Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Lincoln Pare to the transfer Protal

Default Re: Lincoln Pare to the transfer Protal

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    If Des’ mindset on the portal doesn’t evolve, his tenure will be mired in mediocrity and interest in this program will remain low. This ain’t about one kid.
    In this instance it is, we don’t want or need this one kid. I have no problem bringing in portal guys but this guy ain’t it. Not sure why not wanting/getting this guy translates into CMD’s Mindset on the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    In this instance it is, we don’t want or need this one kid. I have no problem bringing in portal guys but this guy ain’t it. Not sure why not wanting/getting this guy translates into CMD’s Mindset on the portal.
    What makes this kid undesirable in your eyes?

What makes this kid undesirable in your eyes?
    He is transferring to his 3rd school and Is a sophomore for starters. I wasn’t that impressed with him, he broke 2 really long runs that was more our lack of execution then what he did. Without the 2 games against us his career stats are pretty terrible.

He is transferring to his 3rd school and Is a sophomore for starters. I wasn’t that impressed with him, he broke 2 really long runs that was more our lack of execution then what he did. Without the 2 games against us his career stats are pretty terrible.
    To your point about me addressing Des’ mindset, I was responding to Jacob’s comment about this being the exact type of guy he isn’t looking for. I agree with him that it probably isn’t. I simply think that logic outdated and isn’t gonna get us far in the current game, Lincoln Pare aside.

Oh and on this being his 3rd school, I bet a lot of kids would transfer if they wound up in the types of situations he was in.

To your point about me addressing Des’ mindset, I was responding to Jacob’s comment about this being the exact type of guy he isn’t looking for. I agree with him that it probably isn’t. I simply think that logic outdated and isn’t gonna get us far in the current game, Lincoln Pare aside.

Oh and on this being his 3rd school, I bet a lot of kids would transfer if they wound up in the types of situations he was in.
    And he transfers here and finds himself “in another situation” he doesn’t like. If we gonna take a chance, we gotta take a chance on someone worth it, he isn’t

And he transfers here and finds himself “in another situation” he doesn’t like
    You think we’ll be switching coaches next year?

Can he play OL?

You think we’ll be switching coaches next year?
    He is sophomore looking to go to his 3rd school..,he isn’t very good, you realize he can’t run against us if he is here right? He only played in 5 games for Texas state AFTER all the RB’s ahead of him got hurt. Take out 2 long runs against us and barely averages 3 yards a carry

9. Default Re: Lincoln Pare to the transfer Protal

He is sophomore looking to go to his 3rd school..,he isn’t very good, you realize he can’t run against us if he is here right? He only played in 5 games for Texas state AFTER all the RB’s ahead of him got hurt. Take out 2 long runs against us and barely averages 3 yards a carry
    That is pretty much Pare(ing) it down . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Just because he broke a couple long runs on us doesn’t make him a need to have running back. The kids going to go to his 3rd D1 school in 3 years. My interest level is low.
    I’d put a bet on UIW…

6-6 year in and year out, but at least we’ll have our pride! /facepalm
    Which will be fine with Martin Hall, even with 7k crowds and getting in free at all female sports except softball.

And if chris smith moves on this guy doesn’t have the skill set to replace him.

Again: I’m not concerned about Pare specifically. I’m concerned about this “holier than thou” mentality about portal guys we have.

Again: I’m not concerned about Pare specifically. I’m concerned about this “holier than thou” mentality about portal guys we have.
    And I said no bc I don’t think the guy is good and you start talking about 6-6.,,,you want to go 6-6? Start getting guys like this In the portal, you
    Going to see a lot of 6-6 or worse. He would be coming from 2 losing programs

We have several RBs on the current roster that are better than Pare.

Maybe this kids not a good example. But a sophomore going on his 3rd school raises a red flag in my mind. A lot of the reasons kids enter the portal is because they’re on the bench they don’t think they should be on and either don’t want to work while they wait or think they can play somewhere else.

And if only 1 team comes after said player in the portal and says you’ll play for us, his little ego will be all better.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information