Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: End of season coaching changes

Default Re: End of season coaching changes

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Deion Sanders new coach at Colorado

https://cubuffs.com/news/2022/12/3/d...-colorado.aspx

I guess we can relate to the Jackson State fans.
    Sanders just gave every non HBCU ammunition. He preached all about HBCU history and their importance. But when the right color, green, entered the picture, he gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Sanders just gave every non HBCU ammunition. He preached all about HBCU history and their importance. But when the right color, green, entered the picture, he gone.
    I said something to that affect earlier. This new woke movement will be all of Deion for this. He should be called an uncle Tom any minute now…..

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I said something to that affect earlier. This new woke movement will be all of Deion for this. He should be called an uncle Tom any minute now…..
    How many players will follow Sanders? I bet at least 7 or 8.

I’ve always wondered why the HBCUs have historically, been unable to recruit, top-notch talent.

Deion Sanders comes along and changes that scenario. Talks about the importance of HBCUs. Had the chance to make them relevant.

But now we learn, it wasn’t about the HBCUs, and how Dion sanders could help elevate them

It’s all about “prime time” and “neon”.

Yeah, I think we should really be able to empathize with the folks over at Jackson State.

And yeah, I think he has left a situation where life is gonna be miserable for Jackson State football for a couple of years

5. Default Re: End of season coaching changes

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    I’ve always wondered why the HBCUs have historically, been unable to recruit, top-notch talent.

Deion Sanders comes along and changes that scenario. Talks about the importance of HBCUs. Had the chance to make them relevant.

But now we learn, it wasn’t about the HBCUs, and how Dion sanders could help elevate them

It’s all about “prime time” and “neon”.

Yeah, I think we should really be able to empathize with the folks over at Jackson State.

And yeah, I think he has left a situation where life is gonna be miserable for Jackson State football for a couple of years
    Remember sanders wanted the Florida state gig. When he was basically told he was not qualified he chose to go to Jackson state to “prove himself”. This was never about HBCU’s. It was always about “prime time”.

Him taking the Colorado job after just a quick stop in Jackson proves this.

There’s a reason rappers move out of the ghetto when they get rich. Would you rather live in Jackson or Boulder? Seems like a pretty easy choice to me. Like a previous poster said, the most important color is green.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    There’s a reason rappers move out of the ghetto when they get rich. Would you rather live in Jackson or Boulder? Seems like a pretty easy choice to me. Like a previous poster said, the most important color is green.
    I personally would rather live in Mississippi than Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I agree. This is probably just step 2 in his quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    That’s a matter of personal preference. If I was gonna live in Mississippi it definitely wouldn’t be in Jackson. Give me the gulf coast all day. I’ve seen enough of the players complaining about their personal belongings being stolen, vehicles being broken into etc.

Cincy just hired Satterfield from Louisville…pretty surprising

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Cincy just hired Satterfield from Louisville…pretty surprising
    Very surprising from this vantage point!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Very surprising from this vantage point!
    Cincy is playing Louisville in the Fenway bowl. That should be interesting.

Which sideline will satterfield be on. Or just sit the game out.

The interesting thing with Sanders is this. He did what 99% of us would do. We see it in Louisiana…NOLA, especially after Katrina, people with green left. Today, California, those with the ability to sell their homes making green and getting out; Chicago has an out migration with crime. Other areas growing, jobs are the driver.

Green makes the world go round. It’s ironic the people that scream “white flight” and “racism” fail to see the driver is humans seeking better conditions for themselves, and the people saying “white flight” are divisive and racist in their view. It’s green. Even the dividers make “green” selling the idea people aren’t equal.

Some might not like the way Prime got to Boulder, but in the end we’re all basically the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Cincy is playing Louisville in the Fenway bowl. That should be interesting.

Which sideline will satterfield be on. Or just sit the game out.
    Well this is awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    The interesting thing with Sanders is this. He did what 99% of us would do. We see it in Louisiana…NOLA, especially after Katrina, people with green left. Today, California, those with the ability to sell their homes making green and getting out; Chicago has an out migration with crime. Other areas growing, jobs are the driver.

Green makes the world go round. It’s ironic the people that scream “white flight” and “racism” fail to see the driver is humans seeking better conditions for themselves, and the people saying “white flight” are divisive and racist in their view. It’s green. Even the dividers make “green” selling the idea people aren’t equal.

Some might not like the way Prime got to Boulder, but in the end we’re all basically the same.
    I don’t think anyone is blaming Deion for leaving as it’s obviously a better job and town. The issue with most all the talk about him him being a savior for the HBCUs. There are also several accounts of him, his couches and his players guilting and shaming other recruits and athletes for NOT going to HBCUs.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information