Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Not a slight on Chandler but what was your stance when Wooldridge opened the season .

19 of 24 for 227 yards, 2 TDs and zero interceptions?
    I was glad to see we had a capable back up.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I’m thinking it might be quite the opposite on the talent side. For Howard’s senior year, STM probably had the least talented o line and set of skill players in 15 years. But it is normal to assume otherwise, especially when one has an agenda.
    I’m thinking I saw the game and know what I saw. How familiar are you with Zeon’s high school team.

3. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I’m thinking I saw the game and know what I saw. How familiar are you with Zeon’s high school team.
    I’m very familiar with Howard’s and the talent level was just not there. Why do you think he was hurt for part of the season?

My observations on the weekend.

Weather was crappy on our drive to San Marcos Thursday.

Friday, weather was better and we were able to enjoy our stops at various liquid stops.

Saturday, weather cleared up and so did our Cajuns. I really liked TXST’s stadium. Able to sit on the 50 behind Cajun bench and not many folks in attendance. QB of the future is here.

Sunday drive back was bad from Bridge City eastward

Monday morning QB of reading this thread was entertaining.

I’ll miss not returning to San Marcos for 2 years. Baseball and Softball also play here in 2023.

Please let us play in the Independence Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    One beat the other on the road with less talent around him. Every one in the stands that night could see Chriss was the best player on that Field.
    I was not at that game but I have several friends that have kids at STM who were there. Many of them big LSUA&MBR fans and they told me the same thing about that night. Said Chriss was electric and the best player on the field on that night. I can't wait to get a long look and bigger sample size of his ability just because of everything I have heard from people who do get to see him.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Fields calling these plays?
    You think CMD drew it up to have him throw into coverage instead of taking the open receiver?

Fields is a decent QB, but those saying last year he should have started over LL were definitely smoking something. Or I hope they were.

No, LL would have not won 13 games this year, and Fields would not have last year.

7. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    You think CMD drew it up to have him throw into coverage instead of taking the open receiver?

Fields is a decent QB, but those saying last year he should have started over LL were definitely smoking something. Or I hope they were.

No, LL would have not won 13 games this year, and Fields would not have last year.
    Solid take.

8. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Had WH gone to Louisiana, he would have started this whole season and lit it up. We would not be here talking today about Ben, Chandler or Zeon . . .

9. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Had WH gone to Louisiana, he would have started this whole season and lit it up. We would not be here talking today about Ben, Chandler or Zeon . . .
    Apparently his coach didn’t trust him to spell the LSU quarterback at TAMU. He put in NutsMyer even though it wasn’t going to impact his red shirt status.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Apparently his coach didn’t trust him to spell the LSU quarterback at TAMU. He put in NutsMyer even though it wasn’t going to impact his red shirt status.
    Thats because Howard isnt #2 on the depth chart regardless if the game doesnt affect his RS.

11. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Thats because Howard isnt #2 on the depth chart regardless if the game doesnt affect his RS.
    He would be #1 on the depth chart at Louisiana right now.

12. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Tell you that LL2 is a better runner and can throw the ball further than all QBs mentioned….: think he would have been scary at USM and their wild-cat with a true qb!

13. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Tell you that LL2 is a better runner and can throw the ball further than all QBs mentioned….: think he would have been scary at USM and their wild-cat with a true qb!
    Apparently you’re not getting the part when CMD said he couldn’t outperform the other quarterbacks we have

14. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Apparently you’re not getting the part when CMD said he couldn’t outperform the other quarterbacks we have
    Bommer may be thinking that another coach may have seen things differently . . .

15. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    If he can’t beat out NutsMyer in game 12 he’s not all that.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread Information