Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: THEO Akwuba (an OLE MISS miss)

1. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    Samford did it…

“BUCKY BALL”
    BUCKY BALLs, the rule-breakers of chemistry, and coaching hires.

Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Brad has the local connections. He puts on camps that attract coaches and players from the region. Who know who else had a similar background? Our women's basketball coach. Who knows what his connections in his camps were able to do? Create a relationship with people like Kim Mulkey which allowed us to have the Tigers come to the Cajundome for a home game. I'd say that's a nice caviat.

RELATIONSHIPS MATTER. Brad has those. If he can get into the collegiate level of coaching, learn the basics and use those connections to recruit solid talent; the sky is the limit for his career.
    You def get it…

Relationships are key. Also relatability is huge. Respect first is given, then received… #GeauxCajuns

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    BUCKY BALLs, the rule-breakers of chemistry, and coaching hires.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

4. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    We have a chance to meet all of our goals and wants and to prove the world wrong.

1. Force Marlin to hire BBoyd (The Little Fish) as a condition to finishing out his career here.

2. Get BBoyd out recruiting and force him to show Louisiana that he can recruit as a condition of receiving his proposed job of Head Coach in waiting.

3. Let’s see if the Little Fish can get fans into the dome for Louisiana basketball like he did for high school basketball.

If successful, it will show that retaining the Big Fish was the right move and that hiring a Little Fish without college experience other then here can work.
    A sound path forward for the circumstances . . . Never say Never . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    We have a chance to meet all of our goals and wants and to prove the world wrong.

1. Force Marlin to hire BBoyd (The Little Fish) as a condition to finishing out his career here.

2. Get BBoyd out recruiting and force him to show Louisiana that he can recruit as a condition of receiving his proposed job of Head Coach in waiting.

3. Let’s see if the Little Fish can get fans into the dome for Louisiana basketball like he did for high school basketball.

If successful, it will show that retaining the Big Fish was the right move and that hiring a Little Fish without college experience other then here can work.
    I like it. Probably never happen, but I like the idea.

The basketball program is in desperate need of buzz and Marlin brings NONE. I've casually suggested a Byron Starks HC/Brad Boyd AC combo to friends. My most exciting memories of UL basketball were the possibility of Dwayne Mitchell and others on that squad making Sportscenter Top 10. Of course, I want March Madness appearances but exciting basketball would help bring that buzz back to the Cajundome.

7. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    James, is that you?

It will not happen as long as Marlin is at UL.

9. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Well I hope that is not our recipe for success, Samford had a home loss to Non D-1 Tennessee Southern the other night. Tennessee Southern is a member of NAIA.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    The basketball program is in desperate need of buzz and Marlin brings NONE. I've casually suggested a Byron Starks HC/Brad Boyd AC combo to friends. My most exciting memories of UL basketball were the possibility of Dwayne Mitchell and others on that squad making Sportscenter Top 10. Of course, I want March Madness appearances but exciting basketball would help bring that buzz back to the Cajundome.
    do they know each other?

1. i doubt anyone would want name little fish
    2. seems he can recruit, AAU and camps seems like recruiting imho
    3. all up to #3

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    You def get it…

Relationships are key. Also relatability is huge. Respect first is given, then received… #GeauxCajuns
    Thanks for the insight. Do you see a problem with some coaches, holding back instruction in order to sell camp attendance? Seems all players should be taught as much as possible by each coach, rather than having to wait until camp to learn certain lessons.., however, getting different viewpoints (and some coaches are better than others) so i see camps still being needed. Not a new question and not unique to sports, i remember accounting professors holding back and saying ill cover that in the cpa review course (which required an extra fee). ….. kind of resembles the travel baseball/softball situation.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    do they know each other?
    Do Starks and Boyd know each other? Come on now.

14. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    1. i doubt anyone would want name little fish
    2. seems he can recruit, AAU and camps seems like recruiting imho
    3. all up to #3
    I doubt that BB would care one bit about what he is called if he got his shot here. That is about the weakest comment on RP in a while . . .

I'd fully support Brad coaching here (I might come coach with him, haha). However, some things need to happen. College coaching experience is a must.

If Brad needs any motivation to get on to Marlin's staff, think about this:

Mike Des:
    - Hired at the end of Hud's coaching tenure
    - Stays around with new staff because he is a good recruiter and representative of the university
    - Excels under new coach (Napier) who achieves unprecedented success
    - Becomes coach when Napier leaves for bigger job four years later.

BBOYD:
    - Hired at the end of Marlin's coaching tenure
    - Stays around with new staff because he is a good recruiter and representative of the university
    - Excels under new coach (TBD) who achieves unprecedented success
    - Becomes coach when Coach TBD leaves for bigger job four years later.

See, then we have 2 homegrown success stories.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information