Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I expect to see a lot more of Mike Desormeaux promoting the program after the bowl win.

He did a great job this year just keeping his balance all while the rug was being pulled out from under him.

Now that his feet are firmly under him I expect he will be seen a LOT more around Acadiana.
    You do? I would have thought end of last year after the bowl would have been his time to HUD it up. I just don't think that's his way similar to Napier. I think you'll be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    This is just an educated guess, and if I'm wrong, so be it, but i think I've figured out who Big Poppa is. And if he is who I think he is, we should give his words some play. Because he wore the vermillion and white jersey.

I did say that I tend to give credit where improvements are made after a half of season. I did say that we cleaned up a lot of unforced errors (we did). And I'll agree with BP that a lot of that was mental. But if we're ignoring everything that Mike had to deal with, we're blind.

How many were ineligible academically? I know the number, and it's outrageous, considering the staff we have in place to make sure this doesn't happen. Billy and Co obviously didn't give a ____ about it. How many were injured late in the year last year? More than many know and it was not disclosed, even to Mike. How many lies were told by Billy Napier and his BS exit strategy? Hell, they lied to the damn AD about their plans, illegally recruited Cajun athletes and covered up a multitude of shady activity.

Am I surprised? Hell no I'm not. But that fact that our fanbase bought into his crap, hook, line and sinker really bothered me.

We have no idea what Mike and his staff had to deal with this season. One of the many things that was keeping this football team together and believing in each other. Not losing the roster and keeping the morale of the remaining players high. One day, we might get the full story and yes, it was frustrating but, all y'all Billy Napier worshipers, you need to be slapped... That mother effer raided and destroyed the foundation of our program. I don't care who built it. He crippled us.

I'm happy to celebrate Mike and his staff and his team for this accomplishment. Will it be acceptable in 3 years? It won't. But this ain't that.
    We didn't buy into anything. If these "infractions" were not disclosed then how would we know better, especially since Des supposedly didn't know and was on staff? GTFOH. Don't start on the fanbase again for something we couldn't have known and you were just as much on the Napier fanbus as anyone during that time.

3. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

As just posted by MAT, CMD had a lot more to deal with last year than anyone knew and that any first year HC should have to deal with.

With hindsight, all should be proud of what was accomplished considering all the unknown variables. It’s time to recognize that we have a young and aspiring new HC that loves this university and this program and time to bury the hatchets and work with him to make the best of the future. We still have a lot to be thankful for and the the future success of this program and CMD will require the full support of its fan base, whatever size it may be . . . and a good and successful bowl game . . .

4. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    We didn't buy into anything. If these "infractions" were not disclosed then how would we know better, especially since Des supposedly didn't know and was on staff? GTFOH. Don't start on the fanbase again for something we couldn't have known and you were just as much on the Napier fanbus as anyone during that time.
    WTF are you talking about? You think all "infractions" are reported? lol

WTF are you talking about? You think all "infractions" are reported? lol

Reported? Not in this market...

This is just an educated guess, and if I'm wrong, so be it, but i think I've figured out who Big Poppa is. And if he is who I think he is, we should give his words some play. Because he wore the vermillion and white jersey.

I did say that I tend to give credit where improvements are made after a half of season. I did say that we cleaned up a lot of unforced errors (we did). And I'll agree with BP that a lot of that was mental. But if we're ignoring everything that Mike had to deal with, we're blind.

How many were ineligible academically? I know the number, and it's outrageous, considering the staff we have in place to make sure this doesn't happen. Billy and Co obviously didn't give a ____ about it. How many were injured late in the year last year? More than many know and it was not disclosed, even to Mike. How many lies were told by Billy Napier and his BS exit strategy? Hell, they lied to the damn AD about their plans, illegally recruited Cajun athletes and covered up a multitude of shady activity.

Am I surprised? Hell no I'm not. But that fact that our fanbase bought into his crap, hook, line and sinker really bothered me.

We have no idea what Mike and his staff had to deal with this season. One of the many things that was keeping this football team together and believing in each other. Not losing the roster and keeping the morale of the remaining players high. One day, we might get the full story and yes, it was frustrating but, all y'all Billy Napier worshipers, you need to be slapped... That mother effer raided and destroyed the foundation of our program. I don't care who built it. He crippled us.

I'm happy to celebrate Mike and his staff and his team for this accomplishment. Will it be acceptable in 3 years? It won't. But this ain't that.
    Whoa bruh

7. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Reported? Not in this market...
    The amount of hero worship that goes on in this "fan base" is nauseting. BN lied (to us and his former assistants), pillaged (roster and support staff) and destroyed (especially academically) our foundation and people STILL buy into his BS. You're lying to yourself if you still think BN was the angel he portrayed himself to be and we're just "bitter."

So perfectly UL. Always chasing the next big thing and can't stand that we have actual work to do at home.

Good points MAT. I was discussing the academic casualties today with a friend. I told him if Billy were coming back here no way that what have happened. I could see a situation where as Billy was robbing staff and taking them to Fla and Mike was in the process of filling his coaching staff and support staff some of the at risk students that need more attention could have fallen through the cracks. It probably also takes time for the new academic staff to figure out who those kids are. I would imagine the transition played a big part in that.

The amount of hero worship that goes on in this "fan base" is nauseting. BN lied (to us and his former assistants), pillaged (roster and support staff) and destroyed (especially academically) our foundation and people STILL buy into his BS. You're lying to yourself if you still think BN was the angel he portrayed himself to be and we're just "bitter."

So perfectly UL. Always chasing the next big thing and can't stand that we have actual work to do at home.
    National Story...whose the whistleblower?

I listened to this episode today while driving around the oil patch. Was maybe just the third time I’ve listened, with the other two being the first to episodes of this Fall.

The main thing I liked was stressing the need for the university to promote the upcoming bowl game ASAP. Not holding my breath, but it needs to be stressed and I hope y’all keep that up.

11. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Good points MAT. I was discussing the academic casualties today with a friend. I told him if Billy were coming back here no way that what have happened. I could see a situation where as Billy was robbing staff and taking them to Fla and Mike was in the process of filling his coaching staff and support staff some of the at risk students that need more attention could have fallen through the cracks. It probably also takes time for the new academic staff to figure out who those kids are. I would imagine the transition played a big part in that.
    I honestly think that is the biggest part of what happened. Lots of people in transition at the same time.

12. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I listened to this episode today while driving around the oil patch. Was maybe just the third time I’ve listened, with the other two being the first to episodes of this Fall.

The main thing I liked was stressing the need for the university to promote the upcoming bowl game ASAP. Not holding my breath, but it needs to be stressed and I hope y’all keep that up.
    Thanks for checking us out, runner. The other episodes are good too. (we think)

Thanks for checking us out, runner. The other episodes are good too. (we think)
    Love the raw uncensored platform that this pod offers versus other platforms.

14. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

They are all pretty good except the cap thingy . . .

15. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Troy is the closest thing we have to a Mark Hudspeth. I don’t know how he’d feel about doing a lot more local selling of the program.
    …..Troy did a great job of getting the kids at student government day in ABBEVILLE pumped up…..didn’t realize his position hindered his recruiting efforts….great part of the “walked the walk” parts of UL!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information