winning, no one would be talking about this.

Uh, we're not ranked or winning. Hence the point of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    _ Trahan needs to start bringing in some better talent soon. _
    Getting warmer. I have to believe the kids and coaches are doing their very best.

6. Default Re: Gotta face the music

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcobra View Post
    _ Uh, we're not ranked or winning. Hence the point of the thread. _
    The point is, we're all looking for something to blame not winning on, and some have decided to place importance on this situation, when there isn't any

A problem is a problem whether you're winning or losing. If we were winning, this would not even be talked about

7. This is so COOL Re: Gotta face the music

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    _ Thank you Brian for posting something that makes sense. Look at the big picture people. Smith and Whipple were big losses for us. Whipple would probably be the everyday first baseman if he was here and Smith would be in right so none of you would be complaining about Goulas. We are in the transition period between Schef's recruits and Trahan's recruits but everyone fails to see that because people think the Cajuns should be in a regional EVERY year. Give Trahan time to get his recruits in and everything will be fine.

igeaux.mobi _
    I'm with you, but I also hope its sooner than later. But time will tell. At least next years class appears to be more freshman than juco. Glad to see that, cause really none of the JUCO guys have impressed me, besides Bostick.(He can stop a ground ball)

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    _ Thank you Brian for posting something that makes sense. Look at the big picture people. Smith and Whipple were big losses for us. Whipple would probably be the everyday first baseman if he was here and Smith would be in right so none of you would be complaining about Goulas. We are in the transition period between Schef's recruits and Trahan's recruits but everyone fails to see that because people think the Cajuns should be in a regional EVERY year. Give Trahan time to get his recruits in and everything will be fine.

igeaux.mobi _
    I agree and I agree with Brian too. Keep in mind, Trahan was tending to family issues out of state MUCH of the year last year. Despite all his time away, batting now is up 0ver 50 points from 08 and up 20 points from last year.

Brooks will also be a GREAT asset to recruiting. I hope we are able to keep him somehow. LOTS of connections, especially in Florida, where we have plucked quite a few good players. I am really optimistic as to what Trahan and Badeaux could build.

No, I don't always agree with what Robe does, be we are not there everyday. From what I understand some of his decisions about who plays where and when, are made from more than just practice performance.(classes, curfews, attitude, appearance, etc.).ieT-Whip, NOBODY wanted to see that kid get away .but Robe has rules and is a stickler for them. That was detetrimental to our team, but a tough decision had to be made. Robe is not only trying to win baseball games, but he is also trying to produce/train/teach the guys to be responsible men who will contribute positively to society. That's probably why some think he's a priick. We don't see what happens day in and day out to legitamately criticize every decision. .(although, I still do, because I am as frustrated as every other fan).With that said, .500 ball every year is no good, but I do believe THE PROGRAM WILL BE BACK.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Meuawk!!! View Post
    _ I'm with you, but I also hope its sooner than later. But time will tell. At least next years class appears to be more freshman than juco. Glad to see that, cause really none of the JUCO guys have impressed me, besides Bostick.(He can stop a ground ball) _

Keefer is a very good player.

10. Default Re: Gotta face the music

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ The point is, we're all looking for something to blame not winning on, and some have decided to place importance on this situation, when there isn't any

A problem is a problem whether you're winning or losing. If we were winning, this would not even be talked about _

You're absolutely right, we would not be talking about this if we were winning. We also wouldnt be talking about the downfalls of small ball, and the positive/negative impact of selling beer at games. But the fact is we are losing. Everything is going to come into question. Would you want it any other way? Fans have a right to voice their concerns. This is why I would personally prefer my son to play elsewhere. Once less distraction. Moreover, its not like Justin Robichaux is the next Jason Heyward, and letting him go elsewhere would have been a catastrophic loss.

Im not trying to be sarcastic when I ask this because I honestly dont know the answer to this question. How heavily was justin recruited by other colleges?

_ You're absolutely right, we would not be talking about this if we were winning. We also wouldnt be talking about the downfalls of small ball, and the positive/negative impact of selling beer at games. But the fact is we are losing. Everything is going to come into question. Would you want it any other way? Fans have a right to voice their concerns. This is why I would personally prefer my son to play elsewhere. Once less distraction. Moreover, its not like Justin Robichaux is the next Jason Heyward, and letting him go elsewhere would have been a catastrophic loss.

Im not trying to be sarcastic when I ask this because I honestly dont know the answer to this question. How heavily was justin recruited by other colleges? _
    I want to warn you before the answers start coming in to your questionTheir are two things that high school kids always lie about: 1.What their SAT score was 2.How heavily they were recruited

Quote Originally Posted by Ballfan View Post
    _ I want to warn you before the answers start coming in to your questionTheir are two things that high school kids always lie about: 1.What their SAT score was 2.How heavily they were recruited _
    And what constitutes recruiting . I could start a whole new thread on this topic.

But I'll be short! I got letters from 50+ schools my entire junior year. When it came to the first day they could call I got 5 calls and not all from D1 schools. And when it came down to offers I had 2 D1 offers. But was I being recruited by 50+ schools who were writing me letters telling me they were recruiting me? That's a very tough question to answer and I believe only the player could tell you how many schools were recruiting him. I can't think of anyone else that would know that besides my family.

13. Default Re: Gotta face the music

Quote Originally Posted by BGlass29 View Post
    _ And what constitutes recruiting . I could start a whole new thread on this topic.

But I'll be short! I got letters from 50+ schools my entire junior year. When it came to the first day they could call I got 5 calls and not all from D1 schools. And when it came down to offers I had 2 D1 offers. But was I being recruited by 50+ schools who were writing me letters telling me they were recruiting me? That's a very tough question to answer and I believe only the player could tell you how many schools were recruiting him. I can't think of anyone else that would know that besides my family. _

Have you ever thought about coaching?

_ Have you ever thought about coaching? _

When I started college I wanted to be a recruiter and thought that would be a lot of fun. It's a lot tougher job than it looks like when you're 18 going through the recruiting process. Traveling from GA, FL, CA, and TX in the off season on your weekends to watch HS Amateur baseball would be very tough on a person's family life. I would love to be a pitching coach in college, but the lifestyle is not what I wanted. Not much job security and a lot of moving around.

On a side note I did coach the 7th Grade Cathedral Carmel Tigers and the kids won a Catholic school championship this year .

Geaux CCS Tigers

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information