Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 . LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

1. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You know someone who quit?
    Only the quitter knows if he quit. To everyone else he looks like the victim.

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The Real People Concensus Association is always right.
    Stop.you're in over your head.

Spavital was fired today.

4. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    They told him to prepare for Zeon . . .

They told him to prepare for Zeon . . .
    I just rewatched his drive, you should too. Made smart decisions with the ball on every play. Every throw was perfect except for one that LL slipped coming out of the gate, and on that play Zeon made the right call and threw it away. Even on a botched snap on a designed run he got positive yards. Kid looked really good against a SBC defense. In fact…he looked perfect.

6. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I just rewatched his drive, you should too. Made smart decisions with the ball on every play. Every throw was perfect except for one that LL slipped coming out of the gate, and on that play Zeon made the right call and threw it away. Kid looked really good against a SBC defense.
    I don’t want to take anything away from the kid, just not buying the crown you are placing on his head for one series in a lost game against a defense whose coach just got fired. I saw how much he played the whole season and you want to override that with the indicated series. Just not buying it.

I don’t want to take anything away from the kid, just not buying the crown you are placing on his head for one series in a lost game against a defense whose coach just got fired. I saw how much he played the whole season and you want to override that with the indicated series. Just not buying it.
    If you watched him all season, then you would know last night was the first time they took his handcuffs off.

8. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

I believe this is the only appearance out of three where he completed a pass.

I frankly don’t remember a pass attempt before last night, but that may be ignorance on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Maroon and Gold board must be rejoicing.

According to the announcers last night, they had a boat load of their offensive contributors out last night.

11. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Z was zero for three before last night.

Last night was different.

12. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Well he has been crowned starter here for 2023 so he should get plenty more opportunities.

No way to know at this point if Zeon is all what people are making him out to be. He's barely touched the ball this season in real games and one mop up drive does not make a good QB. I will hold my judgement until I see him play a lot more. Reminder: People were all so up about Chandler before this year. It wasn't until the he was in a real game situation that he started to show that he was not really ready and he struggled a good bit.

14. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, Texas State 13

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    If you watched him all season, then you would know last night was the first time they took his handcuffs off.
    This is hilarious. And even more so when you admit you have no clue how many passes he attempted in all those games you suggest I watch. By the way, I have watched all the games this season, thus my conclusion. I’m not sure what you are basing yours upon.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    No way to know at this point if Zeon is all what people are making him out to be. He's barely touched the ball this season in real games and one mop up drive does not make a good QB. I will hold my judgement until I see him play a lot more. Reminder: People were all so up about Chandler before this year. It wasn't until the he was in a real game situation that he started to show that he was not really ready and he struggled a good bit.
    So here is what I'm saying about Chriss. I look at how he looked against Arkansas St., which is a worse defense than Texas State and he looked like a freshman. Since Field was injured Zeon has had the opportunity to take more snaps with the first team offense. And the last two weeks with Woolridge out he has gotten more reps with the first team. Last night I saw no hesitation in his decision making. In fact, on two throws he went through his progression and hit the open receiver. Now it might be mop up duty, but his improvement was evident in comparison to the Arkansas St. game.

Now, I wasn't one of those people calling for Fields last season but if someone can't see the talent difference between Fields and Chriss, they probably don't know much about football. We signed him to play, and he will play next season. I said it wouldn't surprise me if he gets the majority of reps in the spring and he may not be the guy at that point. Come next season he will play.

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 . LastLast

Thread Information