Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln Pare to the transfer Protal

1. UL Football Re: Lincoln Pare to the transfer Protal

At the end of the day CMD will succeed or fail based on the quality of the players he’s able to acquire. I’m not a recruiting guru, but it’s not going to help by being critical. Perhaps in a couple of years some can come back and say I told y’all. If they’re wrong they’re never going to come back and say I was so wrong.

Default Re: Lincoln Pare to the transfer Protal

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    To be clear, I am not hung up on Pare. I think the universities and coaches created this opportunistic next big thing culture, yet the athletes are the ones that seem to get the brunt of the disdain for not being loyal enough or looking for their big break. Anyone who doesn’t want the guy because they don’t believe he’d see the field here, I’ve got no issue with that.
    Which is what I said from the beginning. His talent does not outweigh the fact of him transferring to his 3rd school, the risk isn’t worth the reward. There are players I’d take being their 3rd school, just not this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Which is what I said from the beginning. His talent does not outweigh the fact of him transferring to his 3rd school, the risk isn’t worth the reward. There are players I’d take being their 3rd school, just not this guy.
    What he said. Pare really isn't that good.

4. Default Re: Lincoln Pare to the transfer Protal

It’s basketball, but #13 from Loyola may be an example.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    Grab him
    I hope we don’t get him… he is all about him not the team… not a good culture fit… Des wants kids who want to be ragin Cajuns not just come here and leave to try to find the next best thing… this guy changes teams almost every year.He has no commitment to his university or team so no.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Pare has led both of the FBS programs he’s been a part of in rushing. I could say the same “not sure what you want the kid to do.” nonsense to you. As to what you are talking about that makes him stand out, I have no idea.
    In everyone of those years we have had at least 3 running backs that were better and better teams. So what’s your point.

“i wish less people would go in to the transfer portal”- everyone
    *** but if you go in to the transfer portal you get NIL, five page threads, every body fights over wanting you, and the players not in the portal get nothing and no press…. way to convince people not to enter portal

You guys are still arguing over whether or not we should sign a guy that was the 3rd string RB on a 4-8 team? The same guys that is transferring for the second time in two years?

The bowl game announcement can't come soon enough. At least then we can argue over if the bowl is "big time enough" for the Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    You guys are still arguing over whether or not we should sign a guy that was the 3rd string RB on a 4-8 team? The same guys that is transferring for the second time in two years?

The bowl game announcement can't come soon enough. At least then we can argue over if the bowl is "big time enough" for the Cajuns.
    Knee jerk reaction. He just ran for 200+ on us. He must be a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Knee jerk reaction. He just ran for 200+ on us. He must be a stud.
    200 yards and lost, err got creamed, jokes on him, he played right into our plan!

Nobody KNOWS CMD's feeling on the portal. He stated what he wanted to do this past year; IMO, this is fluid and will change each year, based upon needs.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Nobody KNOWS CMD's feeling on the portal. He stated what he wanted to do this past year; IMO, this is fluid and will change each year, based upon needs.
    Desormeaux said his program won’t typically be busy in the transfer portal, but could look for some offensive line depth if for no other reason than to make sure there are enough linemen for an effective spring season.

“We’re not in panic mode,” he insisted. “We’re not going through the portal every day to see who hits. That’s not the way we’re going to do it.

“We’ll be ready to go. We’ve got plenty on this roster to go out there and do what we want to do.”

Above doesn't sound very fluid to me, but we shall see.

a classic of coach changing view on portal….

Then:
    I think if I'd come home and told my dad that I was going to quit the team, I think he'd have kicked me out of the house," Saban Said.

2016: https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...icle-1.2813094

2022: https://nypost.com/2022/01/10/nick-s...labama-on-top/

14. Default Re: Lincoln Pare to the transfer Protal

Self explanatory on Saban's part, "adapt to whatever the circumstance and whatever the situation that we have"

Don't lock yourself in seems prudent.

15. Default Re: Lincoln Pare to the transfer Protal

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Self explanatory on Saban's part, "adapt to whatever the circumstance and whatever the situation that we have"

Don't lock yourself in seems prudent.
    Wait, our Saban disciple has left the house.

He is over there in Florida struggling . . .

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information