Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Gotta face the music

1. Default Re: Gotta face the music

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ ,
    You can't always play by percentages, sometimes it takes gutsy calls to win.

ps Jay Artigues spells . . . "A gutsier Jay"

Default Re: Gotta face the music

Jay Artigues is a lot like Billy Kennedy in that he's positioned himself for a bigger job.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    _ Jay Artigues is a lot like Billy Kennedy in that he's positioned himself for a bigger job. _
    Alot like a young Robe. Who hasn't gone anywhere.

Bring back Wade

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    Bring back Wade
    Tech wouldn't mind ditching him. Not an upgrade unless you want him as an asst again.

igeaux.mobi

UL Baseball Re: Gotta face the music

You're exactly right. If you want daddy ball.sign up for the rec league or USSSA ball. Ever since Justin or should i say "Jut" got here, the program has gone down hill. The only reason 2007 was worth anything was because of Lucroy and Tatford. And the bad news is.there is another Robichaux on the way.

unless some players man up, this season will get ugly real quick.

Football is bad, and game days are a joke.
    Volleyball is a laughing stock.
    Men's BB took 3 years too long to make a change.
    Woman's BB made a turn around with this new coach, but turned in the wrong direction.

Baseball and Softball are all we have left at UL. Let's leave the coaches alone or we will have nothing. Baseball and Softball are having rough years, but Robe and the Lotiefs know what they are doing.

What we need at UL is a new head and associate head athletic director. If Robe is going anywhere it needs to be into the A.D. position.

Food at UL events that has been mentioned in several posts. I know you all are making jokes, but that is something that needs to be taken seriously. Food should be almost free until winning comes to all sports. We need to use an inexpensive family environment as a drawing card to get big crowds at the games. I know that will never happen, so I might as well go one step further -- let's take beer out of our college games. Tailgate before, or wait until after the game, but at the game where we would like to have lots of families is no place for a beer stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiredof theBS View Post
    _ let's take beer out of our college games. Tailgate before, or wait until after the game, but at the game where we would like to have lots of families is no place for a beer stand. _
    You’re crazy!!! Why do you think most people go to the games? How much additional revenue is brought in from beer sales in baseball, basketball, and now football? Truly absurd!!!

Incredible pizza, chucky cheese, the kart ranch, every fair and festival in town. I can go on and on. They all serve beer and they're all family oriented. As long as the players arent drinking it, don't mess with it.

Are you the same guy complaining about "Sky rockets in flight" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiredof theBS View Post
    _ Football is bad, and game days are a joke.
    Volleyball is a laughing stock.
    Men's BB took 3 years too long to make a change.
    Woman's BB made a turn around with this new coach, but turned in the wrong direction.

Baseball and Softball are all we have left at UL. Let's leave the coaches alone or we will have nothing. Baseball and Softball are having rough years, but Robe and the Lotiefs know what they are doing.

What we need at UL is a new head and associate head athletic director. If Robe is going anywhere it needs to be into the A.D. position.

Food at UL events that has been mentioned in several posts. I know you all are making jokes, but that is something that needs to be taken seriously. Food should be almost free until winning comes to all sports. We need to use an inexpensive family environment as a drawing card to get big crowds at the games. I know that will never happen, so I might as well go one step further -- let's take beer out of our college games. Tailgate before, or wait until after the game, but at the game where we would like to have lots of families is no place for a beer stand. _

While the football program is not necessarily where we want it to be, I think you're being a bit overly critical here but again, with your screen name, that is to be expected. I wouldn't call the football program a joke, especially considering where we started from and if you consider 6 wins a year a joke, I guess your entitled.

You also have no idea of the challenges that the administration faces in having to make significant decisions, both financially and personnel wise in this system we work within. I'm not saying they don't have their faults, but if you were to simply speak with them about questions or concerns you have in regards to decisions they've made or haven't made, I think you'd at least see that there is a certain level of logic for those decisions even though you may not agree with them. Financially, we don't have the funds or support to simply make coaching changes every year and that again is the hard reality for which we operate in.

I'm not a fan of serving beer at the games and I think there are some things that could be done to make the gameday experience a little more special while tweaking the tailgating setup but all in all, I enjoy the games and certainly don't call the experience a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ But he is not going to be let go. He took us to the World Series back in 2000 and his son is on the team. Should we let Robe stay until his son finishes? If he didn't have a son on the team would we have let him go long ago? I don't know about you but I would feel strange cutting someones dad that is on the team. We seem to end up with a lot of father son combos. Perhaps that is a selling point for us? _
    There is not a need at this time to let him go.he needs to fix the problem that has been created. If you listened to his interview this evening he is not an exscuse maker, realizes the mediocrity, and is commited to fixing it. His son finishes this year, just to let you know, and will be difficult to replace defensively, on the mound, and suprisingly at the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ There is not a need at this time to let him go.he needs to fix the problem that has been created. If you listened to his interview this evening he is not an exscuse maker, realizes the mediocrity, and is commited to fixing it. His son finishes this year, just to let you know, and will be difficult to replace defensively, on the mound, and suprisingly at the plate. _
    How long do you want to give him to fix it? 4 years? I ask because we have been the same team for 4 of the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    How long do you want to give him to fix it? 4 years? I ask because we have been the same team for 4 of the last 5 years.
    Next year

igeaux.mobi

Trahan needs to start bringing in some better talent soon. Too bad Kevin Lovelace was too stupid to get in to school. He was supposed to swing a good bat.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information