Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Gotta face the music

Default Re: Gotta face the music

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBoudin View Post
    _ There is no passion in the baseball program any longer. The crowds are dwindling and I've see more and more people saying the beer is drawing them to the park more than the product on the field.

How much longer are we going to keep giving Robichaux a pass? We have not even been a fart on the college baseball scene for years now.

This year's team isn't going anywhere and there is nothing in the pipeline that should have anyone believing that 2011 will be any different.

Ten years ago we were vying to be the state's second best program and now we are lucky if we're in the top 5.

Does the 2000 CWS give Tony the right to run the program into the ground for many years like Bobby Bowden and Phil Fulmer did to those schools programs after having success over a decade ago?

The Marlin hire has me excited for basketball, but other than his hire this has been another absolutely putrid year for cajun athletics. Is it maybe the worst?

Football no bowl and Bustle has already been given a pass for 2010 in advance because of how tough the schedule is.

Basketball horrible
    baseball horrible
    softball no longer ranked _
    You would have to be an idiot to even admit that you were drawn to the ball park for the beer. You have to be kidding. Six bucks for twenty ounces? Go to the circle K and get your beer. Think of the money you will save.

Who do you guys think we were playing last night? Do you pay attention to college baseball at all? We are not going to waltz through the Sunbelt any longer. I agree that we need to get our crap together but you guys are full of it. Who do you want to coach our team?

Quote Originally Posted by bballholic View Post
    _ I know there are a lot of Robe apologists and with good reason. However, he's the one that needs to be held responsible. Baseball is becoming more popular around the nation and UL is slipping further and further behind. Maybe I'm being a pessimist but I don't see things being much different next year. We live in a what have you done for me lately society and the CWS trip is ancient history.

igeaux.mobi _

Oh well, you always have your tigers.

Although I've been as frustrated with Coach Robe as many of you, I haven't lost confidence in him. I want. and we all need. for our program to get back on track, but I want Tony to be the one to get that done.

I would bet big money that he and his staff are smarter than all of us when it comes to baseball and that they know precisely what the problem is. that being our talent is down a bit. I would suspect that recruiting, more than anything right now, is and will be the focus going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Clampett View Post
    Who do you guys think we were playing last night? Do you pay attention to college baseball at all? We are not going to waltz through the Sunbelt any longer.
    Yeah, they were playing FIU, a middle tier Sun Belt team. This has nothing to do with "waltzing through the Sunbelt", I'd just like to see them be competitive. As of now, the Cajuns are second to last behind only UNO.

we have been saying that recruiting was the problem the last 3 to 4 years, and nothing has happened!

6. UL Baseball Re: Gotta face the music

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ Although I've been as frustrated with Coach Robe as many of you, I haven't lost confidence in him. I want. and we all need. for our program to get back on track, but I want Tony to be the one to get that done.

I would bet big money that he and his staff are smarter than all of us when it comes to baseball and that they know precisely what the problem is. that being our talent is down a bit. I would suspect that recruiting, more than anything right now, is and will be the focus going forward. _
    I echo these comments. Some of the comments on this board are utterly ridiculous and uninformed. Despite being a .500 baseball team the last two years, I will continue to contribute time, emotion, and finances to the program. I think that holds for a number of other fans as well. It may take two or three years to get back to regional play (it may not). But I have confidence that Robichaux will bring it back.

I do not agree with all of the moves Robichaux executes. But I certainly trust him and give him the benefit of the doubt. And I can assure you, nobody wants to return to the teams of 2007, 2006, 2005, 2002, 2000, and 1999 more than Robichaux.

Brian

How dare thou question the "Golden Robe"! He is untouchable, and is a lifetime coach at UL.

He brought us to the CWS a decade ago.

Come on Coach Robe, get off your arse and get some recruits in here that know how to win like the old days!!!

Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ How dare thou question the "Golden Robe"! He is untouchable, and is a lifetime coach at UL.
    I'm not sure if you were joking or not but if you weren't then you just touched on the problem. Non of us are untouchable. Neither should Cajun coaches be or feel entitled to a job just because they did something in the last 20 years. That is a very low standard.

Thank you Brian for posting something that makes sense. Look at the big picture people. Smith and Whipple were big losses for us. Whipple would probably be the everyday first baseman if he was here and Smith would be in right so none of you would be complaining about Goulas. We are in the transition period between Schef's recruits and Trahan's recruits but everyone fails to see that because people think the Cajuns should be in a regional EVERY year. Give Trahan time to get his recruits in and everything will be fine.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    _ AND on top of all that, I can't even get real nachos at UL events any more! They can keep everything Sodexo they want, just give me my nachos. I'll pay extra. They make tough losses so much more bearable. _
    So what you are saying is I could make some money selling real Nachos.

Headragincajun

_ Yeah, they were playing FIU, a middle tier Sun Belt team. This has nothing to do with "waltzing through the Sunbelt", I'd just like to see them be competitive. As of now, the Cajuns are second to last behind only UNO. _

Thats just what I figured you would sayGo root for your tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    _ I echo these comments. Some of the comments on this board are utterly ridiculous and uninformed. Despite being a .500 baseball team the last two years, I will continue to contribute time, emotion, and finances to the program. I think that holds for a number of other fans as well. It may take two or three years to get back to regional play (it may not). But I have confidence that Robichaux will bring it back.

I do not agree with all of the moves Robichaux executes. But I certainly trust him and give him the benefit of the doubt. And I can assure you, nobody wants to return to the teams of 2007, 2006, 2005, 2002, 2000, and 1999 more than Robichaux.

Brian _

I agree one hundred percent. Thanks Brian. Geeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Clampett View Post
    Thats just what I figured you would sayGo root for your tigers.
    Sorry I'm able to take off the blinders. I've been to two LSU baseball games so far this season and two UL games. My wife went to UL and we donate to the university. There are problems within UL baseball and you need to take your blinders off. I'm all for Robe staying buy he needs to right the ship sooner rather than later.

igeaux.mobi

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ Sorry I'm able to take off the blinders. I've been to two LSU baseball games so far this season and two UL games. My wife went to UL and we donate to the university. There are problems within UL baseball and you need to take your blinders off. I'm all for Robe staying buy he needs to right the ship sooner rather than later.

igeaux.mobi _
    +1

+2

Sorry I'm able to take off the blinders. I've been to two LSU baseball games so far this season and two UL games. My wife went to UL and we donate to the university. There are problems within UL baseball and you need to take your blinders off. I'm all for Robe staying buy he needs to right the ship sooner rather than later.

igeaux.mobi

igeaux.mobi

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information