Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln Pare to the transfer Protal

Default Re: Lincoln Pare to the transfer Protal

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    So the answer to the question I asked was “no.”
    It’s kinda weird how hard you are for this guy, any particular reason? Besides him being very average on a bad team and transferring to his 3rd team as a sophomore what is it that you see? Everyone has said why we shouldn’t and the only reason you have given is something about CMD’s attitude toward the portal

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    It’s kinda weird how hard you are for this guy, any particular reason? Besides him being very average on a bad team and transferring to his 3rd team as a sophomore what is it that you see? Everyone has said why we shouldn’t and the only reason you have given is something about CMD’s attitude toward the portal
    I have said numerous times it has nothing to do with this particular guy. Jacob said something to the extent of “this is the exact type of guy CMD won’t go after.” Ya know…brining up Des’ attitude toward guys in the portal. I don’t like Des’ mentality on the portal. I’m not sure why someone having an opinion that doesn’t match yours makes you so upset.

If the guy doesn’t have the talent, sure. Pass. But if it’s just because the guy has other stops or is coming from an unsuccessful program? I don’t think that should count a guy out. That’s just one person’s opinion though.

It’s ok though. Des can keep being selective and bringing in the “right type of guys” like Ohonba who fit the culture but couldn’t see the field on our worst offensive line in a decade.

I have said numerous times it has nothing to do with this particular guy. Jacob said something to the extent of “this is the exact type of guy CMD won’t go after.” Ya know…brining up Des’ attitude toward guys in the portal. I don’t like Des’ mentality on the portal. I’m not sure why someone having an opinion that doesn’t match yours makes you so upset.

If the guy doesn’t have the talent, sure. Pass. But if it’s just because the guy has other stops or is coming from an unsuccessful program? I don’t think that should count a guy out. That’s just one person’s opinion though.
    Maybe you forgot that you originally responded to me. I didn’t say anything about mikes view towards the portal. However, after our run in this conference and particularly the west, I would hope we are beyond taking 2 west teams leftovers, a backup player at that. If we go take somebody’s starter, okay I can listen to that. This guy isn’t worth a scholarship on our roster..which has absolutely nothing to do with How mike feels about the portal. He was Mr football in Tennessee at 6A which garnered him exactly one FBS offer…stAte.

Well my comment had nothing to do with the program success he comes from. If we did need a RB I’m sure Dez could talk to him and get his story on his travels. In my opinion which I already stated. Most of these situations aren’t good locker rooms guys. Why take a chance on a guy we don’t need.

What makes this kid undesirable in your eyes?
    He would at best here be behind Williams, Washington and perry. And probably the true freshman next year the Elijah kid from riverside. Do you really think he’d be happy here?

I also have no problem with a coach that wants to fill roster spots left by tranfers with more high school players. That’s how you build a program, not a team.

It’s ok though. Des can keep being selective and bringing in the “right type of guys” like Ohonba who fit the culture but couldn’t see the field on our worst offensive line in a decade.
    Ah ok, so bring a guy in off a 4-8 team in the SBC that didn’t see the field until the end of October and only because of injuries. Not quite the same as bringing in an O line who was a backup on a 11-2 Big ten team, but maybe I’m looking at that wrong

Ah ok, so bring a guy in off a 4-8 team in the SBC that didn’t see the field until the end of October and only because of injuries. Not quite the same as bringing in an O line who was a backup on a 11-2 Big ten team, but maybe I’m looking at that wrong
    Obviously you aren’t the only who looked at Ohonba wrong…

Maybe you forgot that you originally responded to me. I didn’t say anything about mikes view towards the portal. However, after our run in this conference and particularly the west, I would hope we are beyond taking 2 west teams leftovers, a backup player at that. If we go take somebody’s starter, okay I can listen to that. This guy isn’t worth a scholarship on our roster..which has absolutely nothing to do with How mike feels about the portal. He was Mr football in Tennessee at 6A which garnered him exactly one FBS offer…stAte.
    We’ve got no less than 5 commits right now with no other FBS or offers from only extremely unsuccessful G5 programs. Not good enough for crazycajun but good enough for CMD.

Obviously you aren’t the only who looked at Ohonba wrong…
    First off, he played in 11 games this season. Secondly, he has another year. Thirdly we have an alumnus and former coach on the Michigan state staff that are both highly respected here, so they didn’t just grab some random guy out of nowhere. He also moved From guard to tackle after mcgowen injury due to lack of depth. Not sure what you want the kid to do.

We’ve got no less than 5 commits right now with no other FBS or offers from only extremely unsuccessful G5 programs. Not good enough for crazycajun but good enough for CMD.
    And some of them will work out and some will transfer and bounce around and never really do anything..like this guy. There is only one thing that stands out about this guy besides moving to a third school…and it’s not his stats. I sure hope that’s not why you are so stuck on him.

And some of them will work out and some will transfer and bounce around and never really do anything..like this guy. There is only one thing that stands out about this guy besides moving to a third school…and it’s not his stats. I sure hope that’s not why you are so stuck on him.
    Pare has led both of the FBS programs he’s been a part of in rushing. I could say the same “not sure what you want the kid to do.” nonsense to you. As to what you are talking about that makes him stand out, I have no idea.

Pare has led both of the FBS programs he’s been a part of in rushing. I could say the same “not sure what you want the kid to do.” nonsense to you. As to what you are talking about that makes him stand out, I have no idea.
    Go anywhere but here, that’s all. He led Arkansas state with less than 500 yards.

Go anywhere but here, that’s all
    To be clear, I am not hung up on Pare. I think the universities and coaches created this opportunistic next big thing culture, yet the athletes are the ones that seem to get the brunt of the disdain for not being loyal enough or looking for their big break. Anyone who doesn’t want the guy because they don’t believe he’d see the field here, I’ve got no issue with that.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information