Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

Tickets Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

Raw:

Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

Thanks everyone who joined and contributed! Good time, as usual.

The ownership of Texas State continues, as the Cajuns go into our second home in San Marcos and dominate the Cats to achieve bowl eligibility! The Guys take your calls and comments in a celebratory postgame show. We'll mention league news (LOL Coastal), notes from around CFB (including a very satisfying win for some team in College Station), a well rounded performance in all three phases, Chandler Fields' play, the future of Cajuns FB, coaching news, HBCUs, bowl destination possibilities, and plenty more. BOWLING SZN!

For full video of this episode, follow us on these platforms:
    YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Twitch | Instagram | TikTok

Coach Prime part was nice. At the end of the day, he’ll leave for greener pastures just like 99% of us. If he was intent on staying and growing HBCUs he would not be connected to any P5 openings. He also would be knocking on Phil Knight’s and other doors for investments.

5. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Coach Prime part was nice. At the end of the day, he’ll leave for greener pastures just like 99% of us. If he was intent on staying and growing HBCUs he would not be connected to any P5 openings. He also would be knocking on Phil Knight’s and other doors for investments.
    Well, he's done a lot of salesman work for that athletics program while he's been there. I just hope he stays.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Well, he's done a lot of salesman work for that athletics program while he's been there. I just hope he stays.
    With you on that. Was hoping he’d get JSU to apply for SLC or C-DOA membership if he’s not happy being HBCU.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom;[URL="tel:1403283"
    1403283[/URL]]With you on that. Was hoping he’d get JSU to apply for SLC or C-DOA membership if he’s not happy being HBCU.
    We’ll, he definitely has the football program capable of FBS competition. Is JSU capable of financially supporting next level programs across the board?

8. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

I expect to see a lot more of Mike Desormeaux promoting the program after the bowl win.

He did a great job this year just keeping his balance all while the rug was being pulled out from under him.

Now that his feet are firmly under him I expect he will be seen a LOT more around Acadiana.

First, some public speaking 101, then start the tour...

10. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    First, some public speaking 101, then start the tour...
    I don't feel as though CMD was out in the public as much as CBN. Now I could be wrong, but it just did not feel that way to me. Part of it could be CMD was getting comfortable as a HC and wanted to concentrate more on the on field coaching then publicity of the program or another part of that is CBN had been parts of really big programs and watched what those guys did and how to promote a program.

I think this year, CMD needs to get out more. He needs to be as public as possible. I think if you listen to both speak, you can clearly see that this is not CMD's comfort zone, but he has to get used to it if he wants more than 15-17K to show up consistently.

Some great places to start are:

Local Church Men's Suppers as a guest speaker
    Festivals
    Local Sporting Events including Cajuns and others
    Restaurants and Business gatherings

There is a fine balance between doing these to promote your program and coaching on the field. You have to be good at both. It doesn't matter if you promote your program from here to kingdom come if you go 6-6 or worse each year and it doesn't matter if you go 9-4 or better and don't promote your program.

You have to be able to both at the G5 level, if you can't you might be a winner in front of 15K or you might be a loser in front of 7K, either way the support won't be there.

I alalways found when giving a presentation to a group, it helps me if I have a "support "person there...he might do better if Troy W. Goes along and says a few words as well...but yea, he needs to get out to groups, sell the program...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I alalways found when giving a presentation to a group, it helps me if I have a "support "person there...he might do better if Troy W. Goes along and says a few words as well...but yea, he needs to get out to groups, sell the program...
    I mentioned Troy on the post game pod.

13. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I mentioned Troy on the post game pod.
    Troy is the closest thing we have to a Mark Hudspeth. I don’t know how he’d feel about doing a lot more local selling of the program.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Troy is the closest thing we have to a Mark Hudspeth. I don’t know how he’d feel about doing a lot more local selling of the program.
    I don't think Troy would have a problem at all.

I've long said that funding for Troy's position needs to come from some place other than the Athletic Program...it should come from Martin Hall.

If dude is comfortable doing what he is doing, Martin Hall should make sure he always has a home. If a new coach doesn't like him in his current position (which I think he excels at and there is something to be said for the continuity of institutional knowledge) then I'd make him a paid ambassador for the University.

Dude bleeds Vermilion.

Allow me to play devils advocate here if you will.

I heard a caller talking about CMD and the fact that he got better throughout the season It was also mentioned that the assistant coaches around him got better also and I agree with both of those statements 100%. Not arguing that at all. I do also think they will all be better in year 2 than they were in year one, the entire staff that is.

Josh said what he likes to see is improvement in a young coach from the beginning of the season to the end. Then he talked about the penalties early on and how they got cleaned up later in the year. All the many undisciplined drops of the football seemed to get cleaned later in the year as well. Lots of mistakes being made early on were mental. As we all know mental mistakes are made due to a lack of focus and discipline. Focus and discipline are 2 things that are developed in your team in the off season beginning in January with your identity phase of the process.

It was discussed at nauseam before the season that all the changes CMD made in the off season were changes that made things easier on players and took discipline and structure out of the process that CBN had in place. Now that we’ve seen the product through the complete schedule it is very safe to say that those changes making the off season program and camp easier on the players cost us at least a few games this year. Let’s hope CMD in the process of evaluating himself this year puts top priority in making his off season program the rigorous, disciplined, and structurally sound process it once was. That is where the success of next years team will begin.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information