Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: THEO Akwuba (an OLE MISS miss)

Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    We have a chance to meet all of our goals and wants and to prove the world wrong.

1. Force Marlin to hire BBoyd (The Little Fish) as a condition to finishing out his career here.

2. Get BBoyd out recruiting and force him to show Louisiana that he can recruit as a condition of receiving his proposed job of Head Coach in waiting.

3. Let’s see if the Little Fish can get fans into the dome for Louisiana basketball like he did for high school basketball.

If successful, it will show that retaining the Big Fish was the right move and that hiring a Little Fish without college experience other then here can work.
    You don't Force a coach to hire certain people. As critical as I've been of Marlin that would just be unprofessional to him and send the wrong message. Brad has never coached at the collegiate level. It's not like he has a certain track record of success to where an AD would stake their reputation on forcing a tenured coach to hire him. That's just ludicrous.

2. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Sounds great and all but Brad will never work under Bobby.
    Never is a long time. This could be a short time and an end all be all to his life goal.

Sometimes there is a necessary pain to realizing your end goals . . .

Flexibility is a virtue . . .

3. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    You don't Force a coach to hire certain people. As critical as I've been of Marlin that would just be unprofessional to him and send the wrong message. Brad has never coached at the collegiate level. It's not like he has a certain track record of success to where an AD would stake their reputation on forcing a tenured coach to hire him. That's just ludicrous.
    No more ludicrous than extending the Big Fish, and we did that and may do it again . . .

4. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

No more ludicrous than extending the Big Fish, and we did that and may do it again . . .
    Compelling

Y’all, his brand is too big for us. He ain’t leaving westgate for anything less than Duke or North Carolina.

Brad has the local connections. He puts on camps that attract coaches and players from the region. Who know who else had a similar background? Our women's basketball coach. Who knows what his connections in his camps were able to do? Create a relationship with people like Kim Mulkey which allowed us to have the Tigers come to the Cajundome for a home game. I'd say that's a nice caviat.

RELATIONSHIPS MATTER. Brad has those. If he can get into the collegiate level of coaching, learn the basics and use those connections to recruit solid talent; the sky is the limit for his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Brand Brad is the real deal.

If it were not he would have been hired by Marlin a decade ago.
    Then why did he turn down offers at Louisiana Tech and Texas State?

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Y'all do know this is rebel, right?
    No, it can't be....

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Y'all do know this is rebel, right?
    You're BS ing me...

10. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Y’all, his brand is too big for us. He ain’t leaving westgate for anything less than Duke or North Carolina.
    Pride will get in the way of him ever coming to Louisiana.

Never is a long time. This could be a short time and an end all be all to his life goal.

Sometimes there is a necessary pain to realizing your end goals . . .

Flexibility is a virtue . . .
    Never

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I don't know about that. Afterall, our coach did compare us to North Carolina recently; so maybe Brad might see the similarities there.

My goodness, I need more popcorn…

14. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I don't know about that. Afterall, our coach did compare us to North Carolina recently; so maybe Brad might see the similarities there.
    I was waiting for someone else to say this. Glad I didn't have to.

UL Basketball Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I’m all for BB one day being coach. But if he is serious about that opportunity he needs to get into the college game. I can’t see any AD hiring a local high school coach for a head job.
    Samford did it…

“BUCKY BALL”

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information