Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: THEO Akwuba (an OLE MISS miss)

Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    He may not have the resume yet- but I honestly think BBOYD would kill it as our head coach if given the opportunity
    Nah, his brands too big for us.

2. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    I agree they are supposed, but where is the proof of whether they did or didnt. Will it be a violation if they dont? Or if someone pays the tax for them. By the time IRS catches up with them will be long gone, and ncaa wont be able to keep up. NCAA cant even track practice time limits or audit walkon accounts.(most violations seem to be “self reported”)
    Teams self report, but the NCAA suggest they look into it. Self report and suggesting appropriate punishment.

Turbine had a fit when UL offered way stronger penalties than others were getting.

3. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

People want a young up and comer. BBoyd could be one of the best examples. He will eventually do it somewhere, why not here . . . from a fan perspective, we probably can’t go any lower . . .

4. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Teams self report, but the NCAA suggest they look into it. Self report and suggesting appropriate punishment.

Turbine had a fit when UL offered way stronger penalties than others were getting.
    The courts established NIL. NCAA was basically told you are out of this. NIL is between the athlete and the supporter.

I’m all for BB one day being coach. But if he is serious about that opportunity he needs to get into the college game. I can’t see any AD hiring a local high school coach for a head job.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The courts established NIL. NCAA was basically told you are out of this. NIL is between the athlete and the supporter.
    there has to be some business aspect, either the n, the i or the l, has to occur. if a booster still pays for a dinner or mom’s house, that nobody knows about, for example, should still be a violation. Thats why i dont think these co-ops should be legal, what is the athlete marketing in exchange for the $

seems kind of strange to have an article about a school hiring an assistant coach…. Cant say i ever saw that before… We go on and on about not enough cajuns coverage (or not quality enough) yet the media has room for this? Just seems odd. (also didnt mention if he will also teach/work at the school during the school day and didnt mention if he has a degree from UL)

https://www.thedailyiberian.com/spor...ed961a03c.html

seems kind of strange to have an article about a school hiring an assistant coach…. Cant say i ever saw that before… We go on and on about not enough cajuns coverage (or not quality enough) yet the media has room for this? Just seems odd. (also didnt mention if he will also teach/work at the school during the school day and didnt mention if he has a degree from UL)

It’s da berry…

9. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Brand Brad is the real deal.

If it were not he would have been hired by Marlin a decade ago.

Please. Go. Away...stop with your everything is a conspiracy BS....

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    checks notes: a. im not pro or con brad, b. show me another article about a hs assistant coach hiring c. were all 5 w’s met in the article or not d. no mention of conspiracy or a proposed theory

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Y'all do know this is rebel, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Y'all do know this is rebel, right?
    Had I been alive I would have leaned towards favoring the Union

14. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

We have a chance to meet all of our goals and wants and to prove the world wrong.

1. Force Marlin to hire BBoyd (The Little Fish) as a condition to finishing out his career here.

2. Get BBoyd out recruiting and force him to show Louisiana that he can recruit as a condition of receiving his proposed job of Head Coach in waiting.

3. Let’s see if the Little Fish can get fans into the dome for Louisiana basketball like he did for high school basketball.

If successful, it will show that retaining the Big Fish was the right move and that hiring a Little Fish without college experience other then here can work.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    We have a chance to meet all of our goals and wants and to prove the world wrong.

1. Force Marlin to hire BBoyd (The Little Fish) as a condition to finishing out his career here.

2. Get BBoyd out recruiting and force him to show Louisiana that he can recruit as a condition of receiving his proposed job of Head Coach in waiting.

3. Let’s see if the Little Fish can get fans into the dome for Louisiana basketball like he did for high school basketball.

If successful, it will show that retaining the Big Fish was the right move and that hiring a Little Fish without college experience other then here can work.
    Sounds great and all but Brad will never work under Bobby.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information