Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

1. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    If he can’t beat out NutsMyer in game 12 he’s not all that.
    Speak of what you know, not of what you assume . . . you know that little saying about "assume" ass, you and me . . .

2. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

It is nice to know that we still have available an NFL caliber QB to come off the bench in the bowl game in the event that Fields needs help . . .

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

LL2 is never playing QB at UL. He'll be a great, superstar WR, but never a QB

4. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Speak of what you know, not of what you assume . . . you know that little saying about "assume" ass, you and me . . .
    I know you have some cute quips, some even matter. But not this time.

5. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I know you have some cute quips, some even matter. But not this time.
    Trust me, I have a bird on the inside of both on this one. With that said, it has been rather hilarious the takes provided on this board. Many need to get a birdie if they are going to go that far out on a limb, otherwise they will continue to look silly.

6. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    One beat the other on the road with less talent around him. Every one in the stands that night could see Chriss was the best player on that Field.
    I talked to my little birdie this morning. Here are the facts.

WH was the only player on the field that was even remotely D1 caliber for STM that game. . .

Madison Prep had 5 players that went D1, including a DE which is now starting in the SEC as a freshman chasing WH around for that whole game.

So there you go on the talent thing. Like I posted earlier, STM probably had the best QB that has and will ever play there with the weakest support staff that STM has ever had.

His O-line was so weak that he was out for several games and played most of the season injured. He was running for his life every game in addition to trying to play QB.

Now WH's junior year was quite different. He had a strong line and many strong assets at the skill positions. Bech being one of them.

7. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Trust me, I have a bird on the inside of both on this one. With that said, it has been rather hilarious the takes provided on this board. Many need to get a birdie if they are going to go that far out on a limb, otherwise they will continue to look silly.
    A bird or an edict?

No Egrets please.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    You think CMD drew it up to have him throw into coverage instead of taking the open receiver?

Fields is a decent QB, but those saying last year he should have started over LL were definitely smoking something. Or I hope they were.

No, LL would have not won 13 games this year, and Fields would not have last year.
    Can you send me the winning powerball numbers?

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    LL2 is never playing QB at UL. He'll be a great, superstar WR, but never a QB
    Physically, he's the best but that's not the only requirement to play QB. The problems we had moving the chains running the ball and in pass protection for several games earlier this season, made me question playing a pocket passer who doesn't have the wheels to be an effective runner. BW ran the ball better, so he ended up effectively winning the job cuz CF did not start another game after recovering from injury. LL2 would have provided another level of running ability, so would have liked to see him in the wildcat formation more than what was called. This was my primary reason I was supporting him at the QB position. As I see it today and based on new info from a reliable source, playing WR is probably his best path to playing on Sundays. He has the chance of being our top receiver next year, but he's learning a new position and there's no guarantee he will be successful.

If CF leaves, that's because he knows he can't win the starting job. BW will have his work cut out for him rehabbing from ACL injury, not the best situation to be in with a highly touted RS Frosh QB getting loads of reps in the spring.

I talked to my little birdie this morning. Here are the facts.

WH was the only player on the field that was even remotely D1 caliber for STM that game. . .

Madison Prep had 5 players that went D1, including a DE which is now starting in the SEC as a freshman chasing WH around for that whole game.

So there you go on the talent thing. Like I posted earlier, STM probably had the best QB that has and will ever play there with the weakest support staff that STM has ever had.

His O-line was so weak that he was out for several games and played most of the season injured. He was running for his life every game in addition to trying to play QB.

Now WH's junior year was quite different. He had a strong line and many strong assets at the skill positions. Bech being one of them.
    Everyone has a birdie. I don't disagree with anything you have posted. Here's what your birdie didn't say: 1) STM was the better coached team and more disciplined. 2) STM was the deeper team with over 100 plus kids dressed out including some talented underclassmen. 3) STM has beaten teams with more talented athletes before under Hightower including Acadiana High and Carencro. I look at the talent around the QB just like Arch Manning at Newmann High. That night, Chriss was the better QB on the field period.

I haven't discussed Howard because he is young, but if you are going to make the point Chriss was still on the bench, then why is Howard not playing after enrolling early and going through spring?

A good coach once told me if you are a playing a true freshman at QB regardless of talent, it's a recipe for a bad season. That applies to any level including the SEC and SBC. I have no idea how good Howard will be, like all young QBs he will need time and patience. I wish him luck at LSU, it's the program he loves. It was just terrible he received death threats from a few crazy LSU fans when he visited Notre Dame.

11. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Everyone has a birdie. I don't disagree with anything you have posted. Here's what your birdie didn't say: 1) STM was the better coached team and more disciplined. 2) STM was the deeper team with over 100 plus kids dressed out including some talented underclassmen. 3) STM has beaten teams with more talented athletes before under Hightower including Acadiana High and Carencro. I look at the talent around the QB just like Arch Manning at Newmann High. That night, Chriss was the better QB on the field period.

I haven't discussed Howard because he is young, but if you are going to make the point Chriss was still on the bench, then why is Howard not playing after enrolling early and going through spring?

A good coach once told me if you are a playing a true freshman at QB regardless of talent, it's a recipe for a bad season. That applies to any level including the SEC and SBC. I have no idea how good Howard will be, like all young QBs he will need time and patience. I wish him luck at LSU, it's the program he loves. It was just terrible he received death threats from a few crazy LSU fans when he visited Notre Dame.
    Sorry, but none of this really adds anything to the discussion. The discussion was started with the following: Chris’s > Walker Howard

It didn’t say he was better in that game. Because many focused on that game for support, I provided the actual reasons why that game turned out the way it did, not hypothetical or traditional reasons as you cite.

Be that as it may, I believe I have made a very solid case and it is futile to continue as each will eventually get their turns to shine for their respective teams and I will be watching and pulling equally as hard for both to be successful for a very long time.

I finish with the fact that there was a reason that virtually every D1 coach in the country was looking at Walker Howard and he pretty much could have cashed his ticket anywhere he wanted to go. I don’t think that was the case with Zeon.

Sorry, but none of this really adds anything to the discussion. The discussion was started with the following: Chris’s > Walker Howard

It didn’t say he was better in that game. Because many focused on that game for support, I provided the actual reasons why that game turned out the way it did, not hypothetical or traditional reasons as you cite.

Be that as it may, I believe I have made a very solid case and it is futile to continue as each will eventually get their turns to shine for their respective teams and I will be watching and pulling equally as hard for both to be successful for a very long time.

I finish with the fact that there was a reason that virtually every D1 coach in the country was looking at Walker Howard and he pretty much could have cashed his ticket anywhere he wanted to go. I don’t think that was the case with Zeon.
    Okay, so I will simplify the answer. Chriss was better that night. The difference between the two to answer your question is the pedigree and knowledge of the position. Howard has both and was considered more polished coming out of HS. Chriss's physical attributes are better. He was a high 3 star and had he committed to a P5 he would have upgraded to a 4 star. That's how the system works.

Thanks

13. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Okay, so I will simplify the answer. Chriss was better that night. The difference between the two to answer your question is the pedigree and knowledge of the position. Howard has both and was considered more polished coming out of HS. Chriss's physical attributes are better. He was a high 3 star and had he committed to a P5 he would have upgraded to a 4 star. That's how the system works.

Thanks
    Again, you tend to minimize the facts and maximize speculation. If that’s what it takes to get you there, we know what credence to lend to that opinion . . . Thanks

Again, you tend to minimize the facts and maximize speculation. If that’s what it takes to get you there, we know what credence to lend to that opinion . . . Thanks
    Again, I know the system and how it works. I also have friends involved in College Football recruiting at Missouri, Georgia, TCU and Southern Miss. All I have to do is ask for their evaluation of any athlete they can view film on. I can measure their opinions and yours, which do you think I should go with?

15. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Again, I know the system and how it works. I also have friends involved in College Football recruiting at Missouri, Georgia, TCU and Southern Miss. All I have to do is ask for their evaluation of any athlete they can view film on. I can measure their opinions and yours, which do you think I should go with?
    Ask . . . but ask as a QB, not as an athlete . . .

Athlete

Chriss > Howard

QB

Howard > Chriss

You do know TCU was in town on the day before Howard signed still trying to get him . . .

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread Information