Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln Pare to the transfer Protal

Default Re: Lincoln Pare to the transfer Protal

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Desormeaux said his program won’t typically be busy in the transfer portal, but could look for some offensive line depth if for no other reason than to make sure there are enough linemen for an effective spring season.

“We’re not in panic mode,” he insisted. “We’re not going through the portal every day to see who hits. That’s not the way we’re going to do it.

“We’ll be ready to go. We’ve got plenty on this roster to go out there and do what we want to do.”

Above doesn't sound very fluid to me, but we shall see.
    Well, you are referring to comments he made regarding this season.

He won't know about next season until after signing day and whatever may happen with current players. I am sure (IMO) they follow the portal in case there is a need.

I'm not trying to argue; this portal stuff is still new and things change.

2. Default Re: Lincoln Pare to the transfer Protal

Look, I brought this up, but I was not bringing it up to say we need to go get him. I was bringing it up because it came across my twitter feed and he was fresh in our minds because his coach was just let go and we had just played them.

I personally do not think he would be a good fit for the Cajuns, but I am not Coach Dez, that would be his decision. I think that Pare will end up somewhere, either another G5 program or possibly a FCS team.

He is a talented running back that I am sure people will be interested in. He is a threat running the ball and catching the ball out of the backfield and runs hard. Is he a great G5 back, no, is he a quality depth for someone that needs RB depth, absolutely.

I also posted it because I found it interesting that he will be on his 3rd team in 4 years. He actually played 2 years at stAte and 1 and Texas State. The 2020 season does not count against him, due to the Covid year. So he has 2 more years of eligibility.

I hope the best for this kid, he has worked hard to get where he has gotten to as a 2 star with only 1 FBS offer out of HS. He had a number of FCS offers. I did not mean to start and argument about whether we should sign him, I was just mentioning this for us to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    “i wish less people would go in to the transfer portal”- everyone
    *** but if you go in to the transfer portal you get NIL, five page threads, every body fights over wanting you, and the players not in the portal get nothing and no press…. way to convince people not to enter portal
    There were more athletes left in the portal, than those finding new programs. It's not the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow as many people believe it to be. Too many athletes receive poor advice and pressure to leave their current programs.

4. Default Re: Lincoln Pare to the transfer Protal

Des has been crucified here in the blind for not using the portal last year. Hindsight may show that it was unnecessary and inappropriate . . .

5. Default Re: Lincoln Pare to the transfer Protal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Des has been crucified here in the blind for not using the portal last year. Hindsight may show that it was unnecessary and inappropriate . . .
    All in or all out (dogmatically) on any single legal method has been proven to be inappropriate.

6. Default Re: Lincoln Pare to the transfer Protal

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    All in or all out (dogmatically) on any single legal method has been proven to be inappropriate.
    Have no clue what this says or means. Give it another try . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Have no clue what this says or means. Give it another try . . .
    Turbine means that you should not rely strictly on HS, JUCO, or portal to build your team nor should you make a point to not use any particular one of them. All options should be considered.

8. Default Re: Lincoln Pare to the transfer Protal

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Turbine means that you should not rely strictly on HS, JUCO, or portal to build your team nor should you make a point to not use any particular one of them. All options should be considered.
    English is so much better . . .

9. Default Re: Lincoln Pare to the transfer Protal

We already have a good crop of excellent running backs. What we need is some tough OL to block for them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    We already have a good crop of excellent running backs. What we need is some tough OL to block for them!!
    This right here!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    yes

Sure, come and play in front of our second last in league attendance crowd...yea that works with all those transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Self explanatory on Saban's part, "adapt to whatever the circumstance and whatever the situation that we have"

Don't lock yourself in seems prudent.
    Saban can afford to adapt by paying top NIL money. We are not bidding for top OL or DL linemen with $17K in NIL money. We might get a project or depth but it's simply not living in reality to think that is a position we can go after in the portal.

Now athletes like CB Martin, WR Jefferson or RB Kibodi are more in line with the NIL we can pay.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Saban can afford to adapt by paying top NIL money. We are not bidding for top OL or DL linemen with $17K in NIL money. We might get a project or depth but it's simply not living in reality to think that is a position we can go after in the portal.

Now athletes like CB Martin, WR Jefferson or RB Kibodi are more in line with the NIL we can pay.
    T,

I’ve seen you mention $17k numerous times. Are scholarship football players at UL getting $17k?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    T,

I’ve seen you mention $17k numerous times. Are scholarship football players at UL getting $17k?
    I was told the top NIL deals at UL average around $17K, that is not including the stipend. I'm not certain all are getting paid that kind of money. But keep in mind, we are talking about getting athletes from the portal, so we better at least pay that kind of money. TCU is paying our former RB $35K. That's double what we have at UL.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information