Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

1. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

It’s not that we had 45 players leave.

It’s not that our coaching staff was raided.

It’s not that we suffered more than expected injuries to the O line.

It’s that they didn’t sleep in the dorms during camp that cost us games.

That was one of the most hilarious posts with the largest stretch in conclusions ever made here.

2. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post

That was one of the most hilarious posts with the largest stretch in conclusions ever made here.
    It was always that the coaching staff was raided.

The spread out team was a pre-season worry not a post game conclusion.

No one knew about the unrerecruited 45 so it could not have been about that.

Not sure why your using your 20/20 HS (hind sight) to find humor in being BlindSided.

Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

Most people that watched every Cajun game this year including some highly respected ex players and coaches that I have had conversations with all agree we had as much or more talent than every team we lost to that isn’t called Florida st.

4. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

Sorry, just not buying it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Most people that watched every Cajun game this year including some highly respected ex players and coaches that I have had conversations with all agree we had as much or more talent than every team we lost to that isn’t called Florida st.
    Except on the OL. You can’t showcase the talent we do have when we struggle to win the trenches on offense. Not to mention ____ poor execution from out FG unit. That cost us three games.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Except on the OL. You can’t showcase the talent we do have when we struggle to win the trenches on offense. Not to mention ____ poor execution from out FG unit. That cost us three games.
    As some one who watched every game we played twice and every team we played during the week leading up to the game you are correct when speaking of 1 player on OL. He was just under sized and didn't have the God given ability. But he had a big heart. Other than that our line had as much God given talent as any, but often didn't play as one and together as a unit like our opponents did. That is not a talent issue.

_____ Poor execution at any position is a mental toughness issue. Like the above post said that comes from discipline. Discipline is instilled during the process of the off season. Nick Saban when talking about his success always talks about the process. The process is not what happens on game day or week. It starts on the first day of your offseason workout.

7. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

Right, wrong or indifferent you always shoot from the top. Sorry, but I’m just not buying that we lost 2 or 3 additional games because athletes slept at their college home instead of at a dorm during summer camp.

While I am not saying that this is something CMD should not reconsider going into this next season, with all of visible tangible issues available to lay blame, I can’t reach to that totally intangible issue . . .

I think the whole point Big Poppa was trying to make was summed up 9n the last two sentences. That is, CMD needs to stop being a player's coach and become more of a hard _____.

Right, wrong or indifferent you always shoot from the top. Sorry, but I’m just not buying that we lost 2 or 3 additional games because athletes slept at their college home instead of at a dorm during summer camp.

While I am not saying that this is something CMD should not reconsider going into this next season, with all of visible tangible issues available to lay blame, I can’t reach to that totally intangible issue . . .
    The fact that you think the camp situation is just about where you sleep proves to me you know nothing about a football camp. No need for me to go with someone who just don’t understand because you’ll probably never get it.

10. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    I think the whole point Big Poppa was trying to make was summed up 9n the last two sentences. That is, CMD needs to stop being a player's coach and become more of a hard _____.
    It’s easy to make that recommendation in a vacuum, but CMD has a team which he needs to build and keep together and now more than ever because of NIL and the free transfer portal, I am willing to completely leave in the discretion of CMD what kind of coach he believes he needs to be in order to retain the most talent he can retain considering the circumstances . . . for it his career that is at stake and he has the most to lose if his decisions result in an adverse or undesirable season.

11. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

The fact that you think the camp situation is just about where you sleep proves to me you know nothing about a football camp. No need for me to go with someone who just don’t understand because you’ll probably never get it.
    Personal attacks show how weak your position may be.

12. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

Allow me to play devils advocate here if you will.

I heard a caller talking about CMD and the fact that he got better throughout the season It was also mentioned that the assistant coaches around him got better also and I agree with both of those statements 100%. Not arguing that at all. I do also think they will all be better in year 2 than they were in year one, the entire staff that is.

Josh said what he likes to see is improvement in a young coach from the beginning of the season to the end. Then he talked about the penalties early on and how they got cleaned up later in the year. All the many undisciplined drops of the football seemed to get cleaned later in the year as well. Lots of mistakes being made early on were mental. As we all know mental mistakes are made due to a lack of focus and discipline. Focus and discipline are 2 things that are developed in your team in the off season beginning in January with your identity phase of the process.

It was discussed at nauseam before the season that all the changes CMD made in the off season were changes that made things easier on players and took discipline and structure out of the process that CBN had in place. Now that we’ve seen the product through the complete schedule it is very safe to say that those changes making the off season program and camp easier on the players cost us at least a few games this year. Let’s hope CMD in the process of evaluating himself this year puts top priority in making his off season program the rigorous, disciplined, and structurally sound process it once was. That is where the success of next years team will begin.
    I’m not convinced that it’s been proven.

13. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

Troy had many more preseason first team all conference, and total all conference players than we did. Guess the typical SBC coach is a no talent hack.

14. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

The bias of agenda always surfaces . . .

15. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Texas State Bobcats

Allow me to play devils advocate here if you will.

I heard a caller talking about CMD and the fact that he got better throughout the season It was also mentioned that the assistant coaches around him got better also and I agree with both of those statements 100%. Not arguing that at all. I do also think they will all be better in year 2 than they were in year one, the entire staff that is.

Josh said what he likes to see is improvement in a young coach from the beginning of the season to the end. Then he talked about the penalties early on and how they got cleaned up later in the year. All the many undisciplined drops of the football seemed to get cleaned later in the year as well. Lots of mistakes being made early on were mental. As we all know mental mistakes are made due to a lack of focus and discipline. Focus and discipline are 2 things that are developed in your team in the off season beginning in January with your identity phase of the process.

It was discussed at nauseam before the season that all the changes CMD made in the off season were changes that made things easier on players and took discipline and structure out of the process that CBN had in place. Now that we’ve seen the product through the complete schedule it is very safe to say that those changes making the off season program and camp easier on the players cost us at least a few games this year. Let’s hope CMD in the process of evaluating himself this year puts top priority in making his off season program the rigorous, disciplined, and structurally sound process it once was. That is where the success of next years team will begin.
    This is just an educated guess, and if I'm wrong, so be it, but i think I've figured out who Big Poppa is. And if he is who I think he is, we should give his words some play. Because he wore the vermillion and white jersey.

I did say that I tend to give credit where improvements are made after a half of season. I did say that we cleaned up a lot of unforced errors (we did). And I'll agree with BP that a lot of that was mental. But if we're ignoring everything that Mike had to deal with, we're blind.

How many were ineligible academically? I know the number, and it's outrageous, considering the staff we have in place to make sure this doesn't happen. Billy and Co obviously didn't give a ____ about it. How many were injured late in the year last year? More than many know and it was not disclosed, even to Mike. How many lies were told by Billy Napier and his BS exit strategy? Hell, they lied to the damn AD about their plans, illegally recruited Cajun athletes and covered up a multitude of shady activity.

Am I surprised? Hell no I'm not. But that fact that our fanbase bought into his crap, hook, line and sinker really bothered me.

We have no idea what Mike and his staff had to deal with this season. One of the many things that was keeping this football team together and believing in each other. Not losing the roster and keeping the morale of the remaining players high. One day, we might get the full story and yes, it was frustrating but, all y'all Billy Napier worshipers, you need to be slapped... That mother effer raided and destroyed the foundation of our program. I don't care who built it. He crippled us.

I'm happy to celebrate Mike and his staff and his team for this accomplishment. Will it be acceptable in 3 years? It won't. But this ain't that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information