Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: THEO Akwuba (an OLE MISS miss)

1. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

I’m all in for Brad. Get college experience wherever possible. Get time here, or reverse it. Then is the time for a fair evaluation. THIS is the job he wants. Hopefully it happens.

Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    James, is that you?
    LOL! I can bust your balls and still agree with you from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Do Starks and Boyd know each other? Come on now.
    obviously i mean as colleagues, i.e. working together…. Starks is older than him, i wouldnt automatically assume they “know” each other well.

4. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    LOL! I can bust your balls and still agree with you from time to time
    I don’t recall you ever busting me in the balls but welcome the agreement. A blind hog finds an acorn every now and then . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I’m all for BB one day being coach. But if he is serious about that opportunity he needs to get into the college game. I can’t see any AD hiring a local high school coach for a head job.
    No way Maggard would ever hire a coach with no D1 college head coaching experience to be a head coach for us.

6. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    No way Maggard would ever hire a coach with no D1 college head coaching experience to be a head coach for us.
    He already has.

7. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Multiple times multiple sports

He hired Glasco and Billy.

I think you meant to say someone without any college experience whatsoever would not be considered for a head coach role in that post. Assistants we bring on board generally have some college experience. That can be as an assistant at another school, a graduate assistant, video coordinator, Director of Operations, or assistant (flunky) to the head coach. The last guy we brought in is Casey Perrin. He spent the last five years working for Chris Beard in a variety of roles at Texas Tech and Texas. Some schools do bring on folks from the HS ranks to their staffs. We generally have not done that here. Does not mean it won't be considered in the future.

lol, Turbine, like you said, never say never!!!

UL Basketball Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I think you meant to say someone without any college experience whatsoever would not be considered for a head coach role in that post. Assistants we bring on board generally have some college experience. That can be as an assistant at another school, a graduate assistant, video coordinator, Director of Operations, or assistant (flunky) to the head coach. The last guy we brought in is Casey Perrin. He spent the last five years working for Chris Beard in a variety of roles at Texas Tech and Texas. Some schools do bring on folks from the HS ranks to their staffs. We generally have not done that here. Does not mean it won't be considered in the future.
    Mike, you of all people should know, I Coached 2 years as an asst for Rob Lee, I ran practices and have in game adjustments as well as the break down of films. I have the experience. Just need the opportunity to get more…

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    Mike, you of all people should know, I Coached 2 years as an asst for Rob Lee, I ran practices and have in game adjustments as well as the break down of films. I have the experience. Just need the opportunity to get more…
    My comment was not meant to indicate you don't have qualifications. Just meant to communicate the general policy here.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Y’all, his brand is too big for us. He ain’t leaving westgate for anything less than Duke or North Carolina.
    Hyperbole much?

Hey BBoyd, are there any highlight videos online from your STM days? You and Brandon were fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Hey BBoyd, are there any highlight videos online from your STM days? You and Brandon were fun to watch.
    Please no! I still have nightmares after playing them only once in our high school summer league my freshman year.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information