Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Sounds like a lot of rocks to me. Help me out rock kicker . . .
    Sounds like you are still belly aching because Zeon beat your beloved STM last season. He will play next season and I base that off what his head coach told us at the QB Club and his improvement over the past 4 weeks. Let's see how he looks in the spring.

2. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    What? Zeon will play in the nfl one day.
    ……Don’t know the future but our 3rd team QB at seasons start will possibly be there……just hoping that he stays along with the other guys in his great catch QB and RB!

3. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Sounds like you are still belly aching because Zeon beat your beloved STM last season. He will play next season and I base that off what his head coach told us at the QB Club and his improvement over the past 4 weeks. Let's see how he looks in the spring.
    I have never belly ached so I can’t still be belly aching . . .

Zeon > walker howard

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Zeon > walker howard
    I was at game last year in which those two squared off. I don’t know which player is better. I do know Zeon played well that night and his team won the game. I also know that Zeon is a very spiritual young man according to his Twitter posts. He is an ardent student of the Bible. Not that means anything in regards to his football ability. It does lead me to think we do not have to worry about him leaving.

I agree with you that the QB position should be wide open again. I also believe there is a reason he did not play this year and that one series Saturday did not resolve it.
    He was a true freshman, period.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    So here is what I'm saying about Chriss. I look at how he looked against Arkansas St., which is a worse defense than Texas State and he looked like a freshman. Since Field was injured Zeon has had the opportunity to take more snaps with the first team offense. And the last two weeks with Woolridge out he has gotten more reps with the first team. Last night I saw no hesitation in his decision making. In fact, on two throws he went through his progression and hit the open receiver. Now it might be mop up duty, but his improvement was evident in comparison to the Arkansas St. game.

Now, I wasn't one of those people calling for Fields last season but if someone can't see the talent difference between Fields and Chriss, they probably don't know much about football. We signed him to play, and he will play next season. I said it wouldn't surprise me if he gets the majority of reps in the spring and he may not be the guy at that point. Come next season he will play.
    This right here!

For the record, I hope Zeon goes get it in the spring and beats out the field.
    I can tell you one “Fields” he probably won’t have to beat out from what I am hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I can tell you one “Fields” he probably won’t have to beat out from what I am hearing.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    What?
    He is basically saying Fields is leaving.

Just listened to the postgame interview with CMD from Saturday. One word: gratitude. I think it was divine providence that put us at 6-6 so that we could be humbled and then be more appreciative of this team at 6-6 and scrapping for a bowl bid. I remember during the Bustle years how 6-6 was on the Christmas list but a bowl game passed us by. There were only 35 bowls back then. I will appreciate this season as much as I did the 13-1 season last year. Geaux Cajuns.

I don’t think Chriss was ready to start this year. I think the coaching staff didn’t want to show him off in limited action either. I’m sure every school has a scout/scouts watching other teams, looking for possible transfers.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

How so? One sits the bench for a team trying to get bowl eligible in the last regular season game of the season and the other sits the bench for another team that was trying to stay in playoff contention in the last regular season game of the season. One series against a very bad team who had already lost its last game of the season is too small a sample size to make such an evaluation.
    One beat the other on the road with less talent around him. Every one in the stands that night could see Chriss was the best player on that Field.

14. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

One beat the other on the road with less talent around him. Every one in the stands that night could see Chriss was the best player on that Field.
    Was that your stance for Ben's game when he had 12 of 13 completions and 2 touchdowns?

15. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

I’m thinking it might be quite the opposite on the talent side. For Howard’s senior year, STM probably had the least talented o line and set of skill players in 15 years. But it is normal to assume otherwise, especially when one has an agenda.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread Information