Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: QB 1 part 5

Default Re: QB 1 part 5

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    What about the posters here who are putting both Ben and Chandler out to pasture next year and replaced by someone already on the roster?
    Not putting anyone anywhere. Just suggesting Zeon gets a very serious look in the Spring. You really love drama. It’s exhausting and extremely unbecoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Not putting anyone anywhere. Just suggesting Zeon gets a very serious look in the Spring. You really love drama. It’s exhausting and extremely unbecoming.
    DaBoot would probably like to have a conversation with you about that.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    IMO not a fair comparison due to the amount of time Ben played versus Chandler. QB competition should be good next season. I think a few QB on the current roster will transfer out.
    Ben won't be cleared for contact until maybe August. The competition begins in the spring.

Ben Wooldridge:
    138/244 1,661 yds 56.6% 6.8 ypc 15 tds 5 int

Chandler Fields:
    89/157 954yds 56.7%
    6.1ypc 10 tds 4 int

Near identical stats.

5. Default Re: QB 1 part 5

If all are still here it competition is the spring will be between Zeon and chandler and possibly LL2 if he wants and is allowed to play qb. Ben will be out because of injury.

I have a feeling chandler might be playing at a SLC school next year.

And hopefully LL2 stays at WR.

Ben will be back when the season starts as a backup to whomever wins the job.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    If all are still here it competition is the spring will be between Zeon and chandler and possibly LL2 if he wants and is allowed to play qb. Ben will be out because of injury.

I have a feeling chandler might be playing at a SLC school next year.

And hopefully LL2 stays at WR.

Ben will be back when the season starts as a backup to whomever wins the job.
    His dad expects him to be at UL next year competing again to be QB1.

7. Default Re: QB 1 part 5

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Ben Wooldridge:
    138/244 1,661 yds 56.6% 6.8 ypc 15 tds 5 int

Chandler Fields:
    89/157 954yds 56.7%
    6.1ypc 10 tds 4 int

Near identical stats.
    What about their comparative ability or willingness to run?

8. Default Re: QB 1 part 5

I, for one, and many others would love for Chandler to come back. But I completely understand the young man if he chooses to transfer. Chandler won the job out of spring and I don't think he did anything to lose it. It's not like Ben was overwhelmingly better than Chandler when he played. Injury caused the reason why Chandler was not playing.

I said it in the beginning, I was not a fan of the 2 QB system that CMD had in place and wish he would have just gone with 1 or the other. Their were some good things that happened because of the 2 QB system and that was that BW was ready to come in because he had been playing part of the system, but the bad outweighed the good. I think CF never felt completely comfortable as the full time starter, always knowing that BW was on his heals. I think consistency was an issue for the entire team.

I said it before, I don't think either were exceptional, but I also don't think either was terrible. Ben had his issues and I noted them from the beginning. He had trouble (major trouble) throwing the 10 - 15 yard sideline pass, their jus wasn't enough ''zip" on that pass and he consistently threw it where it could get picked off. Chandler threw that pass a couple of times on Saturday night and it looked much better than most of the comparative throws from Ben. On the flip side, I think while both had the ability to run, Ben was clearly better at it and more comfortable doing it than Chandler. That added a different look that defenses had to be ready for.

Chandler looked really good vs an overmatched Texas State team on Saturday night. I can count about 3 passes that were "mistakes", but outside of those he played very well. The pick he threw was one of those, if he puts a little more air under it it might have been a TD. But for the most part he played smart, under control and made good decisions where he needed to.

I think Zeon is a special talent and has the chance to be really good here, but no way am I going to crown him the 2nd coming after just a few passes in mop up duty vs a bad football team. Zeon adds some real ability with his legs and his size. At 6'2" 208, he gives us something we have not had in a while, size and a frame to add more muscle. Chandler at 5'10 has some of the same limitations that Levi had. Ben is listed at 6'3 and might be, but I just don't think Ben has the arm strength that is their for a full time starter at the FBS level.

I noted this some time ago, all of his coaches that all had either QB experience and or were considered QB experts (Jeff Tetford, Billy Napier and Michael Desormeaux) all did not give him the nod as the starter when they had the chance. Granted Billy already had Levi here and was not going to bench him, but Ben was not the backup to Levi. Tetford had a QB competition at Fresno and went in another direction and CMD gave them both a chance and chose Chandler.

I could understand if 1 coach chose not to go with Ben vs the competition and maybe 2, but 3 college coaches chose someone else over Ben in 3 straight seasons in FBS football. I like Ben and I think he is talented and is a very good backup and every D1 football team in the country needs that, but all things comparable and if Ben was the only returning starter from this years team next year, I think we have to seriously consider either going in another direction with the players at QB we have this year or look at the transfer portal for an experienced veteran QB to start. The only way we do that is if we truly believe that none of the guys on the roster this year are capable of taking us from 6-6 to a conference championship. That would include Chandler, Ben, Zeon, Zy McDonald and Hunter Herring.

Just my long .02.

9. Default Re: QB 1 part 5

Ben's 12 of 13 in game two under yank and play conditions reset the clock for me

Question: Is Chandler Fields Da Boot’s son?

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Question: Is Chandler Fields Da Boot’s son?
    Lucky for chandler he isn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Lucky for chandler he isn’t.
    You sure about that? Great call the other day on the post-game Ragin Review.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    When you are talking from a pure QB talent stand point that’s the person on the roster who has that. The question will be can he learn the playbook and adjust to the college game.

You wouldn’t expect his dad to say anything else at this point ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information