Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Podcast GSS: The Return of Jay Walker (11-29-22)

Tickets Podcast GSS: The Return of Jay Walker (11-29-22)

Jay Walker and Scott were back in studio together for the first time in a month, dissecting UL's potential Bowl games/matchups, the CFB Playoff debate, UL hoops, World Cup, Team USA, the legend of Andres Cantor & Paul Guidroz, and more.

Default Re: Podcast GSS: The Return of Jay Walker (11-29-22)

Indy Bowl Bound !

If I click this and there is mention of terrible tune Tuesday……

4. Default Re: Podcast GSS: The Return of Jay Walker (11-29-22)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    If I click this and there is mention of terrible tune Tuesday……
    They had that incredibly bad segment

I only like Jay Walkers voice if he’s calling a game. Other than that he comes off as a total bag. Won’t listen.

Where has he been?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    I only like Jay Walkers voice if he’s calling a game. Other than that he comes off as a total bag. Won’t listen.
    I also preferred when he called games by himself. I always respected him for that and thought it was an overall better event. I could see many reasons why folks would want a partner, but I was always curious what his preference was? I assume Vin Scully was one of his idols and he seemed to lead the way with the solo effort.

8. Default Re: Podcast GSS: The Return of Jay Walker (11-29-22)

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Where has he been?
    Ever since Kyle started a thread on RaginPagin about his phone call to Jay on the Great Scott Show, Jay hasn't posted on RP.

During the Great Scott Show, Jay seemed perplexed that Scott let Kyle get through and Scott gave him a reason, that Jay seemed to interpret as an excuse.

Jay had not returned to the GSS from then till now.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Ever since Kyle started a thread on RaginPagin about his phone call to Jay on the Great Scott Show, Jay hasn't posted on RP.

During the Great Scott Show, Jay seemed perplexed that Scott let Kyle get through and Scott gave him a reason, that Jay seemed to interpret as an excuse.

Jay had not returned to the GSS from then till now.
    I think the reason Jay was not on with Scott was more of the broadcast responsibilities and Scott himself being away for a short while. For example, last Tuesday Jay was in Dallas preparing to call the basketball game against SMU. Earlier in the month he called a basketball game on Monday and a football game on Thursday. I imagine some prep time was involved there. I don't think there was any rift between the two whatsoever. It was just schedules did not line up.

10. Default Re: Podcast GSS: The Return of Jay Walker (11-29-22)

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I think the reason Jay was not on with Scott was more of the broadcast responsibilities and Scott himself being away for a short while. For example, last Tuesday Jay was in Dallas preparing to call the basketball game against SMU. Earlier in the month he called a basketball game on Monday and a football game on Thursday. I imagine some prep time was involved there. I don't think there was any rift between the two whatsoever. It was just schedules did not line up.
    I hope you are right. When Jay asked Scott why he let Kyle through, Scott fumbled a bit as if the had an agreement.

I hope I misinterpreted

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I hope you are right. When Jay asked Scott why he let Kyle through, Scott fumbled a bit as if the had an agreement.

I hope I misinterpreted
    Scott was also out of town one of the Tuesdays and was sick one additional one as well. I promise you there is no riff between Scott and Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Scott was also out of town one of the Tuesdays and was sick one additional one as well. I promise you there is no riff between Scott and Jay.
    There is a riff between Jay and RP though due to that day though. Come back Jay.

13. Default Re: Podcast GSS: The Return of Jay Walker (11-29-22)

Ironically both Jay and BWK have been quite for a while now, maybe they are the same people.........Conspiracy, I think not.....

Clearly before you guys go crazy, I have met both of them, I know they are not the same person, but while we accuse many on this board of having double handles, why could Jay and Kyle not be the same person.

Only bad things can happen when play by play guys speak off the cuff about anything off the field of play. IMHO, the best ones are masterful picture painters like Scully or exciteable homers like Munson.

What they had in common is that they seemed to always echo what the fan is thinking, and they never said anything to alienate themselves from the fans on the other end of the radio.

Jay sure has been active on the belt board. It’s nice being a faceless buffoon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information