Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 . LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    So here is what I'm saying about Chriss. I look at how he looked against Arkansas St., which is a worse defense than Texas State and he looked like a freshman. Since Field was injured Zeon has had the opportunity to take more snaps with the first team offense. And the last two weeks with Woolridge out he has gotten more reps with the first team. Last night I saw no hesitation in his decision making. In fact, on two throws he went through his progression and hit the open receiver. Now it might be mop up duty, but his improvement was evident in comparison to the Arkansas St. game.

Now, I wasn't one of those people calling for Fields last season but if someone can't see the talent difference between Fields and Chriss, they probably don't know much about football. We signed him to play, and he will play next season. I said it wouldn't surprise me if he gets the majority of reps in the spring and he may not be the guy at that point. Come next season he will play.
    Agree, and I hope he turns out to be what we need at QB, for several years to come.

So here is what I'm saying about Chriss. I look at how he looked against Arkansas St., which is a worse defense than Texas State and he looked like a freshman. Since Field was injured Zeon has had the opportunity to take more snaps with the first team offense. And the last two weeks with Woolridge out he has gotten more reps with the first team. Last night I saw no hesitation in his decision making. In fact, on two throws he went through his progression and hit the open receiver. Now it might be mop up duty, but his improvement was evident in comparison to the Arkansas St. game.

Now, I wasn't one of those people calling for Fields last season but if someone can't see the talent difference between Fields and Chriss, they probably don't know much about football. We signed him to play, and he will play next season. I said it wouldn't surprise me if he gets the majority of reps in the spring and he may not be the guy at that point. Come next season he will play.
    Agree 100%. All the balls I saw Chriss throw in early action were floaters. Last night was decisive, on-time throws. He is just one of the players that will benefit from these additional bowl practices and hopefully get some live action in the bowl game. I believe he has only appeared in 3 games so far, but I could be wrong on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Agree 100%. All the balls I saw Chriss throw in early action were floaters. Last night was decisive, on-time throws. He is just one of the players that will benefit from these additional bowl practices and hopefully get some live action in the bowl game. I believe he has only appeared in 3 games so far, but I could be wrong on that.
    They have a tough decision to make. He hasn't lost his RS yet. He plays in the bowl game, he will definitely lose it.

4. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

He has played in 4 games already? If so, not to smart to put him in yesterday and place yourself in that situation for the bowl game.

You guys sure about ZC playing in 3 before last night.Counting 1 snap at FSU, WASNT HE only in one other game?

6. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

It’s starting to look like all of our authorities here are just a little bit off. Some may be a lot off . . .

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    You guys sure about ZC playing in 3 before last night.Counting 1 snap at FSU, WASNT HE only in one other game?
    Yes, that's my recollection as well. He would be eligible to play in the bowl and maintain his redshirt, IMO.

8. UL Football Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

They have a tough decision to make. He hasn't lost his RS yet. He plays in the bowl game, he will definitely lose it.
    That’s why it made zero sense to let him close out a game handing off the ball. I believe Georgia Southern.

9. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

https://ragincajuns.com/sports/footb.on-chriss/8423

Maybe it made more sense than some believe . . .

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Official stats show him only 3 games stAte,FSU and TXST. He can play in the bowl game.

11. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Defense won the EMU game. How many turn over did they get in that 2nd half? Don’t remember the exact number but think it was 4 or 5 in that neighbor hood. Which all led to very short fields.

Just go back and look at the number of drops we had by receivers when playing 2 QBs compared to when he went with one. If you think that is just coincidence and has nothing to do with seeing the ball differently without consistency then you are just fooling yourself.

I can assure after winning the job in fall camp Chandler didn’t think those in game breaks did him good and he didn’t appreciate them much. It was evident in Monroe after he scored touchdowns in the first 2 possessions and got pulled the entire offensive momentum dropped completely off. CMD even admitted as much that he probably made a mistake there. As a matter of fact CF disliked those “in game breaks” so much I would not be surprised if he hits the portal.
    Not a slight on Chandler but what was your stance when Wooldridge opened the season .

19 of 24 for 227 yards, 2 TDs and zero interceptions?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Official stats show him only 3 games stAte,FSU and TXST. He can play in the bowl game.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    This is hilarious. And even more so when you admit you have no clue how many passes he attempted in all those games you suggest I watch. By the way, I have watched all the games this season, thus my conclusion. I’m not sure what you are basing yours upon.
    He had three passing attempts before last night. I admittedly learned that today. Doesn’t change the fact that his handcuffs were taken off at TXST. Stop being so dramatic. I just think the kid is our future. If that upsets you, go kick rocks.

14. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

All I can say is that the two posters here who say Zeon will play next year had no clue what he has played this year, along with the fact that those who decide who will play have not called upon him in a 6 and 6 season to play this year lends itself to not putting much credence in those opinions.

As for the rocks, thanks, but no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    All I can say is that the two posters here who say Zeon will play next year had no clue what he has played this year, along with the fact that those who decide who will play have not called upon him in a 6 and 6 season to play this year lends itself to not putting much credence in those opinions.

As for the rocks, thanks, but no thanks.
    Had no clue? Buddy, he had a couple passing attempts amongst mop up duty where he was running the ball a majority of the time to kill clock.

If you can’t recognize the growth over these last few weeks and the expansion of the playbook, I don’t know what to tell you. It was night and day from what his previous role was.

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 . LastLast

Thread Information